MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 12-27-2009, 11:18 AM   #41
PYROBUG51
GMFS Racing

Feedback Rating: (6)

Bike(s):
06 GSXR 750 Track
06 R6 Track

04 ZX6RR NINJA (STOLEN)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow View Post
*kicks the soap box out from under you*

Sorry to hear about what happened, but the first thing I think about is that you couldn't see him *AND* you had your headphones in. If a cop turns on his lights, you have to show that you plan to pull over by signaling to get over or even putting on your hazards.

You probably just kept on going, which signaled to him that you were thinking about running.

It is better for him to stop you *before* you run, than to wait until you run.

If you go to grab for something that the officer thinks might be a gun, expect some serious force. He isn't going to wait to see what you are pulling.

The same goes for running. If you show signs that you might be thinking of running, he is going to end it right there.

The fact he lives in your apartment complex says to me that you have probably him off in the past, or he has seen you speeding around before and just wanted to peg you.

If you get a lawyer, it is useless. As a cop, or a lawyer on the cop's side, I would bring up the headphones and it would be case closed. You couldn't hear (oh and ear buds are illegal to wear on a motorcycle). The cop saw you were not responding to him, possibly going to run, so he took extra measures to stop you in order to protect the rest of the public from a high speed chase.

In reality, sounds like the guy is a douche and you weren't really being Billy Badass, but the law works on facts, not reality... and sometimes the two don't coincide.
Lol at this....if he was gonna run.... drop down a couple and twist the trottle
He would know pretty quick he was running!
Snow how many times you been pulled over
PYROBUG51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SC State Trooper Shoots Unarmed Man r6racer The Circus 16 02-06-2015 06:35 PM
State trooper question Tisboihur General Discussion (Moto Related) 50 02-03-2012 02:06 AM
Cool State Trooper pinball General Discussion (Moto Related) 3 03-15-2011 02:23 PM
ohio state trooper fights with ems OMEGA Off Topic 43 05-29-2009 06:56 AM
Advertisement
Old 12-27-2009, 11:20 AM   #42
CaligoneTx
Forest Gnome Tour Guide

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
Triumph 675r
Ducati 748
Hyosungs (250r + 650r)
Honda 900rr
Suzuki Busa1300r (+2 bikes)

Send a message via AIM to CaligoneTx Send a message via Yahoo to CaligoneTx
...for riding violations, not soliciting....
Old 12-27-2009, 11:35 AM   #43
Badzx14r
Banned

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
2many2list

User is banned

Badzx14r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 11:52 AM   #44
Helios
Back again again...

Feedback Rating: (9)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
06 Silver Gixxer

Member Garage

I have lived here over 2 years and have never run into him, except for that one time when i first moved in and i'm assuming it was him because he came out on the side where the state trooper usually parks. The entire length of the road from where i last turned to where i finally pulled over could not have been more than 1 mile during which my speed nor direction changed until i saw the cop, on my right side at which point i slowned down and he began to cut me off. Geez anyone read details?
Helios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 11:56 AM   #45
Doug
Hangover

Bike(s):
FLTRX

man, that sucks. It shouldn't be a surprise to any cop as to why they aren't trusted anymore.
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 11:57 AM   #46
Helios
Back again again...

Bike(s):
06 Silver Gixxer

Member Garage

And for those bad at math, if i was doing 60 as he said, and the road is about a mile, it couldn't have possibly been more than 30 seconds from the time he clocked me, got on the road behind me and then caught up to me.
Old 12-27-2009, 05:29 PM   #47
Sifu-TZ
#1 Satans' Buttnuggets

Feedback Rating: (1)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Husky 450SMR motard

advice from retired popo, do with it what you will;

don't say a word to him from now on. ever. smileif you must.
his violator contact mechanics were wrong. that is not how you make a traffic stop on a biker.
tell your attorney, but it won't do much good. he'll need to add this to the equasion; if he "clocked" you, that means determined average speed over a pre-set distance, and used a watch to mark the time. division tells you the speed. what he did was "followed" you, using the vehicles' speed and distance to gauge yours. very ineffective and inaccurate.
the term "checked on radar" is what is normaly used. if he didn't use front radar on "same lane forward motion" setting, he's just lying.
yelling and being unprofessional is not acceptable, report this to a supervisor asap.
he's probably lying about most of it. that's not uncommon, if you know a lot of troopers like I did.
when you see the lights, raise your left hand to show you are moving over to the right and keep it up.

good luck, you will need it. I hope this helps.

Fastline motorcycle school grid marshal.
PM's open temporarily.
Sifu-TZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 05:41 PM   #48
Ares

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
Z-rex ZRX1200r
Ninjette 250ex - SOLD :'|
Blondie ZX6R - SOLD :'|

sorry to hear this bro. glad you are on bikes again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helios View Post
I got the hint and dropped to the back of the ranks just in front of Ares, who btw rocks the outta that 250.
Ares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 08:42 PM   #49
Helios
Back again again...

Bike(s):
06 Silver Gixxer

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sifu-TZ View Post
advice from retired popo, do with it what you will;

don't say a word to him from now on. ever. smileif you must.
his violator contact mechanics were wrong. that is not how you make a traffic stop on a biker.
tell your attorney, but it won't do much good. he'll need to add this to the equasion; if he "clocked" you, that means determined average speed over a pre-set distance, and used a watch to mark the time. division tells you the speed. what he did was "followed" you, using the vehicles' speed and distance to gauge yours. very ineffective and inaccurate.
the term "checked on radar" is what is normaly used. if he didn't use front radar on "same lane forward motion" setting, he's just lying.
yelling and being unprofessional is not acceptable, report this to a supervisor asap.
he's probably lying about most of it. that's not uncommon, if you know a lot of troopers like I did.
when you see the lights, raise your left hand to show you are moving over to the right and keep it up.

good luck, you will need it. I hope this helps.
Thanks Todd, just the advice I was looking for. As of this point, I'm gonna just gonna take care of the tickets and try to get my license back in good standing. I'm gonna have my attorney (gf's boss) request a copy of the tape and I'll look for the stuff you mentioned above. After I get all of that straightened out and had a chance to look at the tape myself, gonna get some advice whether to file a report on this guy. The fact that my license was suspended from an out of state ticket is the only thing that keeps me from reporting it now. I was told that it wouldn't be in my best interest just yet because the judge might want to revoke my license. A gamble I'm not willing to take. Not sure how accurate this is. Thanks again, your input was useful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ares View Post
sorry to hear this bro. glad you are on bikes again!
Thanks Ares. Man this was actually my second time back on the bike. First one was on Xmas day to my momma house just the day before. And I'll say it again... I was just chillin, riding, didn't even feel like I was speeding. But I guess right or wrong, I gotta pay my dues.
Old 12-27-2009, 08:57 PM   #50
sofa

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
02 sv650
honda 919

BIG MISTAKE. He started to swerve into my lane in front of my bike at least 3 times, each time slamming his brakes on me.

How did you let him do this 3 times before you were able to stop the bike?

After the first one you should've known better and stop asap? No?
sofa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 09:01 PM   #51
Snow
Can I kick it?

Bike(s):
Sick 7-5

Quote:
Originally Posted by PYROBUG51 View Post
Lol at this....if he was gonna run.... drop down a couple and twist the trottle
He would know pretty quick he was running!
Snow how many times you been pulled over
I said thinking about running. Please read next time . I have been pulled over 3 times in the car, never on the bike.

Pull over immediately, or they will think you are CONTEMPLATING running.

Ask any officer what he would think in the situation, or continue douching on a forum. Your choice. Somehow I already know what you will choose.
Old 12-27-2009, 09:17 PM   #52
Helios
Back again again...

Bike(s):
06 Silver Gixxer

Member Garage

Quote:
Sorry to hear about what happened, but the first thing I think about is that you couldn't see him *AND* you had your headphones in. If a cop turns on his lights, you have to show that you plan to pull over by signaling to get over or even putting on your hazards.

You probably just kept on going, which signaled to him that you were thinking about running.

It is better for him to stop you *before* you run, than to wait until you run.
You're totally right. I know this was def the factor that got him to step it up, but , after no more than maybe 30 secs the next step is to knock someone on a bike OFF the road? I'm not buying that. You dont' go from step 1 to step 5 and skip all else in between.

Quote:
The fact he lives in your apartment complex says to me that you have probably him off in the past, or he has seen you speeding around before and just wanted to peg you.

In reality, sounds like the guy is a douche and you weren't really being Billy Badass, but the law works on facts, not reality... and sometimes the two don't coincide.
I've never seen him in the (over) 2 years I've lived there. NEVER. I only assume it was him that kicked us out of the pool that one night because I've always seen that cruiser out there and he emerged from that same side of the apts that night. And I dont rev and race my bike. 90% commute, only open her up on back roads and forest rides etc. I'm a pretty legit, lowkey dude. Flashy racing and revving just for the sake of looking cool aint me at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUCman View Post
Here is the bottom line. This is the law! When a marked police vehicle hits his lights anywhere behind you, YOU MUST YIELD TO THE RIGHT! Never pull to the left! This is because if he is going around you and you go left, he would plow yo . So I imagine this is why he got so off. Its not right, but he was totally easy on you brother if you didn't get a ticket for yielding to the left.
I totally agree. Unfortunately, I DID NOT see him behind me. By the time I saw him, it wasn't to pull me over anymore AND he was in my right lane right next to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaligoneTx View Post
Alot of factors play in on this case.

I watch my mirrors religiously so usually see problems before they become something more.

But in the case a cop was that aggressive towards me I'd probably slowly pull over and if he continued to swerve at me I'd let him hit me. His dash cam would show the 45mph speed and dropping as he bumps you over etc.

We've had our fair deal of problems w police that was unjust. I always pull over, turn off the bike and take my helmet off then wait on the bike.

I've been accused of unsafe riding while using hand signals. Cops said I obviously didnt have turn signals, but he was a block away on the right side, so he could see them blinking on the left. Teela(Inknmyskyn) almost got hit by the cop "pursuing me" after we waited at the light for 4minutes and turned INTO a gas station.

I will continue to have respect for officers and the job they do but I question their complex more and more. More importantly when I drive/ride Im not nervous around cops because I know Im not breaking laws usually.
I do this ALL the time. I'm always tilting around checking behind me. Always. I guess since I was about 3 mins from my home and the road is usually barren on the weekends made me relax up a bit. I am also never nervous around cops. If they happen to look at me, I'll usually give them and head tilt and a quick deuce. Dont know about all that anymore.
Old 12-27-2009, 09:24 PM   #53
Helios
Back again again...

Bike(s):
06 Silver Gixxer

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by sofa View Post
BIG MISTAKE. He started to swerve into my lane in front of my bike at least 3 times, each time slamming his brakes on me.

How did you let him do this 3 times before you were able to stop the bike?

After the first one you should've known better and stop asap? No?
Dude, I was braking to slow the entire time right after i saw him. When you slow down do you slam on both your brakes? I had to SLAM on my brakes 3 times when he was cutting me off. I had NO clue why he was doing that. My mind was pretty freaked out. I was already approaching the left turn lane when I saw him and was already slowing down. The entire thing from the moment I saw him, to the time we stopped could not have been more than 4 seconds.
Old 12-27-2009, 09:45 PM   #54
Helios
Back again again...

Bike(s):
06 Silver Gixxer

Member Garage

I saw him in my right mirror, looked over and gave him the thumbs up, then slowed and pointed to the left (I was already approaching the left turn lane). Then it was:

swerve*SCREECH*swerve*SCREECH*swerve*SCREECH*and stop.

This all happened faster than it took you to read that.
Old 12-28-2009, 12:33 AM   #55
level5
moving chicane

I have been in this situation before and I can tell you that they can do this all day long. In my situation, the cop had his lights on without a sirens, and he expected me to see it. These types of cops must not ride because who the fck can see directly behind you.. Anyway, you failed to pull over when he turned his lights on you. You were fleeing or evading. Lucky he didn't charged you with one. In his defense, he had his lights on and you were "evading" and he did a maneuver, and it took 3 times to pull you over.
level5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 01:10 AM   #56
switch
two fifty

Experience: 4 years

rolan. you should jsut come kill the backroads with us. the state trooper we talked with today was actually quite nice.

trooper: which way you gusy riding?

us: yank....errr fayetteville

listen to sifu's advice, and call me fool!
CMRA #250
"Me? I stand for uncertainty, insecurity, bad taste, fun, and things that go boom in the night."
switch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 02:27 AM   #57
Helios
Back again again...

Bike(s):
06 Silver Gixxer

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by level5 View Post
I have been in this situation before and I can tell you that they can do this all day long. In my situation, the cop had his lights on without a sirens, and he expected me to see it. These types of cops must not ride because who the fck can see directly behind you.. Anyway, you failed to pull over when he turned his lights on you. You were fleeing or evading. Lucky he didn't charged you with one. In his defense, he had his lights on and you were "evading" and he did a maneuver, and it took 3 times to pull you over.
I completely agree. I've agreed to the last 5 people that have said this same thing! I guess once again my arguement is... first hit the lights, the siren, then pull up next to me and make sure I've seen you, give me a chance to respond (which I did) and if I dont respond or if it looks like I'm going to run (changing gears and hitting the throttle) THEN sure, go ahead and ram me off the street. I have seen countless and countless police chases (bikes and cars) where the cop gives chase and stays behind the vehicle and follows steping up his aggressive maneuvers as needed. NOT 30 seconds then bam, run this dude off the road. Maybe I just haven't posted it enough?

Quote:
Originally Posted by switch View Post
rolan. you should jsut come kill the backroads with us. the state trooper we talked with today was actually quite nice.

trooper: which way you gusy riding?

us: yank....errr fayetteville

listen to sifu's advice, and call me fool!
Hey man. Aint heard from you in a while. Thought you were strictly track! The trooper wouldn't let me ride the bike back to my apt and I had to call around. Vito came and rode my bike back home. cop kept driving in circles waiting for me to fck up and try to ride it back myself.

I'll give you a shout once I clear all this mess up man.
Old 12-28-2009, 08:01 AM   #58
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

"He was bent on knocking me over"

i would think if he really wanted to knock you over it wouldn't be that difficult
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 08:52 AM   #59
Helios
Back again again...

Bike(s):
06 Silver Gixxer

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X View Post
"He was bent on knocking me over"

i would think if he really wanted to knock you over it wouldn't be that difficult
The one thing i am certain in all of this is that if i had not swerved as widely and braked as aggressively as i did, i would have surely painted the pavement with blood, grease and plastic. I have NO doubt.
Old 12-28-2009, 09:40 AM   #60
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

i do, cuz all he had to do was keep on coming over and you woulda been squished, so i doubt he meant to squish you.
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement