MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 11-23-2009, 12:22 PM   #1
BigComfy

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
SV1k (sold)
CRB6 Track Bike (sold)
Daytona 1200 (parted)
1st Gen FZ1 (sold)
1st Gen SV650 (sold)

Member Garage

Thumbs up BMW S1000rr First Ride

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/65/510...irst-Ride.aspx
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Test ride a BMW S1000rr Colonel General Discussion (Moto Related) 44 04-25-2011 08:38 AM
BMW S1000RR Colonel Events, Meets and Rides 33 04-13-2011 09:49 AM
Advertisement
Old 11-23-2009, 12:25 PM   #2
gixxerbill

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
K5 GSXR 1000
2008 Goldwing 1832 cc
Bourget Low Blow Chopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigComfy View Post
you dog I thought you rode it.
Old 11-23-2009, 12:28 PM   #3
BigComfy

Bike(s):
SV1k (sold)
CRB6 Track Bike (sold)
Daytona 1200 (parted)
1st Gen FZ1 (sold)
1st Gen SV650 (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxerbill View Post
you dog I thought you rode it.
That would be the shiznit!!!
Old 11-24-2009, 10:20 AM   #4
BigComfy

Bike(s):
SV1k (sold)
CRB6 Track Bike (sold)
Daytona 1200 (parted)
1st Gen FZ1 (sold)
1st Gen SV650 (sold)

Member Garage

here is a short video I took at Eximports the other day

Old 11-24-2009, 07:10 PM   #5
GAU-8
official thread ender.

Trackdays: 1

a little dissapointed with all the techno trickery to dumb down the power of the bike. but hey its still 150 HP on the "rain " setting. not too bad.
GAU-8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 07:37 PM   #6
CaligoneTx
Forest Gnome Tour Guide

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
Triumph 675r
Ducati 748
Hyosungs (250r + 650r)
Honda 900rr
Suzuki Busa1300r (+2 bikes)

Send a message via AIM to CaligoneTx Send a message via Yahoo to CaligoneTx
Symetry in design is not for the Germans
Old 11-25-2009, 08:52 AM   #7
BigComfy

Bike(s):
SV1k (sold)
CRB6 Track Bike (sold)
Daytona 1200 (parted)
1st Gen FZ1 (sold)
1st Gen SV650 (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAU-8 View Post
a little dissapointed with all the techno trickery to dumb down the power of the bike. but hey its still 150 HP on the "rain " setting. not too bad.
The techno trickery is for the safety of the rider and IMO is needed for most of us that would ride a 190hp 400 lb machine. All of the technology package is pretty impressive especially for the price IMO. Yes, you do have a pay a bit more for the full package but it is still a reasonable deal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaligoneTx View Post
Symetry in design is not for the Germans
True dat....they don't have the poser design skills of the Japanese. We all know posing always trumps performance when it comes to purchasing a bike...
Old 11-25-2009, 12:21 PM   #8
GAU-8
official thread ender.

I understand what your saying .......but in my eyes, if one cant handle the power of the machine, and understand its characteristics, then maybe one shouldnt be looking at owning it

I do see your point of view, but maybe that item should be an option. (or is it? i may have missed it, if it was)
Old 11-25-2009, 12:31 PM   #9
BigComfy

Bike(s):
SV1k (sold)
CRB6 Track Bike (sold)
Daytona 1200 (parted)
1st Gen FZ1 (sold)
1st Gen SV650 (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
This 1000cc bike puts out 193 horsepower, weighs only 404 pounds and comes with 4-stage Race ABS system with settings for rain, race, sport and slick conditions. The base price for the bike is $13,800 and comes with several factory-fit options.

Race ABS and Dynamic Traction Control combined can be added to your S1000 RR for $1480. The Race ABS without Dynamic Traction Control is priced at $1000. The Race ABS and Dynamic Traction Control combined is new technology where the multi-stage Dynamic Traction Control allows smooth acceleration on wet roads and can change settings depending on the road and on riding conditions. Another option is the Gear Shift Assistant that allows clutchless upshifts during acceleration. This is priced at $450. An Anti Theft Alarm is tagged at $395 and the Motorsports Paint Scheme is at $750.

The new BMW S1000 RR is $1000-odd more expensive than the 2009 Yamaha R1 and the 2009 Honda CBR1000RR at its base price. After adding in the ABS and Dynamic Traction Control and the Gear Shift Assistant, the BMW S1000 RR is expected to be at least $3000 more than its Yamaha and Honda competitors. Write in and tell us if you think the BMW S1000 RR would be worth that little bit more.

Scroll down to read the whole BMW 2010 S1000 RR Press Release.
Quote:
US Pricing On The S1000RR Is Announced

Today BMW Motorrad USA announced the pricing on the 2010 S 1000 RR and its factory installed options.

BMW introduced the most anticipated new sport bike in recent memory, the S 1000 RR, at the famed Monza racetrack during the Superbike World Championship races. And since the launch date the sport bike fans everywhere have been eagerly awaiting the price of this new Superbike from BMW.

The S 1000 RR has been designed to offer the most complete supersport package with class-leading power and performance combined with cutting edge technology and competitive pricing.

We’re very pleased to announce the pricing on the 2010 BMW S 1000 RR:
MSRP*: $13,800.00
Options:
Race ABS (excluding DTC): $1,000.00
Race ABS and Dynamic Traction Control (DTC) Combined: $1,480.00
Gear Shift Assistant: $450.00
Anti Theft Alarm: $395.00
Motorsports Paint Scheme: $750.00

The options include either standalone new 4-stage Race ABS or Race ABS combined with multi-stage Dynamic Traction Control. Other must have options include the truly awesome Gear Shift Assistant that allows clutchless upshifts during acceleration, Anti Theft Alarm and the WSBK-inspired Motorsports Paint Scheme.

This new Superbike from BMW weighing only 404 lbs, and putting out a massive 193 hp, is one of the most potent, sophisticated and lightest sport bikes ever unleashed on the planet. The new S 1000 RR is the most powerful production 1000cc sport bike in the world.

In addition to the most potent power plant in its class, the BMW S 1000 RR introduces new technical features such as the first-ever 4-stage Race ABS system with settings for Rain, Sport, Race and Slick conditions. This groundbreaking new ABS weighs only about 5.5 lbs complete, which is nearly 20 lbs lighter than the competition.

The S 1000 RR also introduces a new multi-stage Dynamic Traction Control (DTC) which allows smooth acceleration on wet roads, or puts down full-on power on the track and settings in between depending on the road and riding conditions.

With its highly distinctive new asymmetrical headlights, which follow the very elegant and unique asymmetrical panels, this first BMW Superbike promises to standout from the crowd of liter-class bikes.

For more info about this awesome new BMW and to see and hear this Superbike in person, please visit www.BMWPlanetPower.com and check out the S 1000 RR US Tour Calendar.

The new S 1000 RR is scheduled to be released in the US by early 2010.
Old 11-25-2009, 12:41 PM   #10
chase
LOCTITE

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
07 yamaha R6

I want one, cool to see they brought over the horizontally split crankcase idea from the s85 engine.
Old 11-25-2009, 01:26 PM   #11
GAU-8
official thread ender.

i'll take undiluted please!

Advertisement