MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Reply
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 12-12-2009, 01:10 AM   #141
Desmorider
Senior Member
 
Desmorider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Central Texas
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 112

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Triumph Street Triple
RVF 400
KTM 450
Drixton Honda 450
Mondial 175






I always wear gear. Still, happens and injuries can occur. New leathers and Alpinestars boots with forcefield armor, Shoei helmet, and Komodo kevlar/carbon gloves. A small off a month ago into a ditch and just flat hit the ground wrong and here is what my ankle looks like recently:

Mopankle026

My leg and ankle are normally about half that diameter, BTW.

Wear your gear, folks, and learn to ride. Maintain your attention and preparedness and keep your head on straight......I can vouch that a moment of inattention or indecision can bite a rider. Skills and focus come in handy when you are about to become a hood ornament or collect an animal.

And if you are selling high powered motorcycles to anybody, keep your conscience clean by at least identifying that their skill level is commensurate with the bike you are selling. I have turned down several buyers over the year.....and made one wait and prove to me over a series of rides that they were ready to move up (GSXR 750 in that case).

I am old enough and experienced enough to feel comfortable with my preachy tone.
__________________
Quitters never win, and winners never quit.

Last edited by Desmorider; 12-12-2009 at 01:14 AM.
Desmorider is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Other peoples pants.... Sifu-TZ Off Topic 15 01-25-2011 03:32 PM
if only Americans were more like these peoples Badzx14r The Circus 25 01-02-2011 03:39 PM
I love them Chinese peoples Badzx14r The Circus 8 10-17-2010 12:26 PM
Where did the thread about the economy and peoples spending go...? Got-Busa? Off Topic 0 07-27-2010 11:37 AM
Guitar & Music Peoples Bastage Off Topic 7 04-22-2010 04:30 PM
Advertisement
Old 12-12-2009, 01:29 AM   #142
klassik
Senior Member
 
klassik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Rosharon Tx
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 7,984

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
929
rnz450








yellow toenails! lol jk
__________________
www.teamstunters.com
klassik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 05:58 AM   #143
Desmorider
Senior Member
 
Desmorider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Central Texas
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 112

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Triumph Street Triple
RVF 400
KTM 450
Drixton Honda 450
Mondial 175






Quote:
Originally Posted by klassik View Post
yellow toenails! lol jk

Yeah, something they put on my feet in preparation for the surgery.
__________________
Quitters never win, and winners never quit.
Desmorider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 01:21 PM   #144
switch
two fifty
 
switch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 7,237

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 10+











Quote:
Originally Posted by gsxr'stunna View Post
why does everyone got to be such a douche?
why do you have pics of guns in your album?
__________________
CMRA #250
"Me? I stand for uncertainty, insecurity, bad taste, fun, and things that go boom in the night."
switch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 01:30 PM   #145
switch
two fifty
 
switch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 7,237

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 10+











Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow View Post
Yep. People seem to randomly diss my "shitty," "noob," "girly," etc... ninja 650 on here to be honest... Thot that was what you were up to.
<---ninja 650r's are where its at!
__________________
CMRA #250
"Me? I stand for uncertainty, insecurity, bad taste, fun, and things that go boom in the night."
switch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 01:31 PM   #146
switch
two fifty
 
switch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 7,237

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 10+











ok and i just read all 8 pages of this thread. wow.
__________________
CMRA #250
"Me? I stand for uncertainty, insecurity, bad taste, fun, and things that go boom in the night."
switch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 07:30 PM   #147
69z28lt1
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 133












Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerSurgeD View Post
wow you took it all wrong, ok to clear it, i dont ride the streets and if i do it's cause of events, i ride in a parking lot

and i dont have a huge ego at all...my point is i have a squid on my arm for when fools show up trying pow pow's i simply lift up my shirt to others and we all laugh..it's a inside thing....sorry about your friend...but thats the reason why i dont ride streets
Nice jacket..

hehe, had too!

and props on your skills!
__________________
brets sig
69z28lt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 09:59 PM   #148
TeamKoester
TeamKoester
 
TeamKoester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Montgomery/Huntsville Texas
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 17

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
Triumph Daytona
Gsxr600
Gsxr750







Quote:
Originally Posted by Tojo92 View Post
Hey, e-thug, do you kiss your momma with that mouth? Never mind, I can guess.

That quote I made about the family tree was mainly directed at you being a dumb@$$, but as figured, you missed that.

Might want to back off the crack pipe, I'm a nice guy, but I can get real mean if I want to.

Oh wait, I'd have to care for it to bother me. Never mind again.

Carrry on wit dem mad skilz.

How was i being a dumb***? And dont threaten me with that "i can get real mean ." And i just got tired of everybody bein an ahole. im terribly sorry if i hurt your feelings sweetheart, are you gonna be okay?
TeamKoester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 10:02 PM   #149
TeamKoester
TeamKoester
 
TeamKoester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Montgomery/Huntsville Texas
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 17

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
Triumph Daytona
Gsxr600
Gsxr750







Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmorider View Post
I always wear gear. Still, happens and injuries can occur. New leathers and Alpinestars boots with forcefield armor, Shoei helmet, and Komodo kevlar/carbon gloves. A small off a month ago into a ditch and just flat hit the ground wrong and here is what my ankle looks like recently:

Mopankle026

My leg and ankle are normally about half that diameter, BTW.

Wear your gear, folks, and learn to ride. Maintain your attention and preparedness and keep your head on straight......I can vouch that a moment of inattention or indecision can bite a rider. Skills and focus come in handy when you are about to become a hood ornament or collect an animal.

And if you are selling high powered motorcycles to anybody, keep your conscience clean by at least identifying that their skill level is commensurate with the bike you are selling. I have turned down several buyers over the year.....and made one wait and prove to me over a series of rides that they were ready to move up (GSXR 750 in that case).

I am old enough and experienced enough to feel comfortable with my preachy tone.
Amen.
TeamKoester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 10:05 PM   #150
TeamKoester
TeamKoester
 
TeamKoester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Montgomery/Huntsville Texas
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 17

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
Triumph Daytona
Gsxr600
Gsxr750







'

Last edited by TeamKoester; 12-14-2009 at 10:08 PM.
TeamKoester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 10:05 PM   #151
TeamKoester
TeamKoester
 
TeamKoester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Montgomery/Huntsville Texas
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 17

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
Triumph Daytona
Gsxr600
Gsxr750







Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerSurgeD View Post
wow you took it all wrong, ok to clear it, i dont ride the streets and if i do it's cause of events, i ride in a parking lot

and i dont have a huge ego at all...my point is i have a squid on my arm for when fools show up trying pow pow's i simply lift up my shirt to others and we all laugh..it's a inside thing....sorry about your friend...but thats the reason why i dont ride streets
Nice. Do you know Cory Mcloed(mclowd)?
TeamKoester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 10:09 PM   #152
Tojo92
AKA Mongo
 
Tojo92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Cedar Park, TX
Feedback Rating: (7)
Posts: 5,142

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
1994 Ducati 900 SS/SP
2003 Honda CRF450R motard
2002 Husqvarna NOX
2001 KTM Duke II






Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamKoester View Post
How was i being a dumb***? And dont threaten me with that "i can get real mean ." And i just got tired of everybody bein an ahole. im terribly sorry if i hurt your feelings sweetheart, are you gonna be okay?
Ahhhhh.....I'm sorry too, want a hug?

Nah, not really.



It wasn't a threat, I was just sayin.

Carry on.

__________________
CMRA#665 (neighbor of the beast)
The Problem - Endurance
Tojo92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 10:17 PM   #153
miguel!!
dont forget the streets
 
miguel!!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: houston north west
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 3,566

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
f thrill




Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamKoester View Post
Nice. Do you know Cory Mcloed(mclowd)?
hey do you know that gixxer stunna on here?
__________________
miguel!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 10:20 PM   #154
CaligoneTx
Forest Gnome Tour Guide
 
CaligoneTx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Valhalla
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 21,558

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
Triumph 675r
Ducati 748
Hyosungs (250r + 650r)
Honda 900rr
Suzuki Busa1300r (+2 bikes)






Send a message via AIM to CaligoneTx Send a message via Yahoo to CaligoneTx
No parent wants to burry their kids. Its harsh reality that will effect you every day of the rest of your life. I know.


But kids need to be able to make their own mistakes and will if you let them make their own choices. You can only hope they listen to you and you led a good enough example for them to follow so long as they arent getting the examples elsewhere.

That said, be an example to others no matter what form of riding you prefer. Will we be good influences all the time? Nope. If we were trying we would be riding bicycles and driving chevy malibus w a governed 65mph engine and a 5 star crash rating.

Seems like everytime someone passes some of us get together for lunch and I constantly hear the people that lead rides or others look up to talk about how they could be better influences to others that are riding with them. A couple weeks later people are back to nearly the same antics as before.

Last point, we all started somewhere. If you really want to push your point on new riders or new people to the forums instead of just sounding like a complete douche, think about how you felt when you were in their position. If you can understand their position you'll know why they want to be fast, do it all, learn it all right off the bat. Experience and if you're lucky enough surviving a wreck is usually what makes us set in our ways.

I'll get off my soapbox. Im guilty being an influence on this community too.
__________________
triumphsig
CaligoneTx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 11:53 PM   #155
Tojo92
AKA Mongo
 
Tojo92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Cedar Park, TX
Feedback Rating: (7)
Posts: 5,142

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
1994 Ducati 900 SS/SP
2003 Honda CRF450R motard
2002 Husqvarna NOX
2001 KTM Duke II






Good post.
__________________
CMRA#665 (neighbor of the beast)
The Problem - Endurance
Tojo92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 01:28 AM   #156
gsxr'stunna
Senior Member
 
gsxr'stunna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: montgomery
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 688

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
01 f4i stunt
07 gsxr600 stunt
2003 rc51


Member Garage





im sorry my nefew is on here guys, he dont even have a bike he's 15 and has never had the front wheel of a bike he was driving off the gound, all the pics he has posted in his gallery including MY 929RR in his avitar are all my bikes ive owned at one time, sorry he's a and making me look like an idiot. and sorry i ever mention i "stunt" what i meant is that i can ride a wheelie and do stoppies and small gas tank wheelies and very short highchairs. i cant do circle wheelies or anything like that. i am learning. now, teamkoester (john), get the of this thread your making yourself a big dumbass
gsxr'stunna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 01:50 AM   #157
gsxr'stunna
Senior Member
 
gsxr'stunna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: montgomery
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 688

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
01 f4i stunt
07 gsxr600 stunt
2003 rc51


Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by switch View Post
why do you have pics of guns in your album?
because i like guns, and when i buy a new gun i like to email pics to my friends. is it that strang to have pics of my guns in my photobucket account? i just sold a s&w 460 on motohouston(the thread is in non-moto for sale) and i used photobucket to post the pics.
gsxr'stunna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 08:10 PM   #158
TeamKoester
TeamKoester
 
TeamKoester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Montgomery/Huntsville Texas
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 17

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
Triumph Daytona
Gsxr600
Gsxr750







Quote:
Originally Posted by miguel!! View Post
hey do you know that gixxer stunna on here?
Yeah, why?
TeamKoester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 08:12 PM   #159
TeamKoester
TeamKoester
 
TeamKoester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Montgomery/Huntsville Texas
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 17

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
Triumph Daytona
Gsxr600
Gsxr750







Quote:
Originally Posted by CaligoneTx View Post
No parent wants to burry their kids. Its harsh reality that will effect you every day of the rest of your life. I know.


But kids need to be able to make their own mistakes and will if you let them make their own choices. You can only hope they listen to you and you led a good enough example for them to follow so long as they arent getting the examples elsewhere.

That said, be an example to others no matter what form of riding you prefer. Will we be good influences all the time? Nope. If we were trying we would be riding bicycles and driving chevy malibus w a governed 65mph engine and a 5 star crash rating.

Seems like everytime someone passes some of us get together for lunch and I constantly hear the people that lead rides or others look up to talk about how they could be better influences to others that are riding with them. A couple weeks later people are back to nearly the same antics as before.

Last point, we all started somewhere. If you really want to push your point on new riders or new people to the forums instead of just sounding like a complete douche, think about how you felt when you were in their position. If you can understand their position you'll know why they want to be fast, do it all, learn it all right off the bat. Experience and if you're lucky enough surviving a wreck is usually what makes us set in our ways.

I'll get off my soapbox. Im guilty being an influence on this community too.
dont think it couldve been said any better.
TeamKoester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 08:25 PM   #160
TeamKoester
TeamKoester
 
TeamKoester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Montgomery/Huntsville Texas
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 17

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
Triumph Daytona
Gsxr600
Gsxr750







Quote:
Originally Posted by miguel!! View Post
hey do you know that gixxer stunna on here?
yeah hes a total ***got hes the biggest douche bag and hates my guts so dont believe a word he says about stunting or anything
TeamKoester is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:08 PM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy