MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Technical > How To's and Q & A's
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 01-19-2010, 04:25 PM   #21
Moc05
Safety Third

Feedback Rating: (10)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2007 ZZR600(Sold)
2008 ZX-10R(Stolen)
2014 Honda Grom

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to Moc05 Send a message via Yahoo to Moc05
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeburt1 View Post
Tell him not to waste his money, it'll just happen again when the "I want a bike, that would be cool " wears off.
He rode the out of it while he did ride, had full leathers, boots, etc. but he said he got tired of people almost running him off the road and what not. We'll see what happens.
Moc05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ohlins video, last years and this years model... Solracer General Discussion (Moto Related) 6 09-24-2014 09:46 PM
Anyone sitting near here?? ducwife75 General Discussion (Moto Related) 22 04-20-2013 10:20 PM
Who's got a 00-03 GSXR Crank sitting around? Slowkat General Discussion (Moto Related) 1 08-27-2008 10:28 AM
Sitting on the tank....???? Zapata Stunters Lounge 12 07-01-2005 03:14 PM
Advertisement
Old 01-19-2010, 05:23 PM   #22
bumblebee
Yeah I'm flippin' YOU off

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
'74 Suzuki GT380
'82 XS650 StreetTracker
'10 Ducati Streetfighter
'83 Yamaha Seca 900

It's weird.
I been riding since 1980 and I never have had a problem with people trying to run me off the road. I always assumed it was an excuse not to ride. That way a person doesn't have to admit they got scared or just lost interest.
Riding bikes is cool but being scared or not really being interested is not cool.

Your friend should sell his bike. He isn't smart enough to own it. If he was he would not have left a nearly new bike outside unattended for 2 years while people offered to keep it in their garage for free.
Bevo- "I lack skillz"
bumblebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 02:04 AM   #23
joeburt1
JoeJoe the dancing monkey

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

1976 Yamaha chappy
TL 1000S

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebee View Post
It's weird.
I been riding since 1980 and I never have had a problem with people trying to run me off the road. I always assumed it was an excuse not to ride. That way a person doesn't have to admit they got scared or just lost interest.
Riding bikes is cool but being scared or not really being interested is not cool.

Your friend should sell his bike. He isn't smart enough to own it. If he was he would not have left a nearly new bike outside unattended for 2 years while people offered to keep it in their garage for free.

25+ years of riding all over, never the target of other drivers. I average ~15k
a year and no one tries to run me over..I agree with Bumblebee. It's better to lose intrest than your life, bikes aren't for everyone..
joeburt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 02:36 PM   #24
bradtx

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
1998 Triumph T595

With the humidity and condensation around here that bike can be a train wreck by now. If it were mine and before trying to start the engine; tires, chain/sprockets, battery and all fluids...to begin with. I'd pull the camcover to be sure there were no rust inside and with the plugs out, fog the cylinders with WD40 and rotate the crank with the rear wheel at first, then the starter to build oil pressure.

BTW, I don't think anyone's ever tried to run over me in 30+ years, but I've been encroached upon a couple of times in the beginning. Just have to learn how to keep yourself visible.

Brad
Old 01-20-2010, 02:50 PM   #25
Bean
you like apples?

Bike(s):
K3 GSXR 600

Sea Foam FTW
Bean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 02:16 AM   #26
gsxr'stunna

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
01 f4i stunt
07 gsxr600 stunt
2003 rc51

Member Garage

i couldnt imagine parking a perfectly running 07 gixxer for 2 years. some people just dont appreciate motorycycles
gsxr'stunna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 12:38 PM   #27
The Trav
slowpoke

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsxr'stunna View Post
i couldnt imagine parking a perfectly running 07 gixxer for 2 years. some people just dont appreciate motorycycles
x2
my thoughts exactly
I will not allow myself the weakness to lay aside responsibility of my actions to a higher power and write that weakness off as destiny. Vigilance, intelligence and discipline keep us alive out there.
-kib
Rest In Peace Chris Owens aka faster321, you will be missed...
The Trav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 10:22 AM   #28
Azylum
The Chosen One

Feedback Rating: (23)

Trackdays: 2

wow.
Old 01-31-2010, 10:33 AM   #29
TeleRomeo
Wide Freaking Open!

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
2006 ZX-6R Track
Cr125 Braaap

Mine sat for four years after I was rear ended ... It had a full Tank of gas when I parked it in a shelter outside my home. All I had to do was change the oil and coolant. I also replaced the chain and battery. It started right up and ran it till the old gas drained down and there I went.

Mine had 1500 miles at the time. How many miles does his have?
Old 01-31-2010, 01:10 PM   #30
bumblebee
Yeah I'm flippin' YOU off

Bike(s):
'74 Suzuki GT380
'82 XS650 StreetTracker
'10 Ducati Streetfighter
'83 Yamaha Seca 900

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeleRomeo View Post
Mine sat for four years after I was rear ended ... It had a full Tank of gas when I parked it in a shelter outside my home. All I had to do was change the oil and coolant. I also replaced the chain and battery. It started right up and ran it till the old gas drained down and there I went.

Mine had 1500 miles at the time. How many miles does his have?
How long ago was this?
I'm betting it was a few years ago because I don't think todays gas would hold up that well.

A little comment about a previous post where somebody said bikes aren't for everyone;
Like most of us I get asked from time to time whether or not I think somebody should get into riding. I always answer, "No".
We all know riding motorcycles is inherently more dangerous than driving a car. There are skills that need to be learned, practiced and improved constantly.
It's not a thing that should be taken lightly or performed causually. My belief is that, if it's not a passion that is in you, if being on or around bikes is not a desire that burns your insides, then you shouldn't do it. Walk away and go find another thing to do.
If on the other hand you feel what I'm talking about, then me saying not to will not deter you very long.

Any guy that will park a late model sportbike outside until it is roached; does NOT feel it.
Bevo- "I lack skillz"
bumblebee is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement