MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Closed Thread
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-15-2006, 01:56 PM   #21
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):

I hope not. What a cuttie!

Open your eyes and reclaim the freedom you were born with. - Moody
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Divorce/child custody lawyer cuong-nutz Off Topic 17 04-03-2015 04:20 PM
Custody Battle Phydeaux Off Topic 13 02-27-2015 06:31 PM
Advertisement
Old 05-15-2006, 01:57 PM   #22
ArturoC
51% Geek, 49% SuperHero

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
'99 GSXR600
'04 NSR 50
'09 Yamaha WR250X
'07 Triumph 675

Member Garage

Send a message via ICQ to ArturoC Send a message via AIM to ArturoC Send a message via Yahoo to ArturoC Send a message via Skype™ to ArturoC
Quote:
Originally Posted by rick
well if she entered the country with no concent,she can take her without any concent.
+1
CMRA [Prov Nov]ice #404
Sponsors: D&D - GoPro - Amsoil
Old 05-15-2006, 01:57 PM   #23
ratmzapa

Member Garage

If this is her...then I pretty much heard everything...

Last edited by ratmzapa; 05-15-2006 at 02:10 PM.

Old 05-15-2006, 01:57 PM   #24
ratmzapa

Member Garage

its called an anchor baby...she automatically can become a citizen

Old 05-15-2006, 02:26 PM   #25
TxVrod

Rick, we just two adopted kids. It involved THREE lawyers (because it was interstate). If you want the name of my lawyer here, PM me. He's good and ALL he does is family law.
Old 05-15-2006, 02:33 PM   #26
DOA
MH's slowest 600hp Busa

Feedback Rating: (15)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArturoC
+1
Not so.
Quote:
Under the laws of the United States and many foreign countries, if there is no decree of custody prior to an abduction, both parents may be considered to have equal legal custody of their child. (IMPORTANT: Even though both parents may have custody of a child, it still may be a crime for one parent to remove the child from the United States against the other parent''s wishes.) If you are contemplating divorce or separation, or are divorced or separated, or even if you were never legally married to the other parent, ask your attorney, as soon as possible, if you should obtain a decree of sole custody or a decree that prohibits the travel of your child without your permission or that of the court. If you have or would prefer to have a joint custody decree, you may want to make certain that it prohibits your child from traveling abroad without your permission or that of the court.
That's direct from the US State Department.
http://travel.state.gov/family/abduc...ntion_560.html

That's intended so that a US parent isn't screwed over by a non-US citizen that runs with a child born in the USA.

-d
Old 05-15-2006, 02:34 PM   #27
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

i think his point was, she came here illegally, whats stopping her from leaving illegally.
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
Old 05-15-2006, 02:35 PM   #28
ratmzapa

Member Garage

True...

Old 05-15-2006, 02:45 PM   #29
DOA
MH's slowest 600hp Busa

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X
i think his point was, she came here illegally, whats stopping her from leaving illegally.
Nothing to stop her from leaving, but if he gets an order filed with the court...let's say tomorrow it will prevent her from getting a passport for the baby to travel and if he can prove to the court that she has nothing to lose by leaving with the baby over the border to unlawfully leave the court's jurisdiction, he could be awarded temporary custody.

After all the that I've been through, I assure you I ALWAYS look at these issues from the dad's point of view and what can be done to enforce his rights.

You'll get nothing by sitting on your hands waiting and hoping for something to happen, ya gotta kick and fight or possibly lose your kid forever. Nothing could be worse for a man that loves and cares for his child. Bad dads are a dime a dozen, child support, not seeing their kids...someone that wants to be a real dad, that's someone I respect as a man.

-d
Old 05-15-2006, 02:45 PM   #30
Buck Nasty
-playboy-

Bike(s):

make sure your relocate once you get custody, i can see your house getting raided scarface style..
Old 05-15-2006, 02:48 PM   #31
ratmzapa

Member Garage

Well being that the baby was born here in the US it is afforded the rights and privileges of a US citizen...the mom however can also can citizenship because of this...its called an Anchor baby...having said that...if she is here illegally you can call INS and they might put the baby in your protective order before an immigration hearing...this being said she can get out of the US with or without a passport for the baby...believe me they wont fly

Old 05-15-2006, 03:00 PM   #32
R6MILF
Banned

Bike(s):
2000 Yami R6/2001 Aprilla RSV /2005 Yami 50

Send a message via AIM to R6MILF Send a message via Yahoo to R6MILF
User is banned

Old 05-15-2006, 03:01 PM   #33
ratmzapa

Member Garage

The attorney general should handle your case.....seems like you need to get on the ball a little more...

Old 05-15-2006, 03:04 PM   #34
R6MILF
Banned

Bike(s):

User is banned

Old 05-15-2006, 03:04 PM   #35
DOA
MH's slowest 600hp Busa

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancinman
The attorney general should handle your case.....seems like you need to get on the ball a little more...
The AG's office won't do in custody cases, that's decided by the family courts with attorney's representing the individuals. BUT, get behind on your child support and the f*ckers will hunt you down like and dog and jail you. When the shoe is on the other foot and the won't let you see your kids, they'll tell you how sorry they are and remind you that you still have to keep up your child support payments.

-d
Old 05-15-2006, 03:06 PM   #36
ratmzapa

Member Garage

Hmmm Attorney generals will when it has to do with immigration...

Old 05-15-2006, 03:09 PM   #37
ratmzapa

Member Garage

And believe me if she hears hes planning on getting the baby the flight risk goes out the roof

Old 05-15-2006, 03:09 PM   #38
R6MILF
Banned

Bike(s):

User is banned

Old 05-15-2006, 03:10 PM   #39
ratmzapa

Member Garage

sounds like something off Maury Povich to me....sick of seeing this ...why dont people act like ****in adults and take care of these responsibilities....its retarded and a waste of time

Old 05-15-2006, 03:14 PM   #40
DOA
MH's slowest 600hp Busa

Quote:
Originally Posted by R6MILF
Ok i have a question then.....I'm in a paternity battle right now with my daughters father.he's contesting the paternity test I paid for and now it's gone the attourny generals office.All I want is my hospital bills paid for and the back child support he's owes me.That and his name on her Birth Certificate.THAT'S IT!!!!
After all that isdone i want him to sign over his rights to me,he's never cared to come see and could give 2 less about her.
I'll be moving soon, so what if he doesn't sign over rights to me???
Who did your paternity testing? (kinda curious)

You should hire an attorney or go to the South Texas College of Law for free legal help to get it done through the family courts here (it's a pain in the to get them to help but that's better than going through the AG and being a file in their stack). That will make it much quicker for you to get the help you're looking for.

Yeah, I jumped the gun...once paternity is established, the AG will make him pay all the way to garnishing his wages to collect medical bills and child support. If you're serious about having him to sign his parental rights away (and he's stupid enough to do it) you won't receive any child support from him (unless the court mandates it anyway) If he doesn't willingly sign over his rights, he will share joint custody of your daughter and once established by the court will have visitation rights whether you like it or not.

The name on the birth certificate doesn't mean anything if one of the parents challenges paternity (as you're doing now). Once paternity is established you're well on your way to getting back your hard earned $$$ from this loser.

You need to keep a date book and write everything down, when he calls/visits, receipts for anything you buy for your baby. Believe me when you go to court it makes a huge difference when you have your sh*t together even if you have an attorney to represent you.

PM me if you need more help, I'll be glad to.

-d
Closed Thread

Advertisement