MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-09-2006, 11:13 PM   #1
86gixx

Feedback Rating: (0)

dodge dakota

anyone know of a web site that will show where the variety of sensors are for the 4.7 motor? specifically---i need to install a "
coolant temp sensor" tonight while the engine is cooled off and i can see if the new part fixes the problem of bad morning start up. please help. thanks
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
North Dakota, possibly worst State in the Union urbanXJ Off Topic 10 03-26-2013 04:40 PM
Oilfield... North Dakota Lucar Off Topic 3 11-22-2011 09:22 AM
Help!!!! Dodge Dakota thecrow Off Topic 23 06-16-2009 07:39 AM
Advertisement
Old 05-10-2006, 07:24 AM   #2
hotcknstrips
Bevo's royal guard.

Feedback Rating: (8)

Experience: 7 years
Trackdays: 7

Bike(s):
09 Buell 1125CR

unlikely it will fix that kind of problem. the sensor should be located in the top fron of the enfine, either in the center or below the thermostat housing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Weird Lady
Mucus Membrane!
hotcknstrips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 09:33 AM   #3
CarbonJames
LSTD/TTBC Instructor

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
13 250sx
13 350sxf
12 150sx
07 CRF 230
04 CRF 50/70

Member Garage

have you tried looking for a "dakota forum " ?
CarbonJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 09:47 AM   #4
CarbonJames
LSTD/TTBC Instructor

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
13 250sx
13 350sxf
12 150sx
07 CRF 230
04 CRF 50/70

Member Garage

try this

http://www.dodgedakotas.com/board.htm
CarbonJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 10:04 AM   #5
86gixx

yah, i did try to find some dodge forums last night. the one that i found wanted a $40.00 annual fee to join in!! not gonna happen! then i found one other source and just had to leave a e-mail for the expert dude.

so, this morning i simply called my trusty mechanic for his free advice and time and he got me pointed right to the sensor. unfortunately it was right under my nose! i just couldn't see it last night with a flashlight. oh well, got it changed.

and as far as it not having anything to do w/ the problem/symptoms the truck was having...(i was also uninformed) this sensor lets the computer know the engine temperature at all stages...stone cold---normal---and whatever so that the computer can use its info (in part) to decide how much fuel delivery to the injectors is needed. a lil more when cold, and less/normal when at operating temp. in my case, if the sensor was faulty, the computer wasnt sending the right info ( "HEY!!!....WE NEED MORE FUEL RIGHT NOW 'CAUSE THE ENGINE IS COLD!!!") my engine would die in the mornings untill i revved it up to normal operating temp.

hopefully this was the problem, if not, then i have a $22.00 new sensor and i will check out the next likely item. i'll find out if it fixed the truck tomorrow morning and report back in case anyone has the same situation someday.
Old 05-10-2006, 10:42 AM   #6
Motor-T

Bike(s):
2002 R1150gs

Send a message via Yahoo to Motor-T
I'm in the auto repair industry. I have seen many problems caused by engine coolant temp sensors.
You might be surprised.
Motor-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 10:28 PM   #7
86gixx

Cool

unfortunately, the new sensor didnt correct the problem. and the engine has not emitted a check engine code yet, thus engine scan tool didn't show me anything today either. schit! guess whatever is wrong wants to break first so i can find it easier!! not cool.

Advertisement