Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 01-29-2010, 12:49 AM   #81
texlurch
Official MH tag inspector

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
04 ZX-10R
02 ZX-12R BOTM 12/11
00 ZX-12R
07 GSXR 600
00 TL1000R BOTM 07/12 (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navajib View Post
What GPS is that I'm seeing? That looks sharp.
Just a standard Magellen on a bar mount. I'll have to put it in a bag if it rains... but it will work.
.... Home of the "Black Ninja's"
texlurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New ride, teaser pic. gtdrivr Car Forum 38 06-04-2013 09:20 PM
Woodlands/spring ride saturday slammedsv Events, Meets and Rides 6 12-17-2012 11:28 PM
Spring ride to Washington on the Brazos! darklineninja Events, Meets and Rides 1 03-24-2011 01:32 AM
anyone need a ride to MSRH (spring) houseofpaint Taking it to the Track 2 10-12-2007 01:05 PM
Spring Ride BigComfy Events, Meets and Rides 7 08-27-2006 02:51 PM
Advertisement
Old 01-29-2010, 07:02 AM   #82
texlurch
Official MH tag inspector

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
04 ZX-10R
02 ZX-12R BOTM 12/11
00 ZX-12R
07 GSXR 600
00 TL1000R BOTM 07/12 (sold)

Member Garage

I was checking out this page:

http://www.visi.com/~dalebor/index.html#contents

And he about sums up what I like to do on my bike trips...

"My style of touring is to ride the motorcycle, period. I don't much care where I go or what I see as long as I'm riding. Sure, I try to go different places and see different things. I prefer good twisties and nice scenery just like everyone else but I'm there to ride and that takes first priority. I don't generally stop for anything but gas, food, or a cigarette. What's important is that I'm on the bike moving down the road. If I'm not doing that I'm wasting my time. For you newbies, this is not the way most people ride.

The second characteristic of my style is that I hate crowds. This means that I avoid large cities and tourist areas like the plague. This is also one of the reasons that I don't tour out east too much, too many people and towns. My destination is the road. It took me about ten years of touring to realize that this is really what I liked about touring (I'm a bit slow in the thinking department sometimes) but now that I know, it makes everything much easier.

People ask me all the time "Where are you going on your next trip?" The real answer is something like "West, but I'm not sure, maybe Newfoundland" (I live in Minneapolis). For reasons that I don't really understand this answer is unacceptable to most people. It seems perfectly sensible to me. They want to hear "Vancouver" or "New Mexico" or something like that so that's what I tell them. The real answer is still "West, maybe, I'll know for sure when I get back."

Occasionally in gas stations or restaurants along the way someone will ask me about my bike and then ask where I'm going. The answer is "That way (pointing in the proper direction) because I see a cool mountain over there and from the map it looks like there may be some nice twisties."
.... Home of the "Black Ninja's"
texlurch is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement