Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back > Information > Events, Meets and Rides
Forgot info?

Welcome to! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 01-05-2010, 12:44 AM   #1
Buck Beasley
Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 10+ years

'05 Suzuki SV 650,

'04 Vespa 150

Member Garage

Send a message via Yahoo to Buck Beasley
Volunteers for Xtrm home makeover needed.

Extreme Home Makeover comes to Kemah and needs help.....

Hello my friends and Happy New Year!

You are receiving this email because I know each of you has a tremendous network of friends and eager volunteers.

Extreme Home Makeover is coming to Kemah and they are coming soon! January 7 will be the announcement and the work will begin the next day. We have been asked to help rally our community to help. I remember what an awesome display of "community" we had after Ike and I know we are capable of helping this family whoever they are.

They are in need of actual bodies who have the expertise to do the work and monetary donations.

Please forward this to all of your networks to see if we can come together as a great community again in the beginning of 2010 and make a difference.

See Below for additional updates.

Update on volunteer website. Go to “” to volunteer your skills or helping hands!! I went on the website and volunteered my time. The website is easy to navigate and gives many choices to help!

Message from the local coordinators below.

To all our friends and family:

We thank you for your heartfelt calls, donations and willingness to participate in the Extreme Home Makeover project that is coming to our area. It is important to note that the city, address and recipient family have not yet been disclosed by the Extreme Home Makeover team and any previous reference made or speculation that you are hearing about the home/family has not been verified. We do know it is in our community.

Evidently in order for this family in our community to receive the full benefit that they are about to receive, the network requires complete anonymity prior to the knock on the door and the air date. Please help us in keeping any conjecture to a minimum so as not to jeopardize this project and the benefit to this family. It is our understanding that ABC will pull the project from our area if the family knows before the date.

We understand that the links for donations and volunteering may not be working properly all the time. To volunteer your skills and/or time please go to the Channel 13 Houston news channel and search for Extreme home makeover in the Bay Area.

To donate money, please make checks payable to Coastal Credit Union Galveston, Attn: Carol , 2302 Church Street, Galveston, Texas 77550 and reference Extreme Home Makeover, Bay Area

CCS expert # 13
CMRA expert #413
Get off the keyboard and on your bike for a change...
Buck Beasley is offline   Reply With Quote