MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 12-19-2009, 07:27 PM   #41
ThomasNinja650
SSG Coleman

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2007 Kawasaki Ninja 650-R

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradtx View Post
RIP to the rider and condolences to his family for somewhere there are likely presents under a tree from and to him.
There is now a hole in the hearts of the fallen riders family/friends that may never be filled. I know personally that it's tough as to lose someone close during the holidays. It creates a pain and sorrow in those that survive to go on through life without the fallen ones they loved.

Last edited by ThomasNinja650; 12-19-2009 at 07:29 PM.
ThomasNinja650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Keep eyes open redtalon3204 Stolen Bike Reports 1 05-19-2011 04:08 PM
KEEP EYES OPEN!! alexbandit1200 Stolen Bike Reports 32 05-15-2011 06:18 AM
rider down on ch 13 news on sawdust at 5 today? loosenoose Off Topic 8 11-01-2009 02:09 PM
All Eyes Open, and Cover that Break.!!! speedjunkie General Discussion (Moto Related) 31 02-12-2008 12:03 PM
keep your eyes open please.... houseofpaint Off Topic 42 12-29-2007 12:12 PM
Advertisement
Old 12-19-2009, 08:05 PM   #42
ForgottnSoul
MotoMilitia Choosen 9

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
2008 Special Edition ZX-14

Member Garage

Wow guys............... this is why ppl seldom even like to use this forum anymore. You all are seriously going to argue back and forth about if he deserved it or not? His fault or not its a fallen rider and i cant remember a time not to long ago that this kind of thing meant something to this "community"

RIP
ForgottnSoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 08:14 PM   #43
Squoddybody
This is me.

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
Custom 2003 SV650

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForgottnSoul View Post
Wow guys............... this is why ppl seldom even like to use this forum anymore. You all are seriously going to argue back and forth about if he deserved it or not? His fault or not its a fallen rider and i cant remember a time not to long ago that this kind of thing meant something to this "community"

RIP
Unfortunately every time there is a RIP thread, some ppl think the rider deserved what they got and some think it's an unfortunate event. Either way - somebody died and it's sad. Whether or not they deserve it is not for us to decide.

RIP to the fallen rider, and condolences to the ppl in the SUV- must have been horrible for them, as well.

follow me on IG - squoddybody
Squoddybody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 08:24 PM   #44
Warpbender
warped and bent

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
'07 Yammy FZ1 "the faster blue one"
'04 DR650se (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:

RIP
Nicely said.

Life is too short not to ride nekkid!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaligoneTx View Post
So keep talking chit or try it.
Warpbender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 08:35 PM   #45
Helios
Back again again...

Feedback Rating: (9)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
06 Silver Gixxer

Member Garage

One of the comments from the readers on the ABC13 website.

"It was probably the fact that he was wearing a helmet that got him killed.. Helmets reduce your overall awareness of other traffic ... "

It is very unfortunate for this rider and his family. With greater speed comes greater responsibility. There are some that can pull it off, but unfortunately we can't all forsee that fraction of a second that can turn a fun ride, into an tragic accident.
Helios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 08:59 PM   #46
OMEGA
good eenin *****es

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
2001 sv650(totalled) 01 yzfr6 now 2003sv1000

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helios View Post

"It was probably the fact that he was wearing a helmet that got him killed.. Helmets reduce your overall awareness of other traffic ... "

It is very unfortunate for this rider and his family. With greater speed comes greater responsibility. There are some that can pull it off, but unfortunately we can't all forsee that fraction of a second that can turn a fun ride, into an tragic accident.
i just read that as well, rip to the rider, and good luck to the suv driver on gettin on with his life after being traumatized by this
Old 12-19-2009, 09:03 PM   #47
BcFrancis

Experience: 9-12 months

Bike(s):
07 yamaha R6(sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helios View Post

i read that too! I tried to comment on that idiot, but it started making me sign up and all and I was too frustrated to do all that.
Old 12-19-2009, 09:03 PM   #48
Prothos

Bike(s):
Huffy

RIP

Did you notice the commet from the idiot that said he was dead because he wore a helmet.
Prothos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 11:53 PM   #49
__NATE__

Bike(s):
07 Hayabusa
Honda Crf 450
TTR 90
Yami PW 50

Quote:

RIP
Very well Said .......... This is my last post on this topic before an idiot me off anymore.......... May he Rip and his family find the strength to over come there loss at there time of need ......
~~When you go into court, you are putting yourself in the hands of 12 people who weren't smart enough to get out of jury duty.~~~THIS IS MY BUSA THEIR ARE MANY LIKE IT BUT THIS IS MINE! WITH OUT MY BUSA I'M A CAGER!~~~
__NATE__ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 12:54 AM   #50
craigntx
team ftp

Feedback Rating: (21)

Bike(s):
all sold, wrecked, or stolen

with the laws the way they are now, all it takes is one cager to say they were racing, then the other riders face the possibility of being charged........
Old 12-20-2009, 01:20 AM   #51
Helios
Back again again...

Feedback Rating: (9)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
06 Silver Gixxer

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigntx View Post
with the laws the way they are now, all it takes is one cager to say they were racing, then the other riders face the possibility of being charged........
If the cager was doing 65mph and the busa was doing 75mph, it would still not be enough force to kill the rider. Regardless of what the cager says, a motorcycle would have to be booking some serious to hit with enough force to kill him even with a helmet on.
Helios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 01:35 AM   #52
texlurch
Official MH tag inspector

Bike(s):
04 ZX-10R
02 ZX-12R BOTM 12/11
00 ZX-12R
07 GSXR 600
00 TL1000R BOTM 07/12 (sold)

Member Garage

For all you saying we should just support the rider for the "community", that's fine. RIP.

That being said, the reason a lot of us are cynical is it seems like after every Wed, Fri and Sat night we read about someone wrecking or getting killed on the Loop... and we ALL know exactly what they were doing "riding" around at 11:30 pm or 2 am or whatever.

So get off the soapbox and realize if you want to ride like an thru traffic at night on a "Route", you aren't getting any sympathy when your time comes.
.... Home of the "Black Ninja's"
texlurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 08:21 AM   #53
cdill35

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2014 Phoenix 921 Pro XP w/ Merc 250 ProXS
11 Yam Zuma 125
Specialized Stumpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by texlurch View Post
For all you saying we should just support the rider for the "community", that's fine. RIP.

That being said, the reason a lot of us are cynical is it seems like after every Wed, Fri and Sat night we read about someone wrecking or getting killed on the Loop... and we ALL know exactly what they were doing "riding" around at 11:30 pm or 2 am or whatever.

So get off the soapbox and realize if you want to ride like an thru traffic at night on a "Route", you aren't getting any sympathy when your time comes.
Regardless of how someone was riding, the attitude that they deserved what they got for it (death) is bs.

And people say choose their riding buddies carefully?
cdill35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 08:53 AM   #54
texlurch

Bike(s):
04 ZX-10R
02 ZX-12R BOTM 12/11
00 ZX-12R
07 GSXR 600

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdill35 View Post
Regardless of how someone was riding, the attitude that they deserved what they got for it (death) is bs.

Didn't say they or their family deserved it.

But the rider doesn't deserve MY sympathy, just because they were riding.

Life is a game, play it wisely. You make your choices and live or die with them.

I like to ride fast in the country. My choice. Playing tag, at night, with 2 ton and up moving targets is not my choice.
Old 12-20-2009, 08:59 AM   #55
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
2015 Ducati Monster 1200S
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!-SOLD
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squoddybody View Post
Unfortunately every time there is a RIP thread, some ppl think the rider deserved what they got and some think it's an unfortunate event. Either way - somebody died and it's sad. Whether or not they deserve it is not for us to decide.

RIP to the fallen rider, and condolences to the ppl in the SUV- must have been horrible for them, as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdill35 View Post

kinda weird in ever one of these cases, people try and put words in peoples mouth like DESERVED, rereading the post, nobody said deserved, most were OH WELL................only the people "defending" the dead use the deserve word.
Old 12-20-2009, 09:11 AM   #56
karimcoco

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
05 R1
00 kawa zrx 1100 *sold*
08 CBR 600RR *sold*
05 GSXR 1000 *stolen*

Quote:

RIP
well said . RIP to the rider/his family. Good luck to the suv driver for a fast recovery from this tragic accident.
Old 12-20-2009, 09:13 AM   #57
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
2015 Ducati Monster 1200S
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!-SOLD
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more sold

Quote:

RIP
missed this deserved.
Old 12-20-2009, 09:26 AM   #58
cdill35

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2014 Phoenix 921 Pro XP w/ Merc 250 ProXS
11 Yam Zuma 125
Specialized Stumpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X View Post
kinda weird in ever one of these cases, people try and put words in peoples mouth like DESERVED, rereading the post, nobody said deserved, most were OH WELL................only the people "defending" the dead use the deserve word.

If you have zero sympathy for someone that lost their life, then you must feel, somewhat, that they deserved it. Much like I am not sympathetic to a convicted child molestor / rapist / murderer sentenced to death. Why? Because they deserve death.

But actually, I think you guys are a bit sympathetic, you just like to take the unpopular stance so that you can debate. I can relate.
cdill35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 10:00 AM   #59
texlurch

Bike(s):
04 ZX-10R
02 ZX-12R BOTM 12/11
00 ZX-12R
07 GSXR 600

Member Garage

I fell sorry for their families, and friends.

I am a hard , sorry, just the way I am. I've told more than one good friend that wrecked showing their that they were stupid. Most agreed. Some changed their ways, some didn't.

So many really good riders have rolled the dice on the loop on "Routes" and come up snake eyes. I know they didn't think they were going to be the "one" that night. The ones that lived I would really, truly like their perspective, looking back "20/20" so to speak.

But to toss the blanket statement out that regardless of circumstances, "just because they are fellow riders I should feel sorry for them", I can't do it.

Those guys chose to run thru traffic, whether it was lack of skill or the SUV changing lanes, they put themselves in the position. Play the odds long enough, you can't win every time.

You pays your money, you takes your chances.
Old 12-20-2009, 10:22 AM   #60
Ulric
Dirty Old

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

Quote:
If you have zero sympathy for someone that lost their life, then you must feel, somewhat, that they deserved it.
I'm pretty sure the dead, give a flying **** for any 'sympathy'. It'd be the people involved that survived and those around them would need/deserve it.

The 'rip' comments have been little more than a mantra. If you want to assign a 'cause' for why people "don't use this forum" anymore, it'd because threads get filled with so much postwhore and melodrama bullcrap.

Advertisement