MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-05-2006, 05:05 PM   #1
MadseasoN

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Ok, first ticket on the bike

Passing in the HOV lane.

..... there was a METRO bus behind me on the HOV lane. Looked in the sideview and saw him PULLING OVER to talk to the METRO bike cop that was on the side checking cars for single drivers. There was a car in front of me and I thought about passing him but decided to stay there (at 60MPH).

Drove behind the car for awhile and took the next exit off the HOV. Here comes Ponch on his METRO Hawg. Pulls up next to me and tells me to stop right in the middle of the road (a very safe move) and turn off the bike. I did.

I followed his instructions and pulled into the transit center in 1st gear. He comes up and asks for my stuff (more like "PAPERS PLEASE") then asks me "Do you always pass busses in the HOV lane". I just looked at him without answering. He got real and said "Don't try that 'Law & Order' sh*t with me, do you always pass busses in the HOV lane?". I still didn't answer and he threatened to tow my bike and take me to jail (I don't even watch 'Law & Order'!!!). Me = silent. All of the brothers at the transit center were just shaking their head at this guy.

So he calls all over Texas looking for something on me then comes back all mister nice guy. "Just sign here Mr. Taylor your court date is on xxxx".

Moral to the story = I'll be driving under 60MPH in the HOV lane (speed limit), 45MPH through the entrance/exit zones. Especially when METRO is behind me. Hey METRO .... just following the law, sorry it'll take you 2 hours to get where you need to go.
MadseasoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Got my first ticket on my bike DavidGsXr General Discussion (Moto Related) 50 05-04-2012 12:59 PM
ticket on my bike pester General Discussion (Moto Related) 51 10-27-2010 09:35 AM
Got a ticket on the bike what to do? M@tt General Discussion (Moto Related) 47 01-09-2009 04:07 PM
First ticket on the bike Yammy General Discussion (Moto Related) 49 12-04-2008 11:02 PM
a ticket from an old bike AliceInChains02 Off Topic 10 09-16-2006 05:28 AM
Advertisement
Old 05-05-2006, 05:30 PM   #2
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
lots of em

wowzers! I always pass folks on the HOV ! sumbitches need to learn the posted doesnt mean its the law!

or does it?

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]
ScooterTrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 06:32 PM   #3
ArturoC
51% Geek, 49% SuperHero

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
'99 GSXR600
'04 NSR 50
'09 Yamaha WR250X
'07 Triumph 675

Member Garage

Send a message via ICQ to ArturoC Send a message via AIM to ArturoC Send a message via Yahoo to ArturoC Send a message via Skype™ to ArturoC
Quote:
Originally Posted by denhou1974
I followed his instructions and pulled into the transit center in 1st gear. He comes up and asks for my stuff (more like "PAPERS PLEASE") then asks me "Do you always pass busses in the HOV lane". I just looked at him without answering. He got real and said "Don't try that 'Law & Order' sh*t with me, do you always pass busses in the HOV lane?". I still didn't answer and he threatened to tow my bike and take me to jail (I don't even watch 'Law & Order'!!!). Me = silent. All of the brothers at the transit center were just shaking their head at this guy.

What was that supposed to mean? :dontknow:
CMRA [Prov Nov]ice #404
Sponsors: D&D - GoPro - Amsoil
ArturoC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 06:59 PM   #4
hotcknstrips
Bevo's royal guard.

Feedback Rating: (8)

Experience: 7 years
Trackdays: 7

Bike(s):
09 Buell 1125CR

dunno, but the cop was beign a , IMO.

sorry to hear about your ticket, Dennis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Weird Lady
Mucus Membrane!
hotcknstrips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 07:04 PM   #5
Red_Rocket
I wanna go fast!

Bike(s):
2000 ZX-12R (Slow ET Bike)
2004 Suzuki Hayabusa Turbo
Honda 50 (HA)

Send a message via Yahoo to Red_Rocket
He did not witness you doing it! Fight it! He can not for sure go to court and say he seen it... case dismissed!
DJ JONES #1762 & #777(Hurricane Alley Racing)
Humble, TX (MDB Racing)
2000 ZX-12R NOS Bike
2004 Turbo Busa
Red_Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 07:20 PM   #6
Neversatisfied02

Bike(s):
2007 GSXR 1000
2007 Kawi ZX10R (SOLD)
2006 Kawi ZX6R (SOLD)
2005 Suzuki GSXR 600 (SOLD)

Very true! The cop has to actually see it to testify in court.

If not... , ill just pick out the people i dont like and call in on them and just say they are driving wreckless and hauling and watch them get tickets! lol :laughing6
Neversatisfied02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 09:32 PM   #7
MadseasoN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Rocket
He did not witness you doing it! Fight it! He can not for sure go to court and say he seen it... case dismissed!
That's what I'm thinking. Unless they can drag the METRO driver to court as a witness. Probably won't happen though and still my word against theirs even if they do show. I was wondering what the people on the bus were thinking. I'm sure there were a few geezers saying 'Yeah, give him a ticket'. But personally I'd be at the driver for wasting my time with this BS.

Next time I get pulled over I'm gonna dial my number on the cell phone so that it goes to VM then sit the phone down. It's good to have a recording of cops cursing you out.
Old 05-05-2006, 09:41 PM   #8
MadseasoN

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArturoC
What was that supposed to mean? :dontknow:
Exactly.

He was just trying to intimidate me. If you're headed outbound on 59 in the afternoon you'll see him @ Little York.

His face looked like an with dentures.
Old 05-05-2006, 10:08 PM   #9
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

so did you do anything wrong?
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 10:14 PM   #10
fuknrobert
the necessary villain

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
'04 R6, '05 70, '04 fiddy!

even if they drag the metro driver to the court, he can't testify that you were speeding... is that like a citezens (arrest) citation? pffft

u got this beat man, just show up

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentgixxer
im not a midget , i was actually born with a type of dwarfism, but i took medication for 12 yrs to reach just 5'6"
fuknrobert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 10:43 PM   #11
Sc0
A Lemming

Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
'01 F4i
'03 KFX400 MX
'09 FLHT
'01 Giant NRS1

Send a message via Yahoo to Sc0
Hmm, better you than me.

You see the moto cops every now and then, sometimes a cruiser running Laser/Radar, and then you see them just in the lane holding up traffic. I ussualy pass where they have the lane split up for a merge, the cones are apart J U S T far enough for a SS to whizz through. (I have noticed more cones being placed tighter together though...) Most people in the HOV move off to the side for a bike to pass, sometimes it's cool and sometimes I try to conserve gas. As for the busses, pass at will or slow down to keep a 50yd space gap or eat dirt/garbage/rocks, FOD and whatever else those things kick up. Chances are that the Bus might have had a Metro Officer on it, a maybe. (Metro = I like having a Badge and Gun legally and can't work for HPD, Sherriff's, Constable, DPS, etc.)

How many poeple here have waved at HPD, Sherrif, or Metro LEO's on a SportBike and never got a wave back?
Sc0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 11:02 PM   #12
ptd
π

Hmm, I passed a Metro bus today on 59s at one of merge areas. Caught up to another biker and watched him get pretty close to the wall (at least from my angle) when he decided to pass the truck and car in front of us (was doing 80 at that point so I stayed put)

-pd
ptd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 08:24 AM   #13
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
lots of em

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sc0
Hmm, better you than me.

You see the moto cops every now and then, sometimes a cruiser running Laser/Radar, and then you see them just in the lane holding up traffic. I ussualy pass where they have the lane split up for a merge, the cones are apart J U S T far enough for a SS to whizz through. (I have noticed more cones being placed tighter together though...) Most people in the HOV move off to the side for a bike to pass, sometimes it's cool and sometimes I try to conserve gas. As for the busses, pass at will or slow down to keep a 50yd space gap or eat dirt/garbage/rocks, FOD and whatever else those things kick up. Chances are that the Bus might have had a Metro Officer on it, a maybe. (Metro = I like having a Badge and Gun legally and can't work for HPD, Sherriff's, Constable, DPS, etc.)

How many poeple here have waved at HPD, Sherrif, or Metro LEO's on a SportBike and never got a wave back?
I always get a wave back, but I seriously feel they look at Hardleys differently.

Unless you look like this guy I was behind the other day, a patch wearing 1% er and he had the old heavily worn jacket with bandidos on the back and a huge , and I mean huge almost machete huge knife in his back pocket. very brazen and not even worried about cops and what they would have thought of the knife.

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]
ScooterTrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 12:01 PM   #14
MadseasoN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sc0
Hmm, better you than me.

The bus pulled over to talk to the cop (first post) then the cop caught up with me to pull me over.

He was discriminating against me. He referred to my bike three times as "that thing".

Last edited by MadseasoN; 05-06-2006 at 12:04 PM.
Old 05-06-2006, 12:07 PM   #15
AznGoneNuts

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
06 R6

Send a message via AIM to AznGoneNuts
so lets say im going 45 south on my bike going 80mph can a metro cop give me a ticket?
AznGoneNuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 12:54 PM   #16
Sc0
A Lemming

Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
'01 F4i
'03 KFX400 MX
'09 FLHT
'01 Giant NRS1

Send a message via Yahoo to Sc0
Metro can give you a ticket anywhere.. Same with most other Officers... They might not get your speed "legally" but they can write down something else on the ticket before they give it to you.

BTW: Don't pass in blocked/coned off sections in the HOV as sometimes Metro parks their bikes/cruisers their, wouldn't be good if they are their when you try and pass...
Sc0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 01:08 PM   #17
andre3k
I see dead people...

very funny

I'm not sure if I follow your story. Did you pass the vehicle in front of you or not? Provided that your are telling the truth then you were certainly within your rights to remain silent. As long as you comply with what he asks you to do then you don't have to say anything. Not much to be said really, its none of his business if you like to pass busses or not.

On the flip side we only have your side of the story. But if he did not personally witness the incident and the witness does not show up to court then the state doesn't have much of a case. Usually the witness info will be on the ticket in the comments sections.

After he cursed at me for not saying anythink I would have requested for a supervisor (sgt) to make the scene. If you ask for one then he has to request that a Sgt come out. Don't call the Sgt out to dispute the ticket, but rather the officers conduct during the traffic stop. If that doesn't work ask for names and badge numbers and then file a formal complaint with Metro PD.
andre3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 07:27 PM   #18
fuknrobert
the necessary villain

Bike(s):

^when i tried to file a complaint with HPD they just laughed at me and didn't even let me file a written complaint. they just called another cop and told me he was the other cops supervisor.

Quote:
im not a midget , i was actually born with a type of dwarfism, but i took medication for 12 yrs to reach just 5'6"
Old 05-07-2006, 02:50 AM   #19
andre3k
I see dead people...

Unless you went in person to 1200 Travis, Internal Affairs Division, you didn't file a complaint. And I guarantee they wouldn't laugh in your face, complaints are taken seriously and they are investigated. At the end of the investigation they will mail you a packet notifying you of the outcome. Regardless of the outcome, all complaints are added to the officers personnel file. If the officer is found to have violated a dept policy they will recieve anything from a written reprimand to days off w/o pay to being fired.
andre3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 03:14 AM   #20
fuknrobert
the necessary villain

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by andre3k
Unless you went in person to 1200 Travis, Internal Affairs Division, you didn't file a complaint. And I guarantee they wouldn't laugh in your face, complaints are taken seriously and they are investigated. At the end of the investigation they will mail you a packet notifying you of the outcome. Regardless of the outcome, all complaints are added to the officers personnel file. If the officer is found to have violated a dept policy they will recieve anything from a written reprimand to days off w/o pay to being fired.
GREAT information to know, thank you.

Quote:

Advertisement