Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Stunters Lounge
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 11-23-2009, 01:23 PM   #21
albertinhouston

Feedback Rating: (2)

Here is a crazy thought how about cleaning up after yourself ???? Just because you give the guy money he still has to put out an effort for cleaning up. There are calls to make, now he has to make sure the company does they are paid to do... Too much extra work for hte owner. what about clean up after yourselves and throw the guy a couple of bones every once in a while. All he wants is the parking lot to be the way it was when he left the day before. Its really not a crazy request from him.
I've been to allot of racing spots and talked to the cops over the years(got caught) and that is #1 reason they come out. owners are just tired of the mess... fix that and your spot can enjoyed for a long time.
albertinhouston is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
City is My Playground? darranwil General Discussion (Moto Related) 10 08-02-2013 11:06 PM
devils playground / pikes peak crash! bentgixxer Off Topic 5 08-14-2012 08:47 AM
Advertisement
Old 11-23-2009, 02:10 PM   #22
JRxGRUBZx

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
O-six six durty six (r.i.p)
07 zx6r (rip)
o-five six durty six (rip)
01 f4i - yes yes im a trader .

I don't agree with telling people to leave a spot if they see us riding. That's kind of stuck up and gay.

Like all bull aside it's sad if someone can't sit and watch .. Just have a talk with them and let them know that the spot is kind of exclusive and you don't want alot of people over there.
But whatever floats peoples boats but you never know the guy watching on the bike could very well be friends with they guy of the company. Lol and there goes your secret spot.
JRxGRUBZx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 02:12 PM   #23
JRxGRUBZx

Bike(s):
07 zx6r (rip)

Quote:
Originally Posted by albertinhouston View Post
Here is a crazy thought how about cleaning up after yourself ???? Just because you give the guy money he still has to put out an effort for cleaning up. There are calls to make, now he has to make sure the company does they are paid to do... Too much extra work for hte owner. what about clean up after yourselves and throw the guy a couple of bones every once in a while. All he wants is the parking lot to be the way it was when he left the day before. Its really not a crazy request from him.
I've been to allot of racing spots and talked to the cops over the years(got caught) and that is #1 reason they come out. owners are just tired of the mess... fix that and your spot can enjoyed for a long time.
I've helped clean asi up a handful of times. But Joe and a few others have cleaned asi for years but I'm sure it just got exhausting after awhile. And them taking the dumpsters away didn't help.
Old 11-23-2009, 02:14 PM   #24
mekrew
naaaaaw i sayin

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 10+

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to mekrew
grubz that is how it is man ....

i think its dumb also but its the way of the game

the 'pros' have to remember that everyone started somewhere, so if someone wants to watch or ask for some pointers and help, instead of kicking them out why not help. you want the stunt scene in houston to expand right ?

grubz, would you still be stunting if everytime you went to asi people ignored you and or told you to leave? you got to know the stunters so they dont mind you being at the lot with them, now think about the people who dont know them
mekrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 02:19 PM   #25
JRxGRUBZx

Bike(s):
07 zx6r (rip)

When I first came to asi I was the squid, the guy everyone didn't talk to and blah blah. I just kept coming around because I knew what I wanted to do and that was stunt. Anyway the only reasoni kept coming to asi was because alot of ppl went. Now if I rolled up on 3-4 guy stunting and 2 in the group came up to me and threatened me to leave I would be off and never even would of got into stunting.... How can you just turn someone away that is so into what your doing .. I dunno your riding to get fans and to be this great stunter but the you turn your main fan base away? I dunno
Old 11-23-2009, 02:22 PM   #26
Cody_Rules
this.

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
650r nekkid

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to Cody_Rules
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRxGRUBZx View Post
When I first came to asi I was the squid, the guy everyone didn't talk to and blah blah. I just kept coming around because I knew what I wanted to do and that was stunt. Anyway the only reasoni kept coming to asi was because alot of ppl went. Now if I rolled up on 3-4 guy stunting and 2 in the group came up to me and threatened me to leave I would be off and never even would of got into stunting.... How can you just turn someone away that is so into what your doing .. I dunno your riding to get fans and to be this great stunter but the you turn your main fan base away? I dunno
i talked to you lol
Old 11-23-2009, 02:26 PM   #27
JRxGRUBZx

Bike(s):
07 zx6r (rip)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cody_Rules View Post
i talked to you lol
Not when I first started coming out I knew noone. I was in a cage lol.
Old 11-23-2009, 02:26 PM   #28
thatboygeorge
powpows ftw

Bike(s):
05 r6

Send a message via AIM to thatboygeorge
when i first went to asi every1 wheelied in the street and not the parkin lot lol
thatboygeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 02:29 PM   #29
SiG239

Feedback Rating: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by albertinhouston View Post
seriously. I use the road ASI is on as a shortcut on my way to work. Every Thursday morning there would be trash everywhere, including spilling onto the road. Even last week when I noticed the gates being built, that Thursday there was still trash everywhere. I don't blame them at all for not letting people go there anymore...People actually like to come into work and get done instead of picking up trash
Old 11-23-2009, 02:46 PM   #30
Prodigy

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
Honda 1000rr
Kawasaki ZX6r
Honda CBR F4i
Suzuki Gsxr750
T-Rex

Member Garage

Your more than welcome to find your own spot and let people ruin it for you.
Prodigy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 02:49 PM   #31
Conroe_gsxrboy

Bike(s):
97' gsxr 600
01' gsxr 600
04' gsxr 1000
01 ttr 90
07' gsxr 1000

Ok. Well I figured this would end up like this. Let me take back what I said earlier. Let me rephrase it as a meet and greet. Squids, wanna learn to wheelie. Jus wanna meet up to hang with some koo kats. Play and have fun. That's what I thought it was about. To much politics now. If you wanna meet up. We b there. If not koo. We all start somewhere. I'm more about out to be noticed not heard of like some phantom in the night. Look at michael jackson. Pop king of the world. But no one ever saw him. He finally decided to show face and BAM, nows he's jus a memory.
Conroe_gsxrboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 02:57 PM   #32
MATT L.

Bike(s):
06 Yamaha R6 (track)

Honda CRF 450X motard
Honda 50/88

Asi was just free stunt shows for whoever wanted to come out.

It's simple, if you find a good practice spot to learn, then don't invite ANYONE out, if you want to keep it....But if you don't care about keeping a spot, then announce where the show is and it's just a matter of time.
MATT L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 03:01 PM   #33
Prodigy

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
Honda 1000rr
Kawasaki ZX6r
Honda CBR F4i
Suzuki Gsxr750
T-Rex

Member Garage

Thats a good idea less people to get in our way!
Prodigy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 03:09 PM   #34
Jordo636
OWNED!

Trackdays: 1

Maybe now people will PAY to come see shows in Houston ;/

I personally prefer to only have my friends come and hang out while I practice. If I'm doing a show I don't care who is there but when I practice I like to focus on learning new tricks and not have to constantly be watched by hundreds of people asking me stupid questions.

The biggest reason, my safety... I don't trust people I don't know especially squids doing power wheelies in the parking lot or on the street.
Jordo636 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 03:10 PM   #35
MATT L.

Bike(s):
06 Yamaha R6 (track)

Honda CRF 450X motard
Honda 50/88

I have to give props though, it did last a really long time considering the amount of people it started having.
MATT L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 03:19 PM   #36
Conroe_gsxrboy

Bike(s):
97' gsxr 600
01' gsxr 600
04' gsxr 1000
01 ttr 90
07' gsxr 1000

All I am sayin is that i learned most of what i know now from watching others. Ur there w people who do know what's up. People u can watch, ask questions, then make a run. If u were to go down u wouldn't feel as bad in front of people that understand the fact. I got just about every stunt video there is. That's not the trick. I wonder where all the KOO KATS went who I learned off of. (Hint Hint). Id rather try to teach and help then watch some dude tryin to stunt only w his gurl around in an empty lot and break his neck. I understand all the sponsered stunters and ur secrets. I'm jus out there for the 98 percent who show up to the spots to watch you.
Conroe_gsxrboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 03:20 PM   #37
JRxGRUBZx

Bike(s):
07 zx6r (rip)

So if one guy comes out your going to tell him to leave or else???.... I'm kinda glad asi is gone because like jordo said I can practice new tricks and really focus on where I wanna be....
Old 11-23-2009, 03:26 PM   #38
Jordo636
OWNED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conroe_gsxrboy View Post
All I am sayin is that i learned most of what i know now from watching others. Ur there w people who do know what's up. People u can watch, ask questions, then make a run. If u were to go down u wouldn't feel as bad in front of people that understand the fact. I got just about every stunt video there is. That's not the trick. I wonder where all the KOO KATS went who I learned off of. (Hint Hint). Id rather try to teach and help then watch some dude tryin to stunt only w his gurl around in an empty lot and break his neck. I understand all the sponsered stunters and ur secrets. I'm jus out there for the 98 percent who show up to the spots to watch you.
That's it I'm calling the SQUID POLICE to come and arrest your !

Last edited by Jordo636; 11-23-2009 at 03:28 PM.
Old 11-23-2009, 03:27 PM   #39
Jordo636
OWNED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRxGRUBZx View Post
So if one guy comes out your going to tell him to leave or else???.... I'm kinda glad asi is gone because like jordo said I can practice new tricks and really focus on where I wanna be....
If a guy shows up to my spot that I don't know (uninvited) and none of my guys know him. I will ask him to leave and then I'll proceed to grab my monkey wrench. If that doesn't work I'll stick EAC on him!
Old 11-23-2009, 03:29 PM   #40
Pyrofallout
<<<< S.B.N. >>>>

Feedback Rating: (31)

Trackdays: 10+

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BcFrancis View Post
how a person ask another person to leave a public place? don't they have every right to be there?
exactly. i have nothing against the stunters, i have been out to see them do their thing several times, but good luck forcing anyone to leave a public place because you don't want them there. unless you are the owner of the property i would think your gonna have a hard time convincing the popo you have more of a right to be there then they do.
Pyrofallout is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement