Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 01-07-2010, 07:35 PM   #1
Grinchy

Feedback Rating: (15)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'prila

WSBK: BMW officially confirms Tardozzi acquisition

Quote:
Former Ducati Xerox boss takes on the role of team manager for BMW's second season at World Superbike level.
BMW Motorrad has confirmed it has completed the high-profile signing of Davide Tardozzi to the post of team manager in a move that it helps will see them challenging for the World Superbike title within the next two years.

BMW made its debut in the category last season under the eye of project manager Rainer Baumel, but a reshuffle will now see Tardozzi assume the role of team manager.

Tardozzi moves to the German manufacturer after a lengthy tenure with Ducati, one that has yielded 16 titles over the years.

Indeed, Tardozzi had been tipped to assume a managerial role at MotoGP level following his decision to quit the Ducati Xerox team at the end of last season, but the 50-year-old maintains he wanted to remain in the series with which he has experienced considerable success.

With this in mind, Tardozzi was lured to BMW team due to the prospect of a deep pool of resources, two familiar riders in Troy Corser and Ruben Xaus and a desire to turn the burgeoning team into winners.

“I imagine a lot of people will be surprised to hear of my decision to join BMW,“ he said. "However, for me the decision was simple. I had offers from MotoGP, but my heart is in the Superbike World Championship and I feel at home here.

“BMW Motorrad Motorsport is a young and hungry team, and that gives me the challenge I have been looking for. I'm looking forward to working behind the scenes to the benefit of the team. I know that I can fulfil this role at BMW.

“Of course, already knowing our riders Troy and Ruben well makes my job easier. 2010 will be a tough year, as there are many good riders and teams in the Superbike World Championship. Nevertheless, I firmly believe that BMW can take a big step forward over the coming year.”

BMW Motorrad motorsport director, Berthold Hauser, was also thrilled to be welcoming Tardozzi on board, a coup that he believes will launch BMW as contenders over the coming seasons.

“I am delighted finally to be able to announce our partnership with Davide Tardozzi,” he said. “The new structure ensures that the team will be well set up for the future. Team management and team organisation are important areas in which we can see further potential for improvement.

"The key here is to approach every situation in a structured and target-led way. This applies to both general processes and tactical decisions with a direct influence over performance.

"With his many years of experience in the sport, Davide will play a decisive role here. At the same time, the restructuring will allow Rainer Bäumel to fully focus on the core areas of overall project management and engineering.”
http://www.crash.net/world+superbike...quisition.html

I've always felt he was overated,
now we'll get to see what he's really made of without the "Ducati" advantage to make him look good
Grinchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 01-07-2010, 10:44 PM   #2
alrova
- LSTD - From 0 to Snail

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
09 ZX-6R

Send a message via MSN to alrova Send a message via Yahoo to alrova
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinchy View Post
http://www.crash.net/world+superbike...quisition.html

I've always felt he was overated,
now we'll get to see what he's really made of without the SUPERB "Ducati" to make him look good
Glad to see you talking the truth for once.
Old 01-08-2010, 09:06 AM   #3
ileono918
On hiatus

Feedback Rating: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alrova View Post
Glad to see you talking the truth for once.
Don't you ride a Kawi?
ileono918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 10:17 AM   #4
alrova
- LSTD - From 0 to Snail

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
09 ZX-6R

Send a message via MSN to alrova Send a message via Yahoo to alrova
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irak View Post
Don't you ride a Kawi?
what are you talking about willis. I ride a DUCAWI. well i will, the bike is still in the development stages, and no there are no spy pics yet lol
Old 01-08-2010, 03:35 PM   #5
Grinchy

Feedback Rating: (15)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'prila

http://www.crash.net/motogp/news/155...in_motogp.html

Quote:
Former Ducati World Superbike team manager Davide Tardozzi has come out in support for Casey Stoner by labelling him the best rider in MotoGP over Valentino Rossi.

Tardozzi, who will be helming BMW's World Superbike effort in 2010 after the decision to leave Ducati at the end of last season, says he still harbours desires to take a managerial role in MotoGP one day.

Indeed, Tardozzi was linked with a high-profile position in Ducati's MotoGP team following Livio Suppo's decision to leave, but was attracted by BMW's promising package for the moment.

“Being truthful, MotoGP remains something very close to me, so if I was to get the opportunity...,” he told gpone.com. “The new regulations that will see a return to 1,000cc will make it the king of motorcycling classes once more.”

Even so, despite swapping his Ducati branded wear for BMW colours over the winter, Tardozzi still had kind things to say about his former employers, even suggesting that in Stoner they have the best rider in MotoGP.

“Ducati has the best rider in the championship, Casey Stoner – and I say that with no fear of being misinterpreted. The new regulations that have significantly reduced the amount of testing will also favour him; he only needs one lap to be able to go quickly.”
Stoner, world champion in 2007, had his 2009 season spoiled by illness, but was still able to secure fourth position in the standings with four wins.

what a sad deluded man

everyone knows Dovi is the best
Grinchy is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement