MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Information > Events, Meets and Rides
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 01-25-2010, 10:21 AM   #201
hotcknstrips
Bevo's royal guard.

Feedback Rating: (8)

Experience: 7 years
Trackdays: 7

Bike(s):
09 Buell 1125CR

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJFLo View Post
I thought that statement was pretty assholish... Just sayin. I knew Snow was just playing around. Cali doesnt have to "call out" the Noobs and make them look like fools.
ok, we are all .

group hug?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Weird Lady
Mucus Membrane!
hotcknstrips is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Forest Ride 10.24.10 Sunday tiatool Events, Meets and Rides 7 10-24-2010 04:10 PM
Memorial Day Ride w the Forest Gnomes 5.31.10 CaligoneTx Events, Meets and Rides 112 06-02-2010 11:42 PM
Forest Gnomes 'Fk da Hearts' Second Annual Ride 2.13.10 CaligoneTx Events, Meets and Rides 136 02-15-2010 07:35 PM
Forest Gnomes Ride 1.30.10 Bevo Events, Meets and Rides 10 01-29-2010 05:56 AM
Forest Gnomes: Sat 10.25: GSS or Forest? CaligoneTx Events, Meets and Rides 27 10-20-2008 08:45 PM
Advertisement
Old 01-25-2010, 10:33 AM   #202
1FC
380 Racing & Paint

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
GSXR
GSXR
GSXR
GSXR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevo View Post
1 CBR1

Wow thats some bike there.
1FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 10:35 AM   #203
CaligoneTx
Forest Gnome Tour Guide

Bike(s):
Triumph 675r
Ducati 748
Hyosungs (250r + 650r)
Honda 900rr
Suzuki Busa1300r (+2 bikes)

Send a message via AIM to CaligoneTx Send a message via Yahoo to CaligoneTx
Never one have a swore at you Snow nor called you any names.

Nor in my response to your PM.... but it was cute

If you wanna dish anything out and pout when it comes back, go back to twittering with your highschool friends.

Im not concerned what people on the internet feel about me. Obviously if that's how you know me, you're a poor judge of character. I will lose no sleep over what I posted earlier because whether you were referencing a joke to him or not its a public forum, enlighten us a bit and dont make a stand alone comment disrespecting a Noob ride of all things about speed.

I'll get off my soap box, you start keyboard ninja-ing every post you make and there will be less talking and laughing behind your back.
Old 01-25-2010, 10:45 AM   #204
Snow
Can I kick it?

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
Sick 7-5

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaligoneTx View Post
Never one have a swore at you Snow nor called you any names.

Nor in my response to your PM.... but it was cute

If you wanna dish anything out and pout when it comes back, go back to twittering with your highschool friends.

Im not concerned what people on the internet feel about me. Obviously if that's how you know me, you're a poor judge of character. I will lose no sleep over what I posted earlier because whether you were referencing a joke to him or not its a public forum, enlighten us a bit and dont make a stand alone comment disrespecting a Noob ride of all things about speed.

I'll get off my soap box, you start keyboard ninja-ing every post you make and there will be less talking and laughing behind your back.
I doubt you'll ever get off your soap box.

Your comments have all been unnecessary. Mine was just a simple joke. You took it far too seriously.

Keyboard-ninja-ing? Cool You can use internet lingo that doesn't pertain.

I removed my post because it was a public diss back to you. I decided to do you the honor of not posting it publicly.
Old 01-25-2010, 10:48 AM   #205
Snow
Can I kick it?

Bike(s):
Sick 7-5

Here is the original post:

LOL... come on Cali/Ajflo.

Everyone has gotta assume the worst I guess.

Me and Baditalian just tease eachother. A little sv650 vs ninja 650 rivalry. I would have said the exact same thing in person.

I met baditialian at the Motorcycles Unlimited maintenance class and we rode each other's bikes.

How long is it gonna take you guys to figure out that I know I am a noob and I like to joke around?!

Does it have to be all serious all the time, or are we allowed to be friends?

Just wondering.

Cuz cali, that is the second time you have taken me WAAAAY too seriously... and came off as quite the hole. As far as "road memorization" goes. I ride other roads. To be honest, you have ridden 3090 way more than me and I am sure you have it "memorized" better than me.

You guys are smart, and are hella good riders wit tons of great info. But ... ****ing hole sometimes over the dumbest of .
Old 01-25-2010, 10:50 AM   #206
Duci22
Yippie Ki Yay

Bike(s):
08 1000RR
10 370z

Snow, Do you have rider meetings or discussions on how you are going to ride, pace, skill level, what to do or not to do? a couple of the riders that were in your group looked to be a little out of their comfort zone. Crossing double yellows in a turn, going wide in a turn and almost going off the road several times and speeding up in the straights when a ride is coming up to pass.

It's even more important to have these discussions when you have noob riders in your group.
Duci22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 10:52 AM   #207
AJFLo

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
K7 GSXR 600
06 Honda 50

made me lagh
I知 really happy for you and I知 going to let you finish but AJFlo is one of the baddest mother fockers of all time!!!
AJFLo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 10:53 AM   #208
AJFLo

Bike(s):
K7 GSXR 600
06 Honda 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duci22 View Post
Snow, Do you have rider meetings or discussions on how you are going to ride, pace, skill level, what to do or not to do? a couple of the riders that were in your group looked to be a little out of their comfort zone. Crossing double yellows in a turn, going wide in a turn and almost going off the road several times and speeding up in the straights when a ride is coming up to pass.

It's even more important to have these discussions when you have noob riders in your group.
You can preach and instruct till your blue in the face, but it comes down to the individual rider themselves. They are the ones riding your bike.
I知 really happy for you and I知 going to let you finish but AJFlo is one of the baddest mother fockers of all time!!!
Old 01-25-2010, 10:55 AM   #209
hotcknstrips
Bevo's royal guard.

Bike(s):
09 Buell 1125CR

Snow, just join us on a ride or just a get together like HAK and you and Cali can smooth things over, there's nothing to it.

Quote:
Mucus Membrane!
Old 01-25-2010, 10:57 AM   #210
AJFLo

Bike(s):
K7 GSXR 600
06 Honda 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotcknstrips View Post
Snow, just join us on a ride or just a get together like HAK and you and Cali can smooth things over, there's nothing to it.
Youre probably right. I've met Cali a couple of times before. He's a pretty cool dude, but on the Internet.... I dunno if its big enough for the ego
Old 01-25-2010, 11:05 AM   #211
Snow
Can I kick it?

Bike(s):
Sick 7-5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duci22 View Post

Yes, I actually did speech them for a good 30 minutes before we left Huntsville. The green zx6rr ran off the road and so did the black 650r.

I warned them over and over... only so much I can do. I warned them right when we met up, and again at the Anderson gas station.

I offered a meet up to cali in my PM to him and he stuffed it in my face.
Old 01-25-2010, 11:10 AM   #212
hotcknstrips
Bevo's royal guard.

Bike(s):
09 Buell 1125CR

Just drop it then, I actually enjoy the normalcy now that Grampers is away, we don't need more senseless drama. At least not right now.

Quote:
Mucus Membrane!
Old 01-25-2010, 11:14 AM   #213
*Thumper*

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
08' Suzuki GSX-R600 Garage Ornament

Drama...better than daytime TV I tell ya!
Old 01-25-2010, 11:15 AM   #214
AJFLo

Bike(s):
K7 GSXR 600
06 Honda 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow View Post
Yes, I actually did speech them for a good 30 minutes before we left Huntsville. The green zx6rr ran off the road and so did the black 650r.

I warned them over and over... only so much I can do. I warned them right when we met up, and again at the Anderson gas station.

I offered a meet up to cali in my PM to him and he stuffed it in my face.
I thought he was "ohh such a nice guy"
Old 01-25-2010, 11:25 AM   #215
CaligoneTx
Forest Gnome Tour Guide

Bike(s):
Triumph 675r
Ducati 748
Hyosungs (250r + 650r)
Honda 900rr

What meet up?

I didnt read that.

Honestly Snow, I dont have anything against you and as mentioned I've been giggling since I was texted this morning by others laughing over it.

Think of me as you will, we arent friends but we speak through internet chat. I dont know you well enough to call you a friend TBH. So if you're butthurt over my posts or Im not giving you enough/too much attention I cant help you out there.

If you'd like to ride with us, by all means come. I can give you an outline for a good preride meeting and also show you how to control large groups using speed and appointing leaders to help people and slow them down so they dont go off.

You've canceled on 4 or 5 of our rides do to size, which I understand but we also dont run large groups together on the twistier roads. We rode w you once, Im sorry if we never really talked; it was your ride that we ended up taking over because 14 came with me and none of your guys showed up. If that's one of the factors that's upsetting you about me, I appologize. You stood by yourself instead of saying hi and when WE were ready to ride, you said you didnt care who led.

If you need to meet in person and talk, I dont have a problem with that outside of schedule. This week Im helping a member fix his electrical afterwork, have another member to move and Im babysitting for my sister another night. This weekend Im busy w work, family Saturday night then church and starting a new church/singles even in the evening. So this azzhole is pretty busy. Another time would be good for me.
Old 01-25-2010, 11:25 AM   #216
ThomasNinja650
SSG Coleman

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
2007 Kawasaki Ninja 650-R

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Thumper* View Post
Drama...better than daytime TV I tell ya!
Old 01-25-2010, 11:38 AM   #217
cdill35

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
2014 Phoenix 921 Pro XP w/ Merc 250 ProXS
11 Yam Zuma 125
Specialized Stumpy

There is only one noob ride/forest route leader on MH and it's Cali. The sooner everyone figures that out, the more peace you'll find.

Almost every forest ride posted, leaving from 242/45, by any "newer" MH member gets taken over.

Not saying that's a bad thing or good thing...just truthful.
cdill35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 11:44 AM   #218
Snow
Can I kick it?

Bike(s):
Sick 7-5

Cdill - This isn't about cali taking over my ride... lol. My group stuck with me.

Cali - I have not canceled 4 out 5 rides... nice pulled statistic outta no where. I chose to not ride with you guys because I wasn't going to stop for food and half of my group was new to 3090, so I thought it would be better to have my 5 people stick together.

You got friends on your side. You also have just as many people who actually don't like you. As surprised as that might make you.

That's the last I have to say about this. Cali, deflate your ego a bit. I'll stop being playful with people here.
Old 01-25-2010, 12:33 PM   #219
CaligoneTx
Forest Gnome Tour Guide

Bike(s):
Triumph 675r
Ducati 748
Hyosungs (250r + 650r)
Honda 900rr

lol. Check the last few forest rides, you've canceled from our group and rode your own. So you havent made the rides we put on.

We purchased a hooked on phonics for my sister's baby but you're welcome to borrow it.

As for the ego thing, whatever you prefer. Im definitely not one of the fastest riders out there, never claim to be. I dont ride over 80 on the highway and if my forest rides are too slow for people, they can pass me and ride their own ride. But, you've never been on one of our rides other then meeting us in the forest; so again, your perspective is skewed. Something must be bringing the hundreds of people a year to want to come on these Forest Gnome rides. Again, I have very few people I'll call friends on here even though I chat/ride w around 200 on here regularly. Why do I say that? I dont know them outside of this site/casual speech. I bet I do rub several the wrong way. If you dont, then you're not making waves and providing anything to the community other then stolen bandwidth.

So I guess I cant convince you to come over on a cold night for home made smores, a romantic movie and a nightcap?
Old 01-25-2010, 12:35 PM   #220
CaligoneTx
Forest Gnome Tour Guide

Bike(s):
Triumph 675r
Ducati 748
Hyosungs (250r + 650r)
Honda 900rr