MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 01-07-2010, 10:45 AM   #21
bluewave18
Safety Third

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50

I cant find the write up on grinding the corner off of the nut. I found several land speed racers talking about adding 18+% to the speedo healer to trick the ecu. The bike limits off of the speedo needle. So you trick it into thinking your going slower and it will let you go faster.
bluewave18 is online now   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
cited for 'unsafe speed', but no speed indicated Jonbones Fresnel Phan Attorney At Law 17 10-09-2013 09:47 PM
I see your high speed cornering and raise you a low speed corner... Hi-Side General Discussion (Moto Related) 22 07-22-2011 07:56 PM
Why don't cars/motorcycles come with top speed limiters from factory? BaylorNinja500 General Discussion (Moto Related) 90 06-29-2010 02:42 PM
top speed run and high speed wheelies. CBR 1000 CarbonJames General Discussion (Moto Related) 4 08-19-2005 10:29 AM
Advertisement
Old 01-07-2010, 10:49 AM   #22
bluewave18
Safety Third

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50

http://www.schnitzracingstore.com/ca...showprevnext=1
Seems to be your best option.
Old 01-07-2010, 10:51 AM   #23
Pyrofallout
<<<< S.B.N. >>>>

Feedback Rating: (31)

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 10+

Member Garage

I would think that's a much better option than the speedohealer. Only $60 more too. And it looks like you will get a good reading of your speedometer and not destroy your odometers accuracy in the process.
Pyrofallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 11:22 AM   #24
CaligoneTx
Forest Gnome Tour Guide

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
Triumph 675r
Ducati 748
Hyosungs (250r + 650r)
Honda 900rr
Suzuki Busa1300r (+2 bikes)

Send a message via AIM to CaligoneTx Send a message via Yahoo to CaligoneTx
No, you are correct. the lock out is in 6th gear.

You would need to pull off the basket case, get to the sensor and modify it so the bike never sees the 6th gear signal.

all the busa sites have that right up in them.
Old 01-07-2010, 11:41 AM   #25
Satan

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrofallout View Post
How would two speedohealers correct the speed and trick the computer?!

You would just be modifying the already modified pulse signal from the speed sensor.

As far as I understand, when the signal goes through the second healer, it would make the first one pointless.
Sorry for the confusion. Im not talking about going 170+mph what I am talking about is....

With the speedohealer You can correct the actual correct MPH on your Tach being that most bikes are off a certain percentage usually 10%+- give take a few.

My bike was actually off more than 10% I was doing about 88MPH and my tach said 100mph. at higher speeds it was off by a little more which has made my bike seem like it has more miles than it actually does.

"However" if you correct the speed gauge you will also more than likely limit the speed limiter lower so you won't be able to take advantage of every gear your in because the limiter will cut you off earlier.

How ever if you set the Speedohealer to a lower your speed limiter so it tricks the limiter into thinking your actually not going that fast you will be able to take full advantage of every gears potential but you will not be reading correct MPH on your MPH gauge.

Bear in mind that kawasakis are limited by a speed sensor to activate the limiter not the RPM like susuki

Thus from what I have researched you need one to trick the limiter and another on to correct you MPH gauge because the speedohealer cannot do but. At least thats what I have read. I could be wrong but im just posting whats out there.
Old 01-07-2010, 11:44 AM   #26
Pyrofallout
<<<< S.B.N. >>>>

Feedback Rating: (31)

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 10+

Member Garage

OK. Gotcha. Yes a speedohealer will do the job. We all though you were talking about bypassing the electronic speed limiter.

From what the speedohealer guide says, almost all bikes have 3-5% off the speedo from the factory, but the odometers are usually accurate. why this is? i have no freaking clue, but that's what speedohealer says. so by correcting your speedo, you will throw off your odometer, but not by a ton. not really enough to matter in the long run.

i thought you meant making the bike think it is going 150 or whatever when its really going 200+ to bypass the speed limiter, which according to speedohealer is possible with some electronically limited bikes, but that would def throw your odo WAY off.
Pyrofallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 12:36 PM   #27
bluewave18
Safety Third

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50

Get the one from Schnitz above. It fixes your problem and bumps the top speed. Who doesnt want that?

Advertisement