MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

View Poll Results: How will UFC 60 be decided?
Hughes wins by KO 10 18.18%
Hughes wins by Submission 14 25.45%
Gracie wins by KO 2 3.64%
Gracie wins by Submission 17 30.91%
What is the UFC? I like figure skating! 12 21.82%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-03-2006, 02:34 PM   #21
Paintbawler

Feedback Rating: (0)

lol....I'm not saying Hughes is a bad fighter, he's just not good enough in my opinion. I mean people can always get lucky, but that's the best chance he has IMO, I've seen how they both fight time and time again, not only in ufc fights. I just dont think that Hughes has the stuff to win.

dancinman - there's a big difference between gracie Jui Jitsu, and Jui Jitsu performed by a Gracie
Paintbawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Suck my A$$ Hughes net!!!! cedestech Off Topic 0 06-29-2012 05:31 PM
Gracie Jiu Jitsu beto_rjr Off Topic 17 12-12-2011 01:45 PM
UFC fans... UFC 75 free on Spike TV right now... Blue91 Off Topic 17 09-10-2007 12:59 PM
THE NEXT ROYCE GRACIE TWISTED METAL General Discussion (Moto Related) 14 06-12-2006 12:13 PM
Advertisement
Old 05-03-2006, 02:45 PM   #22
ratmzapa

Member Garage

Orlly? do explain...
Old 05-03-2006, 02:49 PM   #23
RedRider
Ride Red...please

Bike(s):
1997 CBR 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintbawler
dancinman - there's a big difference between gracie Jui Jitsu, and Jui Jitsu performed by a Gracie

Gracie Jui Jitsu is the average persons attempt to perfrom Gracie movies

Jui Jitsu performed by Gracie is submission in motion (I hear when he was a young child Chuck Norris touched Royce Gracie upon hte head thus giving him his winning streak)
Old 05-03-2006, 02:56 PM   #24
Paintbawler

gracie is one of the best, if not the best submission fighters out there. I know that Hughes has a good ground game compared to the people he's fought, but gracie is much better. Hughes will try his ground and pound, and gracie will capitalize on it and we'll see his hand tapping fast
Old 05-03-2006, 02:58 PM   #25
ratmzapa

Member Garage

Lay and pray....
Old 05-03-2006, 06:46 PM   #26
akimezunico

Bike(s):
Seka II

Send a message via AIM to akimezunico
ive gotta say, if u guys remember, there have been like 5 times where NE1 besides hughes woulda gone down in certain positions he was in (arm bar, triangle, etc) and memory seems to recall that he jacked the outa all of those dudes!! (my personal fav was the triangle when he picked the dude up above his head for about 2 minutes and slammed his down on the floor!!) but my point is, you can be a great submission fighter, but hughes is just so strong he can break SO many moves like they were nothing. but no lies, respect to gracie *bows* hes deff the man. and ufc i like more because its 5 minute rounds (not all tired out) and its more rules, u see more explosive fights between guys the same weight where as its not a huge guy beating the outa some small guy, altho it is cool when a small dude OWNS a big guy (bob sapp) haha
Originally Posted by fuknrobert
worthlesswithoutpics
4thgenerationmaxima
akimezunico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 07:09 PM   #27
nels

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
01 Silver/Black F4i-SOLD =(

Quote:
Originally Posted by akimezunico
ive gotta say, if u guys remember, there have been like 5 times where NE1 besides hughes woulda gone down in certain positions he was in (arm bar, triangle, etc) and memory seems to recall that he jacked the outa all of those dudes!! (my personal fav was the triangle when he picked the dude up above his head for about 2 minutes and slammed his down on the floor!!) but my point is, you can be a great submission fighter, but hughes is just so strong he can break SO many moves like they were nothing. but no lies, respect to gracie *bows* hes deff the man. and ufc i like more because its 5 minute rounds (not all tired out) and its more rules, u see more explosive fights between guys the same weight where as its not a huge guy beating the outa some small guy, altho it is cool when a small dude OWNS a big guy (bob sapp) haha
i watched that fight (well a replay of it). Both Hughes and the dude he slammed were unconscious. Only thing, the black dude was out a lil longer than Hughes, so win went to him.

I want Gracie to win, but I dunno, for some reason I see Matt outpowering him. Who knows, maybe Gracie will get lucky like Silva did against Arlovski. I'll probably end up ordering the fight, so we'll see.
nels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 07:17 PM   #28
SE_Ryder122

Bike(s):
2001 R6 Champions Edition (Sold)

not sure who is who, so i like figure skating.

i don't keep up with it. i just watch it if i catch it.
SE_Ryder122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 10:38 PM   #29
Paintbawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by akimezunico
I agree he is a powerful person, but I've seen gracie go for submission and the guy tapped and then argued he didnt, so gracie snaped his arm the next time. I just dont think matt has what it's going to take to overcome gracie.
Old 05-03-2006, 10:48 PM   #30
Princess
MH's ex fake mod

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
06 ZX-6R
09 Santa Cruz SL
Serotta Legend Ti

Send a message via AIM to Princess
Hughes is going to bash Gracies face in.... well thats my prediction
Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 12:08 AM   #31
Paintbawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo_LS_Hatch
Hughes is going to bash Gracies face in.... well thats my prediction
and what an intellectual and informed prediction it is :BangHead:
Old 05-04-2006, 12:34 AM   #32
chasee69
ballin' outta control!

Feedback Rating: (7)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
CRF 50

when gracie fought back in the day there were no weight classes really and they had to fight multiple opponets in the same night.
gracie also finished off his first 7 opponents in less than 11 minutes total!

the only thing that worries me is his age

ducatisignature
chasee69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 06:40 PM   #33
akimezunico

Bike(s):
Seka II

eh hes gracie age wont affect him too much imo... but yeah they were both unconscious but what i was gettin at was that he PICKED THE DUDE UP FOR LIKE 2 MINUTES... my shoulder woulda given out after about 2 seconds >.< but i really think if hughes doesnt win, itll be a really close fight. or atleast im really hoping itll be a really close fight haha
worthlesswithoutpics
4thgenerationmaxima
Old 05-04-2006, 06:41 PM   #34
Random_Hero
Grand Optimist

Bike(s):
2011 ZX10R

Quote:
and what an intellectual and informed prediction it is :BangHead:
I think you should try and put your sentence in proper order so I would have some idea what the you mean by that.
Random_Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 06:43 PM   #35
akimezunico

Bike(s):
Seka II

i think the hidden meaning there was... that what the dude said was uuuuuuh not very bright? but hey cares who what order we in put sentinces? we can understand them not?
worthlesswithoutpics
4thgenerationmaxima
Old 05-04-2006, 06:45 PM   #36
ratmzapa

Member Garage

Like I said before the before UFC has people that were only trained in say Karate or Kung Fu...now everyone has adapted to other methods of the GROUND GAME....so they are better suited in fighting..example Sakuraba "The Gracie Killer" no Gracie has beaten him in Pride...
Old 05-04-2006, 06:47 PM   #37
Random_Hero
Grand Optimist

Bike(s):
2011 ZX10R

I think he is just hurt because he knows that Gracie is going to get destroyed. I mean I don't know how to be more punctual about it. Gracie is going to lose.......
Old 05-04-2006, 06:55 PM   #38
Paintbawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random_Hero
I think you should try and put your sentence in proper order so I would have some idea what the you mean by that.
let me talk in small words so you can understand. you dont know what the you're(that means you are ) talking about.

what has happened to the public education system?:BangHead: :BangHead:
Old 05-04-2006, 07:01 PM   #39
Paintbawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random_Hero
I think he is just hurt because he knows that Gracie is going to get destroyed. I mean I don't know how to be more punctual about it. Gracie is going to lose.......
give me one arguement that shows some understanding of fighting.

you are just saying, "oh, he's going to get destroyed".....HOW?!!? I'm not trying to be an , I'm just waiting for someone to give me some reason they think hughes will win. The only arguement I've heard that has any validity is that Gracie is older. GIVE ME A REASON THAT YOU THINK THAT besides that you wish matt would be your buddy.
Old 05-04-2006, 07:03 PM   #40
Random_Hero
Grand Optimist

Bike(s):
2011 ZX10R

Quote:
let me talk in small words so you can understand. you dont know what the you're(that means you are ) talking about.

what has happened to the public education system?:BangHead: :BangHead:
Small words? The words aren't complicated what so ever, trust me. Its youre utter stupidity that gives me a headache. You know, if you put words in the proper place to form a sentence it helps people understand you better.

Advertisement