MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Technical > Performance and Modifications
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 12-03-2009, 08:40 PM   #21
CaligoneTx
Forest Gnome Tour Guide

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
Triumph 675r
Ducati 748
Hyosungs (250r + 650r)
Honda 900rr
Suzuki Busa1300r (+2 bikes)

Send a message via AIM to CaligoneTx Send a message via Yahoo to CaligoneTx
We offered our advice, you asked.

I meet riders every weekend on backroads rides that have been on their bike for 2 yrs etc etc. But they ride w the memorized corners from their neighborhood to school etc. Unless they can control their ego and adrenaline, they usually end up in the ditch. Its a sad practice but there are a several I know that take mental bets on whos wrecking/riding off on our rides; and by all nature our rides are very tame(like 10-20 over tops) but it still happens.

And what do we see? First bike,minimal gear, flat center tires, oversized bike for rider experience and usually a loud azz exhaust, stickers, bling, rearsets, levers etc etc.

Trackdays are the best investment you could ever make on your motorcycle experience whether you solely commute, looking to improve awareness skills, ride faster on backroads, or learn how you can control your bike better.

For that matter, I will say it once more: There are a handful of people on here that will ever outride a 250r. Im not close to one of them.
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
anyone need maintanence/performance parts/custom led's/ installed for CHEAP 05ravenr6 Performance and Modifications 12 01-07-2013 02:18 PM
Performance 'parts'... Ulric How To's and Q & A's 6 03-13-2008 11:40 PM
Performance Question BeatMeRaw General Discussion (Moto Related) 1 10-23-2007 01:07 AM
Performance parts for buell p3 ShadowDrifter06 General Discussion (Moto Related) 7 04-22-2006 02:03 PM
97 CBR900RR cosmetic and performance parts.... txcouple Performance and Modifications 1 07-28-2005 03:49 AM
Advertisement
Old 12-03-2009, 08:44 PM   #22
Patrick
Motorcycles Unlimited

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'14 Speed Triple R, '82 CB900F, '13 Streetglide

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopy281 View Post
I plan on getting a 05-06 636.. what are some parts or tips to make performance on a bike better, all I know is pc, full exhaust, and that's basically it..lol, but what kind of exhaust is good to get and what are some good things to get to make it go faster???

Oh yeah I heard oversized cams are a good to get to

The 636 is a great bike, we raced one in '06 and it resonded well to the right combination of mods.

Leo Vince or M4 exhaust, PCIII, BMC air filter and stacks and a few other tricks.

You should also look into upgrading the brakes and possibly a suspension set up.
Give me a call in the a.m. and I can discuss some options for you.

NEED GEAR? We have a great selection in stock but if we need to order it we GUARANTEE FIT!
Where Houston riders go to have their bikes worked on, done right the first time!

muad

1964 FM 1960 West
Houston, TX 77090
Hours: Tues.-Fri. 9:30-6:00 Sat. 9-5:30
www.motorcycles-unlimited.com
http://www.facebook.com/motorcyclesunlimited
e-mail: patrick@motorcycles-unlimited.com
Patrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 09:49 PM   #23
snoopy281
Snoopy

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
2003 GSXR 750

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaligoneTx View Post
We offered our advice, you asked.

I meet riders every weekend on backroads rides that have been on their bike for 2 yrs etc etc. But they ride w the memorized corners from their neighborhood to school etc. Unless they can control their ego and adrenaline, they usually end up in the ditch. Its a sad practice but there are a several I know that take mental bets on whos wrecking/riding off on our rides; and by all nature our rides are very tame(like 10-20 over tops) but it still happens.

And what do we see? First bike,minimal gear, flat center tires, oversized bike for rider experience and usually a loud azz exhaust, stickers, bling, rearsets, levers etc etc.

Trackdays are the best investment you could ever make on your motorcycle experience whether you solely commute, looking to improve awareness skills, ride faster on backroads, or learn how you can control your bike better.

For that matter, I will say it once more: There are a handful of people on here that will ever outride a 250r. Im not close to one of them.

Thxs for the insight
snoopy281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 09:11 PM   #24
timboslice
public punchin bag

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
A quick one

there is alot more to a bike than just power and speed. Like braking handling traction, power delivery etc.... These things are so highly tuned now a days its gonna take alot of know how and money to make it much faster. The biggest improvement will probably be getting on a track and getting some seat time and watching everyone faster than you and see what they are doing different. If you just want a really fast 636 you can look into getting some motor work done. I don't know how much KWS messes with kawi's but they got it figured out with the zuks. Yank that motor out, send it to them with a big wad of cash and they will get you some more power.
timboslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 09:12 PM   #25
timboslice
public punchin bag

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
A quick one

For me the most important part of a bike is tires. Thats what puts it all to the ground.
timboslice is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement