MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 01-06-2010, 04:35 PM   #1
Jason_Canuck

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
A black one
and a red one

Tempting...

http://houston.craigslist.org/mcy/1540238963.html
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Biker tempting cops Bdean92 Motorcycle News & Media 4 06-29-2015 04:45 PM
tempting: Rizoma vs chinese knockoff RACER X Performance and Modifications 3 09-26-2012 07:21 PM
Advertisement
Old 01-06-2010, 04:42 PM   #2
tonyt915
"Fuckchix"

Feedback Rating: (19)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
08 Duc Duc Goose Superbike"sold"
08 CBR 6RR " sold"
84 Yamaha Big Wheel 200
76 HD FXE "sold
09 WR450F "sold"

Member Garage

That's
Old 01-06-2010, 04:53 PM   #3
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Feedback Rating: (5)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

Send a message via AIM to dbuck
What's the displacement on that thing??? looks pimp. just googled it....400 i assume.

I dig the single sided swingarm and white wheels. Seems like a low price considering how clean it looks, then again I know nothing about this particular bike.
dbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 05:21 PM   #4
Jason_Canuck

Bike(s):
A black one
and a red one

400cc, and about 60 hp. I did a quick price check and seems like thay can be found for about $3K, so I say this one is pretty reasonable depending on mileage. Only downside is bike is 15 years old (only made 94-96).
Old 01-06-2010, 05:25 PM   #5
IndyRC
Mutant

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 4-8 months

Bike(s):
None

Those are awesome...and yes, very tempting.
IndyRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 05:34 PM   #6
texranger

Trackdays: 7

Bike(s):
1995 Honda CB1000
1972 Suzuki GT550 Triple
1978 Honda CB750K Cafe Project

Oh !!! email sent to the seller. I had a '92 Honda VFR 400 NC30 (RC30 little brother) about 10 years ago and i loved it.. great machines.. that thing is a blast to ride. (but they said the NC35 isn't as good as the NC30 was)

That one on CL looks to be a '95 or '96 model. Wonder if it's street legal?

I'll find out once the seller get back to me.
texranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 10:04 AM   #7
Afterlife

Feedback Rating: (0)

thats sweet. Any updates from seller?
Afterlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 10:07 AM   #8
Snow
Can I kick it?

Bike(s):
Sick 7-5

wow... that thing looks pretty nice. I like the single swing arm too.
Old 01-07-2010, 10:27 AM   #9
3xv

That NC35 example looks clean, wish I had extra money for it. I had a CBR400RR years ago overseas and loved it. Replaced it with a '93 TZR250 and loved it even more. I'm trying to source for an NSR250 MC28 in japan, but really hard to find a mint example.
3xv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 10:34 AM   #10
Jason_Canuck

Bike(s):
A black one
and a red one

No response from seller yet.
Old 01-07-2010, 11:29 AM   #11
texranger

Bike(s):
1995 Honda CB1000
1972 Suzuki GT550 Triple

CL scammers!!

Here's the response from the seller:

"Thanks for your mail The bike is still available with clean title and never had an accident or dent before. It's 2004 model and currently has 8600 miles, excellent condition, Full Service History, ABS, ESA, heated grips, sport wheels, alarm, clear indicator lenses, full set of RG crash bungs, new tyres at last service. Let me know if you are able to afford the asking for $2400. It is registered for street use.

I have taken up an appointment with missionary church of in Western Part of Africa and Iíve to move, so I had actually left the bike in the State with my wife. I will want you to contact her for further communication and arrangement about the bike. The papers are already with her. She can be reached via Email only ( janecarstensloves@tissmail.com ) You can be guaranteed of satisfaction and more information regarding the
Sales arrangement.

See the attachment for more images of the bike.

Thank You,

Kind regards,
Mr. Carstens"

I hate CL scammers... oh man.. i was so exited when I open my inbox and saw a reply about the RVF. BTW, the douche sent me a few more pics of the NC35, but none of the mods listed are shown in the pics, like clear lenses, crash bungs etc... but hey, it has sport wheels!!! Woo hoo!
Old 01-07-2010, 11:41 AM   #12
Jason_Canuck

Bike(s):
A black one
and a red one

After revisting the ad after your post, it does smell a little.
Old 01-07-2010, 12:11 PM   #13
NorthHoustonGSXR
Yes I do.

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
2006 GSX 600R
mystery bike
2000 CBR600F4 track only (SOLD)

its been removed.

xdng33m4iv
GOVERNMENT IS THE REAL MIDDLE MAN. COMMON BUSINESS PRACTICE IS TO ELIMINATE THE MIDDLE MAN.
NorthHoustonGSXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 01:09 PM   #14
texranger

Bike(s):
1995 Honda CB1000
1972 Suzuki GT550 Triple

More from this CL scammer's "wife":

"Hi Nick,

Its a pleasure to read from you. My husband forwarded a copy of your message to me as well and I can assure you that the bike is in a good condition. I've move my children recently to Alaska with the bike and all its documents/papers as we out for Xmas and would possibly be returning back by May when my husband comes back. I explained to my husband that the bike is not safe outside here as we have no garage to keep it here in Alaska so that was the reason why he has decided to sell it out soon. I tried to look for someone who can hold the bike for me who is more closer to your location so that I can give him/her the document and keys of the bike and the bike itself before I left but could not see and I don't want my husband's bike to be used anyhow in his absent that is why I take it along with me.

So get back to me on how you could take care of our bike or perhaps experience you have in using a bike. So get back to me if you are really and serio usly interested in buying our bike so that we can discuss on how you will be getting the bike. My husband has decided to pay for the shipping charges to ship the bike down to your house or airport if you are seriously interested in taking it from him.

Thanks,

Jane Carstens.

That's what I call a deal!!!! He even wants to pay for the shipping from Alaska to Houston!! awesome!
Old 01-07-2010, 01:17 PM   #15
TeleRomeo
Wide Freaking Open!

Bike(s):
2006 ZX-6R Track
Cr125 Braaap

Quote:
Originally Posted by texranger View Post
More from this CL scammer's "wife":

"Hi Nick,

Its a pleasure to read from you. My husband forwarded a copy of your message to me as well and I can assure you that the bike is in a good condition. I've move my children recently to Alaska with the bike and all its documents/papers as we out for Xmas and would possibly be returning back by May when my husband comes back. I explained to my husband that the bike is not safe outside here as we have no garage to keep it here in Alaska so that was the reason why he has decided to sell it out soon. I tried to look for someone who can hold the bike for me who is more closer to your location so that I can give him/her the document and keys of the bike and the bike itself before I left but could not see and I don't want my husband's bike to be used anyhow in his absent that is why I take it along with me.

So get back to me on how you could take care of our bike or perhaps experience you have in using a bike. So get back to me if you are really and serio usly interested in buying our bike so that we can discuss on how you will be getting the bike. My husband has decided to pay for the shipping charges to ship the bike down to your house or airport if you are seriously interested in taking it from him.

Thanks,

Jane Carstens.

That's what I call a deal!!!! He even wants to pay for the shipping from Alaska to Houston!! awesome!
Quick fix... Ask where in Alaska... Then state you know somebody there and they will check the bike for you... Then when the bike moves to a different state, replay the same way. I jacked with someone for a whole week, until he put I state that I actually live in... or I was on a business trip... lol scammers!!
Old 01-07-2010, 01:52 PM   #16
Afterlife

Yea my car was for sale on craigslist one time. Someone got on the forums stole pics of it and posted it. The funny part was when i found out and contacted him. I asked about the Supercharger that was in the picture of the engine and he had no idea what it was. LOL NOOBS.
Afterlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 02:05 PM   #17
texranger

Bike(s):
1995 Honda CB1000
1972 Suzuki GT550 Triple

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeleRomeo View Post
Quick fix... Ask where in Alaska... Then state you know somebody there and they will check the bike for you... Then when the bike moves to a different state, replay the same way. I jacked with someone for a whole week, until he put I state that I actually live in... or I was on a business trip... lol scammers!!
LOL ... done! let's see if they reply back!
Old 01-07-2010, 02:54 PM   #18
texranger

Bike(s):
1995 Honda CB1000
1972 Suzuki GT550 Triple

Follow up

"Hi Jane,
Thanks for the reply; good to hear the bike is in good condition and there's nothing wrong with it. Quick question: where in Alaska are you and the bike located? I have some friends living over there and I would like them to check out the bike for me. Please get back to me asap so we can arrange a date to check it out and get this transaction going.
Thanks, Nick.

------------------------------------o-------------------------------------

"Thanks for the mail. I'm living in Yakutat, Alaska but after the conversation between me and my husband , He has decided to finish the sales of the bike with you by using Mover Quest Shipping company, there website is http://www.moverquest.com/motorcycle..._shipping.aspx , to finalize this transaction with you.I'm sure we can proceed this way.You will have 5 days to inspect the bike according to the bike description and condition, after that you will contact the Mover Quest Shipping company to release the payment confirmation to my husband's secretary in West Africa. They will protect your money and our bike.They will keep your money in their custody till you receive and inspect the bike.
You will be able to properly check the bike and verify the papers and make sure everything matches our description!
This is an assurance for you that we are legit! and If there is something that is not as described, then you just ship the bike back to us, Our charges and you will withdraw the payment back from t he Mover Quest Shipping company!

You're to forward me your Full name, Address, telephone number & Nearest Airport closer to you in order to register the bike with the shipping company. I wait to read from you so that the shipping can start in progress.

There is a great storm here 3 days ago and we are having a network problem with our phone company but they are still working on it. Here is my husband direct mobile number incase you wish to talk to someone +23418750762

Can't wait to hear from you soon.

Thanks so much!

Old 01-07-2010, 03:23 PM   #19
zerobounds
Captain Concussion

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):

lol nice, totally bogus shipping/payment method.. get their address in alaska where the 'bike' exactly is so your 'friends' can check it out.
Old 01-07-2010, 03:34 PM   #20
spartandude
Custom User Title

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
750 honda shadow spirit

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by texranger View Post
"I'm living in Yakutat"
Oooh. They have a surf shop!!!!!
I so want to go.
http://www.icywaves.com/
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	db__9FL00201.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	9.8 KB
ID:	30771  
My left eye turned into my skull and attempted to eat its way through my brain to escape the visual assault of stupidity. Awww , it just got to my Primary Motor Cortex. I can feeeeeeeeeeelllkknowqenf npnvpjw jwq uqvrp
spartandude is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement