MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 07-25-2013, 11:35 PM   #61
ZXALAN
UR NXT

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2000 Turbo-Hayabusa
2013 BMW S1000RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slash24 View Post
Hi Warren. Yeah my mother still lives over there as well. I wore that bike out on one wheel. Your house was the starting point to full throttle down Carby haha. Don't know if you remember the 78 TransAm that Jaime/Scott Owens had. I own it (for 16 years) but now it has 851hp on motor with 1250hp with the nitrous and still a street car . Still work in the A/C business.
Ironically, I also had a 78 Trans Am back all thru the 90s I street raced.. Owned it 8 years and finally sold it in 2000 after I got so ate up with bikes.. Played with bikes for 10 years or so and then got back into cars as well... I have a couple Vettes now I cruise/race... And now back into bikes again..

Funny how everything comes around full circle as years go by.. I rode a lot more reckless on the street back then... I still do some fast riding out in "Mexico" but ride normal around town...

Not like the old days of street racing on Fondren or Westhiemer at 10 pm on a fri/sat night...

319hp@14lbs(pump gas), 435hp@29lbs(race gas)
Texas Mile Mar 09, 225.906mph, 8.82@168.43 w/1.63 60'-14.5lbs
ZXALAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Media myth busted Bevo Off Topic 19 03-13-2014 11:34 AM
Is this myth busted? miguel!! Off Topic 3 12-07-2011 05:10 PM
Did you know... Protien is a MYTH? Petro Health and Fitness 23 01-19-2011 12:07 AM
Myth or Fact? AYEELE General Discussion (Moto Related) 50 10-08-2010 03:42 PM
Advertisement
Old 07-26-2013, 07:05 AM   #62
ZXALAN
UR NXT

Bike(s):
2000 Turbo-Hayabusa
2013 BMW S1000RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAU-8 View Post
I remember george M. He later got the corvette, and had the 93' CBR 900 rr, always wearing the "musuem of flight" shirt. French guy named robert (i think) with the FZR 1000.

of course ZX allen is here. Wez, and brother Laman , Sean vitelli with the thrashed old red katana. Some of the "10-west" guys as well....quite a few I remember. I got tons of pics somewhere. I may post eventually.

Tony Rodeo... THAT was the guy I used to ride with back then.... His name just came to my mind during the night..

I remember one time, he had a broken arm, was riding in a full cast, riding wheelies on an R6 on the side of cherry hill in Galveston, yes, wheelie on the banked slope, with a cast on.... LOL

319hp@14lbs(pump gas), 435hp@29lbs(race gas)
Texas Mile Mar 09, 225.906mph, 8.82@168.43 w/1.63 60'-14.5lbs
ZXALAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 10:31 AM   #63
Texmex1
Bzzzzzzzzz

Feedback Rating: (0)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
`
03 Ruckus
77 MT125R
89 GB500
2015 Xbox One

Quote:
What do you mean by honor?

Neon Rome does not ring a bell. In the very beginning George was the one passing out the 911 stickers, he also had a Porsche 911 at the time, guys I remember from the start right off of the top of my head George,Kano, Mike, Mike D, Larry, Stephan. I have some old pictures some where. I quit riding once I got shot back in 91 while on my ZX-7. Was a victim of a carjacking but I was on my bike.
Where do you think George got the stickers from? (me)

Barry's Pizza, then off to ride into the wee hours, then breakfast @ JoJos on Richmond...Good times!
Texmex1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 11:02 AM   #64
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

Tony rodeo worked at Stubbs Sw recently

Seen George at cars and coffee s few months ago, dunno how he recognized me after? easily 7-8yrs of nit seeing him. And we weren't like buddy buddy or anything
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 12:19 PM   #65
GAU-8
official thread ender.

Trackdays: 1

I remember a lot of names, and a lot of faces....just not the faces to the names.. lol

Anyone remember Ernest Pillow? got in an accident, and after his settlment bought the same year model FZR 1000, AND 600? ( about all I remember of him)

Jimmy, and Dolly Wyble... i think

Paco (made leathers for a bit..)

I remember a kid with an F2, and had it painted with a huge fireball down the side of it. Thinkin his name was Chris. (???)

Officer Spillars. Always makin the overtime money at Coney Island. lol he was cool.
GAU-8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 03:05 PM   #66
albertinhouston

Feedback Rating: (2)

Quote:
I ran across this old thread since i was searching for any old 911 Club guys. The 9 minutes around 610 is a total myth. Funny thing is I heard a coworker talking about the 610 record time and the legendary 911 club last week. I started cracking up since I'm one of those legends. Texmex was correct about it starting as a joke. The cops took it differently though.

I was one of the OG's in the club. In a 3 year period I accumulated 67 tickets on my bikes and even got 11 at one time. Lucky I did not get killed. We did the 610 race track several times but it was not in 9 minutes. I don't remember exactly how quick but we did it a lot.

Back then I had a 88 FZ600 then went to a 90 ZX-7. Still hang around with one of the other OG's but lost track of the others. Any of them still around? If so look me up.

Byrd
what a you used to be back then.... don't even lie about the the FZ and Zx7. You should really talk about how you were a trend setter in HS sporting the YSR's. lol.

What up Byrd.... What ever this guy says he did back then he did....

I quit riding once I got shot back in 91 while on my ZX-7. Was a victim of a carjacking but I was on my bike.

I say taking a bullit and still drive off on your bike is good enough.

911 club was just a group of guys that hung out on richmond in the early 90's fortunatelly for me i'm came in as the gaywads were dying off. lol.

good seing you around Byrd.
albertinhouston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 03:53 PM   #67
Hail
Middle Aged Crazy Member

Feedback Rating: (7)

Bike(s):
2013 Triumph Speed Triple R
2012 DR-Z 400S

I rode with the 911 group in the early 90's (91 or 92) for one night. They were playing tag. How do they tag each other? They would try to hit each others kill switch. If they killed your engine you were it.
Hail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 05:56 PM   #68
GAU-8
official thread ender.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hail View Post
They would try to hit each others kill switch. If they killed your engine you were it.

I forgot about that .

There was a time someone (in our group) adjusted everyones aftermarket steering damper to stiffest setting, and straightened the front wheels. About 10 of us started to leave the parking lot..and we all near fell over in unison, lining up to leave JCI.

Or putting baby powder in other mates helmets, and see it shoot out in a huge cloud, when it was put on.

We did a lot of stupid . Glad those days are over, before it got worse.
Old 07-26-2013, 06:08 PM   #69
bryan954
blank

Bike(s):
DRZ400SM
KTM 1290 Duke
crf 50

Quote:
Or putting baby powder in other mates helmets, and see it shoot out in a huge cloud, when it was put on.
bryan954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 08:31 AM   #70
albertinhouston

Feedback Rating: (2)

Quote:
I Or putting baby powder in other mates helmets,
Hardly anybody back then said mates. Only one English guy back then. I think the name was David and drove an RZ 350.???? This u???
albertinhouston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 09:52 AM   #71
Slash24
Hotrodder

Bike(s):
07' ZX-10r

Quote:
Originally Posted by albertinhouston View Post
what a you used to be back then.... don't even lie about the the FZ and Zx7. You should really talk about how you were a trend setter in HS sporting the YSR's. lol.

What up Byrd.... What ever this guy says he did back then he did....

I quit riding once I got shot back in 91 while on my ZX-7. Was a victim of a carjacking but I was on my bike.

I say taking a bullit and still drive off on your bike is good enough.

911 club was just a group of guys that hung out on richmond in the early 90's fortunatelly for me i'm came in as the gaywads were dying off. lol.

good seing you around Byrd.

YSR50 LMAO I would be on the FZ600 and have about 6 YSR50's around me. Looked like a momma duck with her ducklings. Good hearing from you Albert.

Texmex I never knew wear he got those stickers. I think they were bad luck. For some reason they attracted the police

Those kill switch games sucked. I was never good at it. Can't remember who it was but they killed my bike and took my key and left me. Middle of Westheimer had to push my bike across 3 lanes, cop pulls up, asks what's wrong, told him key was taken, just laughed at me a drove off.
Slash24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 09:37 PM   #72
GAU-8
official thread ender.

Quote:
Originally Posted by albertinhouston View Post
Hardly anybody back then said mates. Only one English guy back then. I think the name was David and drove an RZ 350.???? This u???

(thread from the dead) :P

No, wasn't me. I used brit words from time to time, because of Performance Bikes magazine.

I was forever....THE Seca II guy. "Christian! Christian! Christian! ANOTHER loser on a SECA II pulled up! (or ninja 500, or GS500e) go defend your seca II crown!"

Old 05-24-2015, 12:00 AM   #73
Adamrides

i've heard of people doing it in 13mins the 610 loop, idk about the bw8
Adamrides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 12:05 AM   #74
pinball
I got slow

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 2

Big dirt bike (sold)
2003 Honda Sabre (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamrides View Post
i've heard of people doing it in 13mins the 610 loop, idk about the bw8
Yeah...no. That's a 175mph average. 20 minute mark is doable, though.

edit:

610 is 38 miles. BW8 is 70.

Last edited by pinball; 05-24-2015 at 12:08 AM.
pinball is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 11:36 AM   #75
Miloman

Bike(s):
Honda 50
Bugatti veyron ss (sold)
Dodge Tomahawk (sold)
Ducati desmosedici RR (sold)
MTT turbine bike (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZXALAN View Post
Tony Rodeo... THAT was the guy I used to ride with back then.... His name just came to my mind during the night..

I remember one time, he had a broken arm, was riding in a full cast, riding wheelies on an R6 on the side of cherry hill in Galveston, yes, wheelie on the banked slope, with a cast on.... LOL
Did everyone in that bunch have a nickname?!? Rodeo, big Kenny, stinky mark, england, crazy Chris, jasp, lee, sure I'm forgetting a few lol. many nights started in willobrook to Starbucks to asi then around 610 wide open back to asi. I was on a bike covered in orange and pink fur back then lol. Remember the same 5-6 little bike ! Every wednesday they would be on a different bike/bed lol. I feel old now
Miloman is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement