MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Information > Events, Meets and Rides
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 11-30-2009, 01:12 AM   #101
Helios
Back again again...

Feedback Rating: (9)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
06 Silver Gixxer

Member Garage

I wouldn't sell that old goat. She's a good friend of mine.

Gonna look to replace the broken items cheaply, get her back to a respectable state. Keep her for a while. Although this ride really did show me how uncomfortable it is compared to my sportsbike.

Strange as that sounds.
Helios is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FAYETTEVILLE 2/12/11 OFFICIAL PICS & VIDS THREAD trooper Events, Meets and Rides 101 05-08-2013 10:28 AM
Saturday, 5/28/11, early morning ride. jimrad Events, Meets and Rides 15 05-31-2011 08:04 PM
FAYETTEVILLE SATURDAY 3-26-11 DannyBoy Events, Meets and Rides 89 04-01-2011 04:44 AM
Backdoor Fayetteville Ride - Saturday 11-20-10 Deano3090 Events, Meets and Rides 27 11-20-2010 12:34 AM
Fayetteville ride Saturday 11/28? Helios Events, Meets and Rides 62 11-25-2009 11:09 AM
Advertisement
Old 11-30-2009, 01:13 AM   #102
texlurch
Official MH tag inspector

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
04 ZX-10R
02 ZX-12R BOTM 12/11
00 ZX-12R
07 GSXR 600
00 TL1000R BOTM 07/12 (sold)

Member Garage

Ebay is your friend!
.... Home of the "Black Ninja's"
texlurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 01:39 AM   #103
Helios
Back again again...

Bike(s):
06 Silver Gixxer

Member Garage

I'm on it now good sir! Thank you....
Old 11-30-2009, 10:07 AM   #104
D_VTX1800

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 9-12 months

Bike(s):
2007 VTX1800

Hello everyone.

I was the one driving the VTX, It was a fun ride until that corner. All I remember was seeing a red bike and another bike up in the air, then next thing I know Roland is in the back of my bike leaning against my fender. When I first approached him he was talking nonsense, like trying to talk but the words would not come out. We moved my bike out of the way and Roland wanted to get up but we wouldn't let him.

It is good to hear that everyone was fine and got home safe. It was definitely a learning experience and will be riding again with the group.

Oh yeah on the way home we got pulled over by a State Trooper for going 72 on 65, we only got warnings...but he actually pulled us over for going 7 miles over the limit.
D_VTX1800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 01:29 PM   #105
CDN_bacon
Eh?

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
VFR800
CRF 250X

Quote:
Originally Posted by texlurch View Post
Hey, Chris was saying how much he enjoyed riding your bike back, thru the rain and all.... he might be in the market...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helios View Post
Although this ride really did show me how uncomfortable it is compared to my sportsbike.

Strange as that sounds.
Dude, you have no idea. Riding your bike back to Houston was the first time I've taken a crusier on a run longer than 10 min and man, I was f'n tired by the time I go back just from having the wind blasting me the whole ride home. Of course that, combined with the fact that I have short legs I felt like my feet would going to slip off the pegs and end up under the bike. Fact: legs should go downward when on a bike, not forward like in a stirup at a gyn office.

"When I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True Story" - Barney Stinson
CDN_bacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 03:48 PM   #106
Helios
Back again again...

Bike(s):
06 Silver Gixxer

Member Garage

Chris you. That was so funny my fkng ribs hurt now! Hahah... Ow Ow Ow! Lol... I started on a cruiser, so going to a sport bike was like crouching over a cliff to take a while holding on to a bar. When you're our height it takes a while to get used to any new position. Thanks again. VTX what other bikes went off the road? Did you get any damage to your cruiser? You look real familiar dude. Have we ridden the forest before?
Old 11-30-2009, 04:04 PM   #107
CDN_bacon
Eh?

Bike(s):
VFR800
CRF 250X

Quote:
VTX what other bikes went off the road? Did you get any damage to your cruiser?
You, VTX (the other cruiser) and the 2 '06 CBRs (one black and one red belonging to Alex and Alan). The red one went down and had fairing dmg, you seen the post from him complaining about being sore, and the black cbr didn't go down from my understanding. ...and little talked about, but I actually went off on a turn about a mile up the road from you guys. My head wasn't in it and I realized I was going into a sharp 90 way too hot....stood the bike up and braked, rolled into the grass a few feet before I rolled back on the shoulder and realized no one was behind me. Luckily for me the grass off the shoulder was flat and there was no ditch.

"When I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True Story" - Barney Stinson
Old 11-30-2009, 04:16 PM   #108
texlurch

Bike(s):
04 ZX-10R
02 ZX-12R BOTM 12/11
00 ZX-12R
07 GSXR 600

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDN_bacon View Post
Dude, you have no idea. Riding your bike back to Houston was the first time I've taken a crusier on a run longer than 10 min and man, I was f'n tired by the time I go back just from having the wind blasting me the whole ride home. Of course that, combined with the fact that I have short legs I felt like my feet would going to slip off the pegs and end up under the bike. Fact: legs should go downward when on a bike, not forward like in a stirup at a gyn office.
and then when we got back to the CITGO I almost had to kick him outta my truck... something about being warm and comfy in the leather seat and not wanting to get back on his bike...
Old 11-30-2009, 04:44 PM   #109
Helios
Back again again...

Bike(s):
06 Silver Gixxer

Member Garage

looks like this ride got the best of several of us. I have good faith in my physical handling abilities, unfortunately i let my mental guard down since the ride was going fairly smoothly. Hope to rebuild my cruiser and take a few more shots at this route. Anyone know what Alex and Alan's screen names are?
Old 11-30-2009, 04:58 PM   #110
texlurch

Bike(s):
04 ZX-10R
02 ZX-12R BOTM 12/11
00 ZX-12R
07 GSXR 600

Member Garage

When I get back in Jan, hopefully it will warm up a little and you should be healing up, so we'll try again with a little smaller group!
Old 11-30-2009, 05:05 PM   #111
Helios
Back again again...

Bike(s):
06 Silver Gixxer

Member Garage

Sounds like a plan Jim. No chili or concussion for me next time.
Old 11-30-2009, 05:11 PM   #112
CDN_bacon
Eh?

Bike(s):
VFR800
CRF 250X

what we should do is put together a small group, say 6ish and head over to hill country for a weekend. Nothing like riding the 3 sisters!

Old 11-30-2009, 05:53 PM   #113
Helios
Back again again...

Bike(s):
06 Silver Gixxer

Member Garage

Thinking of taking the gixxer out next time. I'm more alert and it handles much better. Maybe next meet spot could be Waffle House!
Old 11-30-2009, 06:06 PM   #114
Dirty Dee
Still Dirty

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
CBR1000RR deer killer
GIXXER deer killer
VFR800 RIP
VFR800 RIP

Glad to hear you're doing better Roland! just remember you're a lefty now
I agree with you tho, you should fix and keep your cruiser. its a comfy bike for the city, and for slow rides in the back roads.
if you need any help putting it back together let me know and I'll help you.

PS: thats the last time I sacrifice my bike for the well being of the whole group
Old 11-30-2009, 08:53 PM   #115
Helios
Back again again...

Bike(s):
06 Silver Gixxer

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viffer'06 View Post
Glad to hear you're doing better Roland! just remember you're a lefty now
I agree with you tho, you should fix and keep your cruiser. its a comfy bike for the city, and for slow rides in the back roads.
if you need any help putting it back together let me know and I'll help you.

PS: thats the last time I sacrifice my bike for the well being of the whole group
Hey Hugo, there you are. Yeah, the little soldier aint getting any action soon. Lefty or righty!

I'm still on the fence about whether to fix it myself or file a claim and get it all back and pretty. If I do decide to do it myself, I'll give you a call man. Thanks for the offer.
Old 11-30-2009, 10:11 PM   #116
D_VTX1800

Experience: 9-12 months

Bike(s):
2007 VTX1800

Quote:
Chris you. That was so funny my fkng ribs hurt now! Hahah... Ow Ow Ow! Lol... I started on a cruiser, so going to a sport bike was like crouching over a cliff to take a while holding on to a bar. When you're our height it takes a while to get used to any new position. Thanks again. VTX what other bikes went off the road? Did you get any damage to your cruiser? You look real familiar dude. Have we ridden the forest before?
I did not get any damage on my bike, I had a lot of dirt underneath it but nothing else. Last time I rode Forest was with a group of VTX owners we went to College Station, it was about 21 bikes. Not sure if you were there. But hope you feel better soon to go riding again.
D_VTX1800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 06:37 AM   #117
CDN_bacon
Eh?

Bike(s):
VFR800
CRF 250X

Thumbs up

You know Roland, with that collar bone it's goign to be a couple months before your back up and running again to put weight down on the arm/shoulder...that's a long time with no riding (bikes of course). I'm sure if you asked nicely myself or one of the guys will let you ride so you can get out (sorry, I'm stuck offshore on an oil rig and trying to find some humour in my days). get well dude

Old 12-01-2009, 07:11 AM   #118
Helios
Back again again...

Bike(s):
06 Silver Gixxer

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDN_bacon View Post
You know Roland, with that collar bone it's goign to be a couple months before your back up and running again to put weight down on the arm/shoulder...that's a long time with no riding (bikes of course). I'm sure if you asked nicely myself or one of the guys will let you ride so you can get out (sorry, I'm stuck offshore on an oil rig and trying to find some humour in my days). get well dude
And as revenge, I will gladly take you up on that!

Just as a warning, the little soldier aint getting any action cause the strong hand is down... so be expecting an eventful ride!

Actually that's not much of a problem. I've decided to take it slowly anyway, it's Xmas and New Year coming up. The cold rainy months are here. I have a very busy schedule so a bit of down time will be cool with me. The fractured collarbone is annoying as . Can't do much without twisting it, causing some weight shift or muscle tension that pulls on the bone.
Old 12-01-2009, 07:52 AM   #119
02yamr6
P-town Rider

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
06 CBR 600 RR

Helios I hope that you get better man. Take care of that shoulder and get some rest.
02yamr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 09:03 AM   #120
Helios
Back again again...

Bike(s):
06 Silver Gixxer

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02yamr6 View Post
Helios I hope that you get better man. Take care of that shoulder and get some rest.
Thanks man. Everyday seems like something else hurts or aches different than the day before. I'm toughing it through and been working since sunday, but i'm looking forward to my days off.

Advertisement