MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Reply
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 12-08-2009, 05:23 PM   #21
Amanda
Bulletproof
 
Amanda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: texas
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 2,966

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Scar (07-600rr)
Juggernaut (R6)- ditched
Glee (7fiddy)




Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreaJ200 View Post
Hey, a closed mouth doesnt get fed. I want to get more comfortable riding so I can make a wise decision before I buy. Any kind folks out there willing to lend a helping hand?
haha, i love that. Im totally taking that line!


Quote:
Originally Posted by texlurch View Post
What kind of bike you looking to buy? Wifes' Hyosung 650 will be for sale in a couple months. Fun bike but not overpowering.
do what u do ms andrea....but if by chance u dont have a bike when he puts this up for sale...jump on it!!! He is a good man and takes good care of his stuff




sidenote: whats up with all the 50 offers? sure they can teach a few small things, but so did her msf. That feels nothing like a big bike....what educational fact am i missing here?
__________________
If you play with the dogs, ur gonna wind up with fleas.....
Amanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Lending a Bike? JusAnotherTran General Discussion (Moto Related) 36 10-26-2010 04:11 PM
Southern Lending Corpoartion Captain How To's and Q & A's 2 07-19-2008 07:08 PM
Advertisement
Old 12-08-2009, 05:28 PM   #22
bluewave18
Safety Third
 
bluewave18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: S.E.
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 34,120

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50








they are cheaper to wreck
bluewave18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 05:39 PM   #23
Amanda
Bulletproof
 
Amanda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: texas
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 2,966

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Scar (07-600rr)
Juggernaut (R6)- ditched
Glee (7fiddy)




Quote:
Originally Posted by bluewave18 View Post
they are cheaper to wreck
indeed they are...but goodness, they really wont prepare someone for a big bike. I feel they can bring other bonuses after u have the foundation, but they cant fill the shoes of foundation by anymeans....still in need of better enlightenment here!
__________________
If you play with the dogs, ur gonna wind up with fleas.....
Amanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 05:45 PM   #24
AJFLo
Senior Member
 
AJFLo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: West Side
Feedback Rating: (8)
Posts: 8,621

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
K7 GSXR 600
06 Honda 50





Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanda View Post
indeed they are...but goodness, they really wont prepare someone for a big bike. I feel they can bring other bonuses after u have the foundation, but they cant fill the shoes of foundation by anymeans....still in need of better enlightenment here!
They are fun as to stunt Maybe teaching bad habits
__________________
sigpic6669 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixxer-Joy View Post
I知 really happy for you and I知 going to let you finish but AJFlo is one of the baddest mother fockers of all time!!!
AJFLo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 05:52 PM   #25
Amanda
Bulletproof
 
Amanda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: texas
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 2,966

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Scar (07-600rr)
Juggernaut (R6)- ditched
Glee (7fiddy)




Quote:
Originally Posted by AJFLo View Post
They are fun as to stunt Maybe teaching bad habits


Next.....
__________________
If you play with the dogs, ur gonna wind up with fleas.....
Amanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 05:56 PM   #26
evobusa7
<(<-_->)>
 
evobusa7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: houston\deer park
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 5,743


Bike(s):
07 crf 50cc (88cc) stunt









Send a message via Yahoo to evobusa7
I have a slow stall out busa that you can practice with
__________________
EVERYONE!! THOMASNINJA650R IS PLANNING TO GET A BUSA......PSSS PASS IT ON
evobusa7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 05:56 PM   #27
AJFLo
Senior Member
 
AJFLo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: West Side
Feedback Rating: (8)
Posts: 8,621

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
K7 GSXR 600
06 Honda 50





Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanda View Post


Next.....
You know well you like riding 50s!!
__________________
sigpic6669 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixxer-Joy View Post
I知 really happy for you and I知 going to let you finish but AJFlo is one of the baddest mother fockers of all time!!!
AJFLo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 06:14 PM   #28
Mr.P
Driving Duh-Bus
 
Mr.P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Sugarland
Feedback Rating: (5)
Posts: 4,759

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
CBR1000RR






Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodBar View Post
i have an 08 GSXR 600 with the engine mode change
a-100% power
b-80% power
c-50% power

you can pratice in a parkinglot with no cars.. on C mode
Bad idea.
__________________
Faster and Faster, Slowly! BRAWP it like its hot, BRAWP it like its hot.
Mr.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 06:20 PM   #29
Mr.P
Driving Duh-Bus
 
Mr.P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Sugarland
Feedback Rating: (5)
Posts: 4,759

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
CBR1000RR






Borrow a little dirt bike and a guide and go ride some offroad. Nothing too tough, just rolling hills, trails, ups and downs. You'll develop skills 20x as fast as on a street bike where you basically just sit and wait for something to happen. And the risk of getting killed is next to zero on a small four stroke dirt bike.

And don't think the skills don't transfer. My 13 year old son can jump on my CBR1000RR and ride it up and down the street like no big whoop, even though his biggest bike is a 150. He just has muscle memory for shifting, braking, turning, looking, evaluating, clutching....basically most aspects of bike control.
__________________
Faster and Faster, Slowly! BRAWP it like its hot, BRAWP it like its hot.
Mr.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 06:46 PM   #30
bluewave18
Safety Third
 
bluewave18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: S.E.
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 34,120

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50








Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.P View Post
Borrow a little dirt bike and a guide and go ride some offroad. Nothing too tough, just rolling hills, trails, ups and downs. You'll develop skills 20x as fast as on a street bike where you basically just sit and wait for something to happen. And the risk of getting killed is next to zero on a small four stroke dirt bike.

And don't think the skills don't transfer. My 13 year old son can jump on my CBR1000RR and ride it up and down the street like no big whoop, even though his biggest bike is a 150. He just has muscle memory for shifting, braking, turning, looking, evaluating, clutching....basically most aspects of bike control.
I could see it working like that.
bluewave18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 07:41 PM   #31
Sauce
Senior Member
 
Sauce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 240

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
'06 Virago 250









I'm in the same position as the OP and it seems to me that saying the skills don't transfer from a small bike to a big one is like saying that you're better off learning to drive stick in a corvette than a fiesta, it makes no sense. Learn where your mistakes are less likely to kill/hurt you that way you'll have the skill set to handle stuff when the power is a greater risk.

That's my opinion. I plan on riding my Virago 250 for a while before I even consider stepping up to a bigger bike.
Sauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 07:45 PM   #32
pester
Black olives matter
 
pester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Montgomery cty
Feedback Rating: (12)
Posts: 15,274

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2007 yamaha fz6
1998 yamaha wr 400 motard



Member Garage





now that everyone offers lol i will need help fixing my fiddy not now lol

but soon any takers?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by honorsdaddy View Post
Technology has insulated the stupid from the rightful consequences of their actions - and exposed the rest of us to the damage they can cause.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1sickGixxer View Post
nevermind ima bumbass and ill get my wife 2 do it 2nite.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyt915 View Post
I know enough Spanish to stick you with a knife cabron
pester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 07:52 PM   #33
AJFLo
Senior Member
 
AJFLo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: West Side
Feedback Rating: (8)
Posts: 8,621

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
K7 GSXR 600
06 Honda 50





Quote:
Originally Posted by pester View Post
now that everyone offers lol i will need help fixing my fiddy not now lol

but soon any takers?
What needs to be done.
__________________
sigpic6669 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixxer-Joy View Post
I知 really happy for you and I知 going to let you finish but AJFlo is one of the baddest mother fockers of all time!!!
AJFLo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 07:53 PM   #34
pester
Black olives matter
 
pester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Montgomery cty
Feedback Rating: (12)
Posts: 15,274

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2007 yamaha fz6
1998 yamaha wr 400 motard



Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by evobusa7 View Post
I have a slow stall out busa that you can practice with
uh yeah the one you are so scared of
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by honorsdaddy View Post
Technology has insulated the stupid from the rightful consequences of their actions - and exposed the rest of us to the damage they can cause.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1sickGixxer View Post
nevermind ima bumbass and ill get my wife 2 do it 2nite.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyt915 View Post
I know enough Spanish to stick you with a knife cabron
pester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 07:55 PM   #35
pester
Black olives matter
 
pester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Montgomery cty
Feedback Rating: (12)
Posts: 15,274

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2007 yamaha fz6
1998 yamaha wr 400 motard



Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by AJFLo View Post
What needs to be done.
well the easy throtle clamp, rear brake spring and washer, small oil leak

the hard, first gear wont engage. fiddy starts good. but due to my crunchy foot have been sittin in garage

wait a sec my foot isnt crunchy no more
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by honorsdaddy View Post
Technology has insulated the stupid from the rightful consequences of their actions - and exposed the rest of us to the damage they can cause.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1sickGixxer View Post
nevermind ima bumbass and ill get my wife 2 do it 2nite.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyt915 View Post
I know enough Spanish to stick you with a knife cabron
pester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 08:17 PM   #36
Ares
Senior Member
 
Ares's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Sweetland
Feedback Rating: (4)
Posts: 2,501

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
Z-rex ZRX1200r
Ninjette 250ex - SOLD :'|
Blondie ZX6R - SOLD :'|







what side of town are you on?
__________________
RIP Rocky Umali & blue 04 r6
Watch over us!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helios View Post
I got the hint and dropped to the back of the ranks just in front of Ares, who btw rocks the outta that 250.
Ares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 08:18 PM   #37
pester
Black olives matter
 
pester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Montgomery cty
Feedback Rating: (12)
Posts: 15,274

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2007 yamaha fz6
1998 yamaha wr 400 motard



Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by Ares View Post
what side of town are you on?
northwest 290 hwy 6
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by honorsdaddy View Post
Technology has insulated the stupid from the rightful consequences of their actions - and exposed the rest of us to the damage they can cause.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1sickGixxer View Post
nevermind ima bumbass and ill get my wife 2 do it 2nite.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyt915 View Post
I know enough Spanish to stick you with a knife cabron
pester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 08:28 PM   #38
RojerLockless
member of NO MA`AM
 
RojerLockless's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: I"M FROM TEXAS, Clear Lake
Feedback Rating: (10)
Posts: 10,903

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
Honda CB919




Member Garage


If your hot for booty I have a 250 AND a crf50 you can practice with

what? ... what?


__________________
I kissed a girl and I liked it!

RojerLockless@Motohouston.com
BRING BACK GIXXERBILL!!!
CRBsig 2
RojerLockless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 10:17 PM   #39
Amanda
Bulletproof
 
Amanda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: texas
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 2,966

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Scar (07-600rr)
Juggernaut (R6)- ditched
Glee (7fiddy)




Quote:
Originally Posted by AJFLo View Post
You know well you like riding 50s!!
i actually grew out of and sold my fifty after the first two months...that got old QUICK!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauce View Post
I'm in the same position as the OP and it seems to me that saying the skills don't transfer from a small bike to a big one is like saying that you're better off learning to drive stick in a corvette than a fiesta, it makes no sense. Learn where your mistakes are less likely to kill/hurt you that way you'll have the skill set to handle stuff when the power is a greater risk.

That's my opinion. I plan on riding my Virago 250 for a while before I even consider stepping up to a bigger bike.
Idk what OP means haha. but im not saying that smaller bikes arent good to learn on. I think dirt bikes and 250s are a better route to learn on...(not to say starting on a 600 cant be done, cuz thats what i did).

However... we are talking about a 50. Really a Fifty? Most 50's dont use a clutch, so you cant practice shifting. You use brakes, but u also use feet, so that does little good. There is a tiny 3 ft long and 2 ft tall bike that you can pick up...instead of a 350+ lb bike (it feels to different to teach sport bike technique)......and so so so much more does NO good. Its like a 16 year old learning to drive on a barbie power wheel.... It doesnt help much!
__________________
If you play with the dogs, ur gonna wind up with fleas.....
Amanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 10:21 PM   #40
Ares
Senior Member
 
Ares's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Sweetland
Feedback Rating: (4)
Posts: 2,501

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
Z-rex ZRX1200r
Ninjette 250ex - SOLD :'|
Blondie ZX6R - SOLD :'|







Quote:
Originally Posted by pester View Post
northwest 290 hwy 6
That's a bit too far for me I actually wanted to do some parking lot practices with the MSF skill test practice guide...
__________________
RIP Rocky Umali & blue 04 r6
Watch over us!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helios View Post
I got the hint and dropped to the back of the ranks just in front of Ares, who btw rocks the outta that 250.
Ares is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:16 PM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy