MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 11-25-2009, 01:06 AM   #1
DannyBoy

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
06 GSXR 1000
03 RM 100
FIDDY
06 DRZ400SM
08 CAN AM SPYDER

Roads in Arkansas?

I will be driving thru Arkansas from St Louis right after Thanksgiving. Can you suggest some roads to ride?

Thanks
DannyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Greetings from Arkansas Intermission General Discussion (Moto Related) 26 06-10-2010 12:06 PM
Advice on NW Arkansas Roads... 07CBR General Discussion (Moto Related) 8 02-18-2009 02:37 AM
Arkansas anyone?? Japawhat02 Events, Meets and Rides 22 07-16-2008 12:01 PM
Arkansas roads? 07CBR General Discussion (Moto Related) 14 05-18-2008 09:27 PM
Advertisement
Old 11-25-2009, 11:30 AM   #2
FlipSideUp
This Flip Rides Nekkid

Feedback Rating: (13)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'03 Honda 919 Hornet
'89 Yamaha FZR400 Trackbike
'83 Honda CB650SC Nighthawk
'07 Step-2 (ok, it's my daughter's)

PM Houtex. He just rode Arkansas about 2 weeks ago. Or search his posts, since he asked the same question prior to his departure.
FlipSideUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 01:07 PM   #3
houtex
Hit'n the track pipe

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 1-3 months

I had a great time riding in Arkansas. Thanks to JMac and Thermalser for their suggestions for routes.

I rode from Houston to Hot Springs and then over to Eureka Springs and then to St. Louis to visit my brother and his family. So are you riding from Houston to St. Louis or riding from St. Louis to Houston?

First route/routes (AR 7 and AR 123)

If from St. Louis, I would take 44 West and get to Springfield, MO. Then you have to decide what you want to do based on your time table. If you have a lot of time/days then go from Springfield down to Harrison, AR (this route).

Once in Harrison, you should take (this route) to get to Jasper. You have to decide if want to do the AR7 route south from Jasper or get on AR 123. Both are great rides with sweepers and twistys and up/down rollercoaster type roads. I did both but have to say I liked AR 123 slightly better.

AR 123 southbound will eventually meet up with AR 7 going south to until you hit I-40 which runs East/West across Arkansas. You can keep going south on AR 7 to Hot Springs (which includes this awesome stretch of road) which will meet up with I-30 and then take it west to Texarkana and on to Houston.

If you dont have a lot of time or just want to keep riding in a southerly direction towards Houston, I would go from St. Louis to Springfield and then take (this route) to Eureka Springs. Fantastic town that is an artists enclave. Then from Eureka Springs go south on AR 23 (The Pig Trail) to I-40 and then you make your own route south to Texarkana and on to Houston.

I was going north from Houston to St. Louis so I went to Hot Springs. Did AR 7 and AR 123 and then rode to Eureka Springs and then on to St. Louis and back thru Memphis, Little Rock, Texarkana to Houston.

This was my first moto trip and it was amazing. I will be going to Arkansas every year from now on if not more if I can.

Hope this helps.

Two vids I made :

AR 7 between Ola and Jessiville:

AR 23 north to Eureka Springs:

laguna sig

Last edited by houtex; 11-25-2009 at 01:10 PM.
houtex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 01:36 PM   #4
Thermalser

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
FZ1, GSXR 750

Joe- glad you had a good ride. AR roads are addicting.
Old 11-25-2009, 08:58 PM   #5
DannyBoy

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
06 GSXR 1000
03 RM 100
FIDDY
06 DRZ400SM
08 CAN AM SPYDER

I will be going from St Louis to Houston. Thanks for the roads. Looks like fun.
DannyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement