MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 01-10-2010, 07:58 PM   #1
AFS_Racing
Boost King

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3

Garage Clean-out

I am returning to work, so my time will be somewhat limited due to the type of work that I do. It is a start-up, so it will involve much of my time.

Due to this, I have been clearing out bikes (two 1000s left last week, and a third is expected to go either late this week, or the following). I also have the GSXR750 up for sale as well.

With this recent effort, I have been also clearing out all of the parts (late model GSXR parts). Today I loaded up the back of my truck with all of the scrap parts (a bunch of rims, tanks, aluminum pieces, etc). I will try to take these in the AM to C&D (unless someone on here needs stunt tanks ). I also have several piles of old fairings (mainly '07-'08 GSXR 1000) that I guess I will try to take to recycling, unless someone knows something better to do with them.

The garage is looking so much cleaner and now, I have room for more stuff....
AFS_Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My garage :)) GutoCBR General Discussion (Moto Related) 25 11-03-2012 12:51 AM
My Garage bubby General Discussion (Moto Related) 33 12-17-2008 12:48 PM
What a garage should look like . . . . . . . Challen General Discussion (Moto Related) 42 05-05-2008 11:06 AM
Like my garage? Vandals General Discussion (Moto Related) 22 02-11-2007 05:11 PM
look at our garage Mrs. ~T~ General Discussion (Moto Related) 49 10-30-2006 03:09 PM
Advertisement
Old 01-11-2010, 09:29 AM   #2
AFS_Racing
Boost King

I just spoke with C&D. They do not take gas tanks (from cars or motorcycles). They will take the other steel items ($0.02/lb) and aluminum items ($0.50/lb). I guess I will make the trip, as I do not feel right placing these parts in the dumpster to go to the local landfill.
Old 01-11-2010, 04:31 PM   #3
AFS_Racing
Boost King

I went to C&D this AM. Interesting place...

I had 55 lbs of aluminum and 100 lbs of steel. It wound up being just shy of $30. They paid me in regular cash and I only got two $2 bills, so I sent the cash back, and asked for more $2 bills. I wanted it to be like in the TV ads. He said no problem and sent the cash in $2. Cool.

And the garage is getting cleaner. Woohoo!
Old 01-11-2010, 05:11 PM   #4
switch
two fifty

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 10+

make it rain with them $2 billzzzz
CMRA #250
"Me? I stand for uncertainty, insecurity, bad taste, fun, and things that go boom in the night."
switch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 06:34 AM   #5
1sickGixxer
if ur not 1st, ur last!!!

Feedback Rating: (1)

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
none currently :-(
13' ZX-14 (R.I.P)
84' H-D potato.potato.(sold)
07' sixxer (R.I.P)

how did gibsons gsxr1000 turn out.
1sickGixxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 03:43 PM   #6
AFS_Racing
Boost King

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1sickGixxer View Post
how did gibsons gsxr1000 turn out.
It has been done for a few weeks now, save for some stickers. The stickers are not on because it has been just too cold. It turned out nice!

Advertisement