MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Technical > How To's and Q & A's
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 01-07-2010, 09:08 PM   #1
streetguy07

Feedback Rating: (0)

Member Garage

hayabusa motorwork

my chain went threw my water pump n it busted my case i bought a new case what is the easiest way to change this out can the motor stay in the bike or does it have to come out if u have any info please let me kno thanks
streetguy07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hayabusa question? Kawafasty General Discussion (Moto Related) 56 02-26-2013 09:42 AM
Hayabusa Big Boy General Discussion (Moto Related) 57 03-20-2009 07:49 PM
How many Hayabusa owners does it take...? NoFear The Circus 24 09-23-2008 04:57 PM
Hayabusa's TeXasGiXXer General Discussion (Moto Related) 73 07-06-2007 10:34 PM
Advertisement
Old 01-07-2010, 09:17 PM   #2
evobusa7
<(<-_->)>

Bike(s):
07 crf 50cc (88cc) stunt

Send a message via Yahoo to evobusa7
Dang, good luck bro I'm sure someone knows around here.....welcome to Mh
Old 01-07-2010, 10:06 PM   #3
Japawhat02
02 Tona

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
2002 Daytona

man i would pull it. I dont know anything about the busa, but it would be a good time to go through it. How many miles on her?
Old 01-07-2010, 10:32 PM   #4
captturbo

Bike(s):
2008 turbo hayabusa

Quote:
man i would pull it. I dont know anything about the busa, but it would be a good time to go through it. How many miles on her?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
good advice
captturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 12:38 AM   #5
__NATE__

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
07 Hayabusa
Honda Crf 450
TTR 90
Yami PW 50

You need to pull the motor... Also do you need someone who can do the job for you.. And I can get you a billet case saver so this don't happen again... Plz pm as I tend to lose topics..
~~When you go into court, you are putting yourself in the hands of 12 people who weren't smart enough to get out of jury duty.~~~THIS IS MY BUSA THEIR ARE MANY LIKE IT BUT THIS IS MINE! WITH OUT MY BUSA I'M A CAGER!~~~
__NATE__ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 08:29 PM   #6
streetguy07

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Japawhat02 View Post
there are 16000 now but i have the new case n i can do the work i jus was wanting to find out if u can do it on the bike or not bc ive never taken out this particular motor
Old 01-08-2010, 08:36 PM   #7
streetguy07

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by __NATE__ View Post
You need to pull the motor... Also do you need someone who can do the job for you.. And I can get you a billet case saver so this don't happen again... Plz pm as I tend to lose topics..
well my dad does motorwork on cars n used to on bikes but hes never messed with a hayabusa n we didnt kno if we could replace the case with the motor in it bc on some bikes you can do that
Old 01-08-2010, 09:18 PM   #8
FLYIN'DUC

Feedback Rating: (7)

Bike(s):
07 Ducati, 99 Busa

Been there done that, U definately have to pull engine, how much other damage, clutch pushrods usually get wacked when this happens and the seal has to come from inside case, U sure the case is trashed? and cant be saved? Not the easiest/cheapiest job, better know what U are doing or U will have problems fosho
FLYIN'DUC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 11:04 PM   #9
mammothmc

Ummm if you're asking this kind of question.....no offense, but you need to put the tools down & step away unless you want to cost yourself a bike.

*for the record I'm several hrs from Houston & not offering my services*

I pretty much build custom hayabusas for a living. I do other bikes too, but mainly busa's I've stretched hundreds of them & seen WAY too many chain break incidents. There is a wide variety of damage that can be done. Most of the time its to the sprocket cover & water pump. If you're really unlucky it you can do damage to the engine cases. If you damage the main body of the cases you're pretty much F'd & you're going to need a pretty serious mechanic & pay a LARGE bill. If you just damaged the small cover that runs behind the sprocket, its a different story. Most guys are going to tell you the motor has to come out. If they do, that just means they havent fixed enough of them to know what they're talking about. I'm not saying that just anybody can fix it in the frame either.... it takes some knowhow & special tools.

Find somebody that knows off the top of their head how to do this & what's required & you'll save some headache & cash.

Last edited by mammothmc; 01-08-2010 at 11:06 PM. Reason: clarity
mammothmc is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement