Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back > Information > Introduction Forum
Forgot info?

Welcome to! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 12-10-2009, 09:39 AM   #21
I'm awesome, mom said so
Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 4 years

2008 GSX-R750 Black/Black

First off before buying any bike I'd say take the MSF coarse. That way you can find out how comfortable you are in riding solo.

Second if you feel you have to get a 600, as a first rider too, go with the Suzuki. My first bike ever was a 750 and I'll give this to Suzuki, on the power mode selector. I believe the 600's also come with this, and it helps a ton in learning your bike. Learn in "C" mode which I've been told puts the engine at about 65% hp.

You yourself know what your maturity level is. Don't get something just to "keep up" and end up having more bike than you feel comfortable with.
I only go after the BIG busts
GSXR_911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 09:44 AM   #22
Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 3 years

2007 R6(sold)
01' Gixxer 750 (sold)
2010 Yamaha R1

she said she wanted to learn and i support that 100% just dont want her to get hurt then feel like it was my fault but at the same time cant keep her in the shade all the time just cuz i dont want her to get sun burned. LIVE AND LEARN
S@int is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 10:36 AM   #23

Experience: 3 years

Black/White CBR 600RR (Leyla)
Red/Black CBR 600RR (Track)

I agree with Awesome Cycles being the best that I've heard. It's definitely worth the money you spend, and by passing the course you can get the riding part of the licensing process waived, which is a pain. I started on a 600 and it's not bad as long as you resist the urge to keep twisting that throttle...but that's easier said than done.

OH, and Welcome!
"When captured birds grow wise, they try to open the cage with their beaks. They don't give up, because they want to fly again."
Ronin - A samurai with no lord or master.
Originally Posted by Benga View Post
Ronin is the best of the best guys. He has a kick wife. Got wasted at his place and she didnt complain or anything!
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 11:10 AM   #24

No I don't want a 600 just to "keep up" ... I guess cuz I rode on my bf 600 before I feel like I might be able to handle my own, but I guess I'll just to take the course then decide what might be best for me.. But thanks everyone for the advice
mzlu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 04:53 PM   #25

Experience: 10+ years

2002 gsxr 1000
94 yz 250
01 cr 80

Wazz up!!! Welcome to Motohouston!!!
rocky07 is offline   Reply With Quote