MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Reply
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 01-03-2010, 04:02 PM   #1
Prodigy
Senior Member
 
Prodigy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Sugarland Texas
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 3,573

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
Honda 1000rr
Kawasaki ZX6r
Honda CBR F4i
Suzuki Gsxr750
T-Rex

Member Garage





Motorcycle Goodies

I am all for buying local and supporting our MH friends. While searching for the Go pro HD lcd backpack I found this website they have tons of unique products that are hard to find.

http://www.pashnit.com/product/cyclepump.html

http://www.pashnit.com/product/cheetah_gps_mirror.html

http://www.pashnit.com/product/cheetah_m27.html

I think you get the idea
Prodigy is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
got some new goodies!! plummer General Discussion (Moto Related) 11 01-28-2013 11:24 AM
Some new goodies Bluestreak06 General Discussion (Moto Related) 5 09-06-2011 10:47 PM
some new goodies for the busa! H2447INTX Performance and Modifications 42 04-13-2010 11:35 AM
My New Goodies Kodak Off Topic 9 01-09-2009 08:57 AM
New Goodies!! 04RSVR Taking it to the Track 19 01-11-2008 12:32 AM
Advertisement
Old 01-03-2010, 04:48 PM   #2
tbertw
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Spring
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 20

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2003 Ninja 250









Hi, I got my Hero HD MotorSports Model on Ebay. $250 free shipping.
__________________
90 VX800 - Sold
97 Virago 1100 - Sold
03 Ninja 250
tbertw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 06:47 PM   #3
BcFrancis
Senior Member
 
BcFrancis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Spring
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 1,237

Experience: 9-12 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
07 yamaha R6(sold)




Member Garage


i want that M27 jammer
__________________
GRIP IT AND RIP IT!
BcFrancis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 06:59 PM   #4
Snow
Can I kick it?
 
Snow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,304

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Sick 7-5









I want the laser jammer, but they are illegal.

A cop knows when you are using one as soon as it doesn't read your speed. The website even says that they can read within a 3rd of a second.

If I was checking people's speeds and got a response like that, I would pull em over on the suspicion that they were using a laser jammer.

That little switch is nice, but you cant react within a 3rd of a second.
__________________
150tall
Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 07:03 PM   #5
PYROBUG51
GMFS Racing
 
PYROBUG51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: SPRING
Feedback Rating: (6)
Posts: 6,158


Bike(s):
06 GSXR 750 Track
06 R6 Track

04 ZX6RR NINJA (STOLEN)






So what happens when he pulls you over...Do you tell LEO you have a M27 Laser Jammer and thats B.S.?
PYROBUG51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 07:15 PM   #6
IndyRC
Mutant
 
IndyRC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Colorado
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 3,416

Experience: 4-8 months

Bike(s):
None









Pashnit has some great ride info too. There are some pretty obscure roads on there. I used it years ago for riding in CA
IndyRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 07:21 PM   #7
Snow
Can I kick it?
 
Snow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,304

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Sick 7-5









Quote:
Originally Posted by PYROBUG51 View Post
So what happens when he pulls you over...Do you tell LEO you have a M27 Laser Jammer and thats B.S.?
Is that directed at me?

laser jammers have to be mounted unobstructed. Very simple to find it.
__________________
150tall
Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 07:25 PM   #8
PYROBUG51
GMFS Racing
 
PYROBUG51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: SPRING
Feedback Rating: (6)
Posts: 6,158


Bike(s):
06 GSXR 750 Track
06 R6 Track

04 ZX6RR NINJA (STOLEN)






Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow View Post
Is that directed at me?

laser jammers have to be mounted unobstructed. Very simple to find it.
No snow it wasnt
PYROBUG51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 07:31 PM   #9
Tony1K
CMRA #721
 
Tony1K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Webster, TX
Feedback Rating: (20)
Posts: 2,276

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2015 Aprilia RSV4 Factory Race Bike
2011 YZ450F Dirt
2015 Honda Grom







Laser jammers are legal, radar jammers are not.
__________________
My Videos: www.youtube.com/user/TonyOneK
Tony1K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 07:39 PM   #10
Snow
Can I kick it?
 
Snow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,304

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Sick 7-5









Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony1K View Post
Laser jammers are legal, radar jammers are not.
Oh wow. You are right. I could have sworn they were illegal, but I guess I mixed it with a radar jammer.

Interesting that the laser jammers aren't illegal, since many cops have switched to that.
__________________
150tall
Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 07:51 PM   #11
Tony1K
CMRA #721
 
Tony1K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Webster, TX
Feedback Rating: (20)
Posts: 2,276

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2015 Aprilia RSV4 Factory Race Bike
2011 YZ450F Dirt
2015 Honda Grom







I had a laser jammer and k40 radar detector built into my m3... it was nice... saved me lots of tickets.
__________________
My Videos: www.youtube.com/user/TonyOneK
Tony1K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 09:24 PM   #12
Pyrofallout
<<<< S.B.N. >>>>
 
Pyrofallout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Feedback Rating: (31)
Posts: 25,364

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 10+






Member Garage





i would suggest a laser interceptor over a blinder jammer. look around online and alot of test show the LI to be better. I have seen several of both in action and the LI tends to the best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BcFrancis View Post
i want that M27 jammer
i like how they call it the cheetah m27. its not made by cheetah, its made by blinder.

i like how they call it the "motorcycle" version and waterproof and tag a huge price tag on it. they blinder m27 is $480 brand new on amazon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow View Post
I want the laser jammer, but they are illegal.

A cop knows when you are using one as soon as it doesn't read your speed. The website even says that they can read within a 3rd of a second.

If I was checking people's speeds and got a response like that, I would pull em over on the suspicion that they were using a laser jammer.

That little switch is nice, but you cant react within a 3rd of a second.
BS on both of your statements.

They ARE legal. At best a cop could get you for obstruction of justice but with a lawyer it wouldn't hold up in court. Laser jammers are only illegal in a small number of states, TX is not one of them.

Also a cop is not gonna know instantly whether you have a jammer or not. if you JTG (jam the gun) all the way to 0 feet then it might be pretty obvious. but i have shot nearly every laser gun in use in the state myself, and there is no set distance that it always works on every car. there are so many variables involved in shooting LIDAR, you can shoot one car 5 times and get a read on it at 5 different distances, each one 200 feet off the other. It goes off, you slow down to PSL, you flip it off, your good.

Besides, only 1 in a handful of people have radar detectors, even less have a quality radar detector, even less than that have a laser jammer, there are so few people in the area that have a jammer a traffic cop shooting lidar is probably not even THINKING about jammers when shooting cars coming down the freeway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PYROBUG51 View Post
So what happens when he pulls you over...Do you tell LEO you have a M27 Laser Jammer and thats B.S.?
Nope you say I dunno what your talking about cofficer, those are my parking sensors. and if you have an LI and the cop really wants to be a , you flip the switch the other way and they really do work as parking sensors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow View Post
Is that directed at me?

laser jammers have to be mounted unobstructed. Very simple to find it.
yes they do have to be mounted on the front and rear unobstructed, but i have seen some people here in houston that have some stealthy installs, you would have to look to know its their.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony1K View Post
Laser jammers are legal, radar jammers are not.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow View Post
Oh wow. You are right. I could have sworn they were illegal, but I guess I mixed it with a radar jammer.

Interesting that the laser jammers aren't illegal, since many cops have switched to that.
radar jammers are illegal because it is radio waves which are mandated by the FCC. LIDAR is simply a infrared beam of light. no different then the light from a remote control for your tv, except much more powerful

Last edited by Pyrofallout; 01-03-2010 at 09:28 PM.
Pyrofallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 09:30 PM   #13
Snow
Can I kick it?
 
Snow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,304

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Sick 7-5









Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrofallout View Post
i would suggest...
Wow. Very informative post.

Thanks!
__________________
150tall
Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 09:32 PM   #14
Pyrofallout
<<<< S.B.N. >>>>
 
Pyrofallout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Feedback Rating: (31)
Posts: 25,364

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 10+






Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow View Post
Wow. Very informative post.

Thanks!
if your really interested in a jammer, check out

http://guysoflidar.com/

you could also join radardetector.net forums and come out to a shootout event with us and see jammers in action and play with all the guns yourself.
Pyrofallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 04:26 PM   #15
mr_joe
Senior Member
 
mr_joe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: PASADENA
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 898

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
2005 R6-Sold
2008 CBR1000








+1 Flip the switch after you've slowed down, and be all like"i think you got that speeding car that passed us. i've seen it dismissed in court because cop didn't have proof and the "alleged speeder" requested the speed from the gun. just ask question in court like when was your radar gun last calibrated, how long was your last training. but be ready for some hate because that's like slapping him in the face.

Jammers = illegal in most states for interfering with government frequencies.
Detectors = illegal in a few states and illegal in 18 wheelers in some states.
__________________
Weather man why do you always lie about the weather? Why?

www.myspace.com/mrjoes
mr_joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 04:30 PM   #16
Pyrofallout
<<<< S.B.N. >>>>
 
Pyrofallout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Feedback Rating: (31)
Posts: 25,364

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 10+






Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_joe View Post
+1 Flip the switch after you've slowed down, and be all like"i think you got that speeding car that passed us. i've seen it dismissed in court because cop didn't have proof and the "alleged speeder" requested the speed from the gun. just ask question in court like when was your radar gun last calibrated, how long was your last training. but be ready for some hate because that's like slapping him in the face.

Jammers = illegal in most states for interfering with government frequencies.
Detectors = illegal in a few states and illegal in 18 wheelers in some states.
c'mon man, get it together homie.

you can request to see an officer's gun all you want, don't fcking matter. he doesn't have to show you or anyone else. officers can right you a speeding ticket on so many other methods. it's is word against yours, and his is worth more in court.

and jammers do not automatically equal illegal. radar jammers yes, illegal in every state, laser jammers are illegal in Nebraska, Minnesota, Utah, California, Oklahoma, Virginia, Colorado, Illinois and Washington DC
Pyrofallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 04:37 PM   #17
Snow
Can I kick it?
 
Snow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,304

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Sick 7-5









I don't see why you are disagreeing with him Pyro? He basically is saying the same stuff as you?
__________________
150tall
Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 04:45 PM   #18
Pyrofallout
<<<< S.B.N. >>>>
 
Pyrofallout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Feedback Rating: (31)
Posts: 25,364

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 10+






Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow View Post
I don't see why you are disagreeing with him Pyro? He basically is saying the same stuff as you?

He stated jammers are illegal, they are not, like I said, a cop can ticket you for anything they want, that doesn't make it illegal or mean it will go anywhere in court.

He also stated that you can get off a ticket because the cop doesn't show you his radar, which is highly incorrect.
Pyrofallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 06:06 PM   #19
Snow
Can I kick it?
 
Snow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,304

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Sick 7-5









Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrofallout View Post
He stated jammers are illegal, they are not, like I said, a cop can ticket you for anything they want, that doesn't make it illegal or mean it will go anywhere in court.

He also stated that you can get off a ticket because the cop doesn't show you his radar, which is highly incorrect.
Well he said most states.. and didn't specify radar or laser.

As for the cop/ticket thing... I read it like the cop was saying it to a fellow cop, not like the guy pulled over was saying it to a cop.

...that might not make sense to you, but he typed it kinda odd.

I think you deciphered it correctly though.

I am pretty sure you have the right to see the radar gun though. I have never asked because it just the officer off I think.
__________________
150tall
Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 07:57 PM   #20
Pyrofallout
<<<< S.B.N. >>>>
 
Pyrofallout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Feedback Rating: (31)
Posts: 25,364

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 10+






Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow View Post
Well he said most states.. and didn't specify radar or laser.

As for the cop/ticket thing... I read it like the cop was saying it to a fellow cop, not like the guy pulled over was saying it to a cop.

...that might not make sense to you, but he typed it kinda odd.

I think you deciphered it correctly though.

I am pretty sure you have the right to see the radar gun though. I have never asked because it just the officer off I think.
We have plenty of LEO's on the board, and I am sure asking any one of them they will let you know you are incorrect sir.
Pyrofallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:58 PM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy