Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 01-11-2010, 05:57 PM   #21
gsxr_firerider
you lite em, we fight em

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
07 gsxr 600- sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helios View Post
Suit being a smart little and let the man ask a question. Many many people on here have been through the same and have suggestions. I went through a similar situation about a month ago and i can honestly say that everytime i see a cop that freaks me out. I'm walking home as i type this picking my up from the cleaners cause i dont wanna risk getting pulled over.
well, then you sir, are a pansy. its not like the guy got beat like rodney king. and it wouldve never happened if he wouldve taken care of it on time to begin with. now he wants to sue, which cost tax dollars. then when he probably wins for the emotional distress he was caused, and gets untold amounts of money (more tax money) im gonna be pretty . thats why this country is goin down the crapper
gsxr_firerider is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Legal question Kaitlin Fresnel Phan Attorney At Law 7 06-15-2013 01:26 PM
Legal question 06fairedfz1 Off Topic 26 11-04-2011 09:15 PM
Legal Question DvlRacer Off Topic 8 03-17-2008 11:52 AM
legal question yamaR6281 General Discussion (Moto Related) 48 11-06-2007 09:46 PM
Legal Question. S_M_J82 Off Topic 8 08-22-2007 11:53 AM
Advertisement
Old 01-11-2010, 05:58 PM   #22
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

Send a message via AIM to dbuck
Quote:
Originally Posted by slyslickdick View Post
I guess all of you homeys find it funny to sit in a cell stripped of your dignity. Easy to say when you haventy been there. Whos going to pay for the retainer to expunge the record?? Those of you who havent been there and making idiotic comments are typical of this site..alot of hot air and no depth
come on dude....your dignity over an "unpaid traffic ticket"?

i've been there. why are my comments idiotic?

I think you have every right to be upset. I think you have every right to try and get it expunged at their expense.

In all seriousness, 16.25 hours in the pokey may earn you a couple hundred bucks....definitely worth contacting an attorney.
dbuck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 06:00 PM   #23
lil_red_rider
Track Photographer

Feedback Rating: (0)

Send a message via MSN to lil_red_rider Send a message via Yahoo to lil_red_rider
In this case you can sue them for negligence…whether or not it will be worth the hassle is up to you and your pocket book. Do you have a receipt of said paid ticket or does the county that the warrant was in have documentation of the payment? Without those you are fighting a losing battle and the courts will have you pay again. If you do have documentation of the payment to the courts then yes you can file to have the arrest taken off your record.

For those who don’t know what an Expungement is here is a Wikipedia lesson for the day:

In the common law legal system, an expungement proceeding is a type of lawsuit in which a first time offender of a prior criminal conviction seeks that the records of that earlier process be sealed, thereby making the records unavailable through the state or Federal repositories. If successful, the records are said to be "expunged". Black's Law Dictionary defines "expungement of record" as the "Process by which record of criminal conviction is destroyed or sealed from the state of Federal repository."[1] While expungement deals with an underlying criminal record, it is a civil action in which the subject is the petitioner or plaintiff asking a court to declare that the records be expunged.
A very real distinction exists between an expungement and a pardon. When an expungement is granted, the person whose record is expunged may, for most purposes, treat the event as if it never occurred. A pardon (also called “executive clemency”), on the other hand, does not “erase” the event. Rather, it constitutes forgiveness. In the United States, an expungement can be granted only by a judge, while a pardon can be granted only by a governor (for state law offenses) or the President (for federal offenses). In Nebraska pardons are by vote of the governor, attorney general and secretary of state.
Each jurisdiction whose law allows expungement has its own definitions of expungement proceedings. Generally, expungement is the process to "remove from general review" the records pertaining to a case. In many jurisdictions, however, the records may not completely "disappear" and may still be available to law enforcement, to sentencing judges on subsequent offenses, and to corrections facilities to which the individual may be sentenced on subsequent convictions.
Old 01-11-2010, 06:00 PM   #24
CaligoneTx
Forest Gnome Tour Guide

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
Triumph 675r
Ducati 748
Hyosungs (250r + 650r)
Honda 900rr
Suzuki Busa1300r (+2 bikes)

Send a message via AIM to CaligoneTx Send a message via Yahoo to CaligoneTx
Hey Richard...

Sorry to hear. But ask this gentleman; its what he's on here for.

PM him your number or email him directly if you dont want to repeat this thread. He is out of country tomorrow... Do it quickly.

GL

http://www.motohouston.com/forums/fo...play.php?f=219
Old 01-11-2010, 06:00 PM   #25
DvlRacer
cerca trova

Feedback Rating: (52)

Member Garage

Scared to leave your house, you poor thing!
DvlRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 06:00 PM   #26
gsxr_firerider
you lite em, we fight em

Bike(s):
07 gsxr 600- sold

ive been there jack. for the same reason too, an error in the system. so like i said i feel for ya on that aspect
Old 01-11-2010, 06:00 PM   #27
slyslickdick
Dont like me? Kill urself

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
Kawasaki ZX12R
Suzuki GSXR 1000
85 FLXR

Send a message via Yahoo to slyslickdick
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsxr_firerider View Post
well, then you sir, are a pansy. its not like the guy got beat like rodney king. and it wouldve never happened if he wouldve taken care of it on time to begin with. now he wants to sue, which cost tax dollars. then when he probably wins for the emotional distress he was caused, and gets untold amounts of money (more tax money) im gonna be pretty . thats why this country is goin down the crapper
You are tough now, but you probably one of those who crys like a when there handcuffing you asking for your momma
Old 01-11-2010, 06:04 PM   #28
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

You guys know how many times I've lost an opportunity at a job offer 'cause I was arrested on a traffic warrant?

ok, my day is over....carry on.

not to mention it was oak ridge....i don't care who you are....you give them reason, they're bringing you in.
Old 01-11-2010, 06:07 PM   #29
slyslickdick

Bike(s):
Kawasaki ZX12R
Suzuki GSXR 1000
85 FLXR

Quote:
Originally Posted by DvlRacer View Post
Scared to leave your house, you poor thing!
you back from the valley??
Old 01-11-2010, 06:07 PM   #30
slyslickdick

Bike(s):
Kawasaki ZX12R
Suzuki GSXR 1000
85 FLXR

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaligoneTx View Post
Hey Richard...

Sorry to hear. But ask this gentleman; its what he's on here for.

PM him your number or email him directly if you dont want to repeat this thread. He is out of country tomorrow... Do it quickly.

GL

http://www.motohouston.com/forums/fo...play.php?f=219
Thanks Cali. Called but they were closed.
Old 01-11-2010, 06:09 PM   #31
slyslickdick

Bike(s):
Kawasaki ZX12R
Suzuki GSXR 1000
85 FLXR

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbuck View Post
come on dude....your dignity over an "unpaid traffic ticket"?

i've been there. why are my comments idiotic?

I think you have every right to be upset. I think you have every right to try and get it expunged at their expense.

In all seriousness, 16.25 hours in the pokey may earn you a couple hundred bucks....definitely worth contacting an attorney.
Not looking to score just getting the expense to expunge and the cost of the 300 for tow and storage
Old 01-11-2010, 06:14 PM   #32
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by slyslickdick View Post
Not looking to score just getting the expense to expunge and the cost of the 300 for tow and storage
my apologies then, but the way your first post came across....it seemed you had found a get rich quick scheme. Honestly though, I don't know what I'd about an attorney.

If you have proper docs (showing you paid said warrant) way back when, it should be cut and dry. I would contact the DA, if they give you , buck up....until then, I think hiring a lawyer would cost you more than $300 impound/towing fees + the cost to be expunged...

but like i said, if you have proper docs, this should be cut/dry.
Old 01-11-2010, 06:33 PM   #33
KEITH HUBBARD
JOKERMAN

Bike(s):
1300 V STAR YAMAHA
KZ 650 KAWASAKI
HONDA CB 550
TS125 SUZUKI
HARLEY DAVIDSON 50

Man , that truly sucks.
Things are crazy right now it seems.
Best to keep all your records filed when it comes to tickets & such.
I had it happened to me once , a ticket i paid & a year later I got a call saying it was outstanding.
Glad I still had the money order reciept.
Old 01-11-2010, 06:52 PM   #34
Pyrogenic
Annuit Coeptis Celeritas

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
2001 FZ1

Member Garage

Quote:
You guys know how many times I've lost an opportunity at a job offer 'cause I was arrested on a traffic warrant?
.... you've been arrested many times on traffic warrants???

I feel so virgin, never having been arrested in my life...

For those of us who DON"T get arrested all the time, losing your freedom is not something to look forward to, and should be compensated when it is due to official mistakes. You can bet if YOU make the mistake, you get penalized for it. Ever have a late fee attached to a parking violation?

C'mon, turn-about's fair play in my book. They arrest you and book you because they don't have updated records, I can understand the mistake, but they have to pay. Court fees, Expungement, Punitive, impound, all of it! That's the liability they have, and that's fair-play.

You can't be angry at the cop, the records determine what he's required to do - he just can't take your word on it... but the mistake is theirs, and you deserve recuperation. Remember how much time it has and will take for you to deal with this.

ok - otherwise - lesson for everyone else - pay your fines... geez!

Pyrogenic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 06:57 PM   #35
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrogenic View Post

been arrested twice....

puclic intox (which I was not, but unhappily paid my and went on my way)

smoking herb and possession...for that I was guilty.

dudes, I agree he should fight to get his case expunged, impound fees, or whatever....

what I was originally implying, I don't think you've won the lotto here. I'm sure mistakes in the judicial system happen all the time. I guarantee this is not the first time it has happened, and certainly won't be the last.
Old 01-11-2010, 06:59 PM   #36
gsxr_firerider
you lite em, we fight em

Bike(s):
07 gsxr 600- sold

i agree he should get his money back for the tow, and have it taken off his record and not be out of pocket any legal fees. but nothing else. yea it was a mistake on their part, but his as well, for not taking care of it on time in the first place.
Old 01-11-2010, 07:00 PM   #37
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrogenic View Post

I feel so virgin, never having been arrested in my life...

For those of us who DON"T get arrested all the time, losing your freedom is not something to look forward to, and should be compensated when it is due to official mistakes. You can bet if YOU make the mistake, you get penalized for it. Ever have a late fee attached to a parking violation?
C'mon, turn-about's fair play in my book. They arrest you and book you because they don't have updated records, I can understand the mistake, but they have to pay. Court fees, Expungement, Punitive, impound, all of it! That's the liability they have, and that's fair-play.

You can't be angry at the cop, the records determine what he's required to do - he just can't take your word on it... but the mistake is theirs, and you deserve recuperation. Remember how much time it has and will take for you to deal with this.

ok - otherwise - lesson for everyone else - pay your fines... geez!
I'll play along....he had a warrant issued for not taking care of his original fine & court date. We'll call his time served a late fee? J/K!

Good luck bud! Let us know how it turns out.
Old 01-11-2010, 08:54 PM   #38
Helios
Back again again...

Feedback Rating: (9)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
06 Silver Gixxer

Member Garage

Quote:
I sense sarcasm.
Not really. The state trooper that pulled me over lives in the same apt complex that I do. My license is revoked due to a Kentucky ticket I had not paid cause I forgot about it. Everytime I pull out of there it's another chance for him to to nab me. Fck that, I'm driving as little as possible. I've since paid the ticket and have sent off for my license to be reinstated, should be a done deal any day now. Till then I can honestly say that whenever I get out on the road my fcking nerves are frazzled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsxr_firerider View Post
Maybe I am a pansy, but that's hardly the issue here is it? Nobobdy said anything about Rodney King, nice try to make it look like he's exaggerating. The guy screwed up, then got it taken care of, gets pulled over and wrongly arrested. So what you're saying is that when we fck up, it's our fault and we need to pay the consequences, but when the law system fcks up, it's cool and we should give them a high-five?

No one's interested in the size of your nuts or where you consider me or the OP on the "pansy" scale. The dude was wrongly arrested. If the law allows for him to be taken to the slammer cause "it is what it is", then the same law should dictate what he's due for when the cops fcked up.

It is what it is.

Bottom line is just let the dude have his thread.
Helios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 10:49 PM   #39
69z28lt1

Feedback Rating: (1)

throw the red flag. Unless people complain, nothing will change.

The court system for traffic tickets is one of the biggest jokes and scams there is. Nothing stops an officer from writting you a complete BS ticket.
Old 01-11-2010, 11:02 PM   #40
cedestech

Feedback Rating: (12)

Oakridge North is on 13 news right now!
cedestech is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement