Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 11-24-2009, 02:15 PM   #21
Pyrofallout
<<<< S.B.N. >>>>

Feedback Rating: (31)

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 10+

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebee View Post
I served on three traffic court jurys. If his story is convincing he has a shot at getting out of it.
If he stays with the judge maybe not so much.

BTW radar doesn't always pick up the biggest object, the cops use a fairly tight beam unit so it will either pick up the object it is aimed at or it will pick up the object with the greatest radar reflectivity. Maybe the biggest, maybe not. Several bikes might out-reflect a single car.
not necessarily. as far as radar goes generalizations wont cut it. it all depends on what they are using, from what I understand most dash/deck mounted guns are not set to as tight pattern. now some handhelds may have a tighter pattern but it all depends on the actual details of OP's case. He just better hope he knows what the he is talking about and they didn't actually get him with LIDAR, in which case he is F'ed in the A. Cause then his excuse is about as useful as a screen door on a submarine.

there is large number of people in the Houston area from radardetector.net and they have meets where they have on hand many different laser and radar guns to test and play with, you gain a whole lot more understanding of the devices when you actually use them.
Pyrofallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Anyone sitting near here?? ducwife75 General Discussion (Moto Related) 22 04-20-2013 10:20 PM
Need help with dog sitting... Josue1300 Off Topic 13 06-10-2012 05:01 PM
Who's sitting home? gtdrivr Off Topic 7 11-19-2009 04:05 PM
Supreme Court: 'Gitmo Detainees Have Rights in Court' CaJuNsOuLjA The Circus 185 06-17-2008 03:49 PM
Advertisement
Old 11-24-2009, 06:40 PM   #22
ParAvion
Mr. Misanthrope

Feedback Rating: (0)

Long story short I chickened out the proscecutor said If I lose it's $600 vs $200 deferred. FYI out of 100 people there 80 of them got to go because of cop no show. Cop no showed on me last time. Lesson learned ALWAYS take it to trial and then defer then if you néed to. Pointless paying the ticket up front.
ParAvion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 06:41 PM   #23
Pyrofallout
<<<< S.B.N. >>>>

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParAvion View Post
Long story short I chickened out the proscecutor said If I lose it's $600 vs $200 deferred. FYI out of 100 people there 80 of them got to go because of cop no show. Cop no showed on me last time. Lesson learned ALWAYS take it to trial and then defer then if you néed to. Pointless paying the ticket up front.
Not if you lose more than $200 sitting in court missing work it isn't.
Old 11-24-2009, 06:42 PM   #24
Moc05
Safety Third

Feedback Rating: (10)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2007 ZZR600(Sold)
2008 ZX-10R(Stolen)
2014 Honda Grom

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to Moc05 Send a message via Yahoo to Moc05
Quote:

If you take it to trial there is no plea bargain
Moc05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 06:45 PM   #25
ParAvion
Mr. Misanthrope

Plea on a traffic ticket ? Well I don't lose money or work but you're right about that part if you gotta factor that in. You know what F the 5-0
Old 11-24-2009, 06:46 PM   #26
Pyrofallout
<<<< S.B.N. >>>>

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moctezuma05 View Post
If you take it to trial there is no plea bargain
BS. I have taken a ticket to trial in Harris and left the courthouse with deferred adjudication.

And to be honest, their is no PLEA bargain for traffic tickets, really unless you have a case, it's you pay the ticket and STFU, or you take defensive driving and/or deferred adjudication and STFU, the word bargain is a far cry from what actually happens.
Old 11-24-2009, 06:47 PM   #27
Moc05
Safety Third

Bike(s):
2007 ZZR600(Sold)
2008 ZX-10R(Stolen)
2014 Honda Grom

Member Garage

Quote:
Plea on a traffic ticket ? Well I don't lose money or work but you're eight about that part.
Well from my understanding if you take it to court and fight it, at that point you either lose and pay the fine or win and pay nothing. They don't give you the deferred option.
Old 11-24-2009, 06:49 PM   #28
Moc05
Safety Third

Bike(s):
2007 ZZR600(Sold)
2008 ZX-10R(Stolen)
2014 Honda Grom

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrofallout View Post
BS. I have taken a ticket to trial in Harris and left the courthouse with deferred adjudication.

And to be honest, their is no PLEA bargain for traffic tickets, really unless you have a case, it's you pay the ticket and STFU, or you take defensive driving and/or deferred adjudication and STFU, the word bargain is a far cry from what actually happens.
I see, I have never taken it to trial because of that. Always either gets dismissed or take deferred
Old 11-24-2009, 06:50 PM   #29
Pyrofallout
<<<< S.B.N. >>>>

Member Garage

Quote:
Well from my understanding if you take it to court and fight it, at that point you either lose and pay the fine or win and pay nothing. They don't give you the deferred option.
If you enter a plea of not guilty and fight the ticket, then yes, but when the DA calls you up and discusses your case it is very possible to make an arranagement there. Trust me, I have done it.

Speeding 65 mph over the limit, was given deferred adjudication 120 days, had to take defensive driving, and had to pay a few hundred bucks. Needless to say, I think that was fair.
Old 11-24-2009, 06:50 PM   #30
ParAvion
Mr. Misanthrope

Quote:
DId you miss the part where I was offered deferred before trial. Same tricks attorneys do.
Old 11-24-2009, 06:55 PM   #31
Moc05
Safety Third

Bike(s):
2007 ZZR600(Sold)
2008 ZX-10R(Stolen)
2014 Honda Grom

Member Garage

Quote:
DId you miss the part where I was offered deferred before trial. Same tricks attorneys do.
Yes I did. Thought you were just meeting with the DA for the first time.

So just to get this straight, if you go and tell them you want to take it to trial, the day of your trial you talk with the DA again and he can still offer deferred to you?
Old 11-24-2009, 11:07 PM   #32
ParAvion
Mr. Misanthrope

Yes they don't want it going to trial. They want their money 100% You can also reschedule and then come back again and hope the cop no shows that time. That's what lawyers do.

Advertisement