MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-02-2006, 10:33 AM   #1
BoostJunkie

Member Garage

Prosecutors Won't Pursue Beating Of Hispanic Boy As Hate Crime

WTF??????

HOUSTON -- Prosecutors say they won't seek hate-crime charges against two white teens accused of brutally beating and sodomizing a 16-year-old Hispanic boy, who was clinging to life after being left for dead.

The two attacked the boy after he tried to kiss a 12-year-old girl at an unsupervised house party Saturday night in suburban Spring, authorities said.

The attackers, both of whom have juvenile criminal records, apparently were offended at the age difference between the victim and the girl and shouted racial slurs at him during the 10- to 15-minute attack, investigators said.

Authorities said the two dragged the boy from the party and into the yard, where they sodomized him with a plastic pipe from a patio table umbrella.

County prosecutor Mike Trent said the boy also had high levels of toxins in his organs, indicating the attackers may have poured bleach inside the pipe used to sodomize him. Doctors believe the boy, who was in critical condition Friday, passed out quickly and was unconscious for most of the attack.

"After they got him down on the ground, they stomped his head with (steel-toed) boots," Harris County Sheriff's Lt. John Denholm said. "They actually kicked the pipe further into him with the boots."

Trent described the pipe as being sharpened at one end. At one point, the teens tried to carve something on the boy's chest with a knife, he told CNN Friday.

"I don't know that the very beginning of the attack was racial," Trent said, "but there's no question that they were venting quite a bit of hatred in their hearts."

Trent said that adding hate-crime charges to the aggravated sexual assault faced by David Henry Tuck, 18, and Keith Robert Turner, 17, would have no legal effect.

Even if the victim dies, the charge would be upgraded to capital murder because of the sexual assault, making Tuck eligible for the death penalty. Turner is too young to be eligible for execution.

Both are charged with aggravated sexual assault, which carries a maximum of five years to life in prison. They were being held in the county jail. Charles Hinton, Tuck's attorney, did not return a call seeking comment. It was not known if Turner had an attorney.

If the two are convicted of aggravated sexual assault, jurors will be told during sentencing about the ethnic slurs used during the attack, Trent said.

"Whether it is one or isn't a hate crime, and it may be, that will make no difference here," Trent said. "This is already a first-degree felony and it can't be elevated any higher. There's nowhere to go beyond this, unless the victim dies."

The Anti-Defamation League wants prosecutors to add hate-crime charges even if it won't add to the penalties. "We want the public to accept and understand that this was a hate crime," regional director Martin Cominsky said.

The League of United Latin American Citizens agrees.

"We're appalled and deeply concerned by the aggravated beating and assault of this young Hispanic boy this last weekend. This clearly is a crime motivated by prejudice and bias against Hispanics. No other reason exists for this violent crime to have been committed against this young boy other than it to be a hate crime," said Rick Dovalina with LULAC.

The victim lay behind the house for more than 10 hours before he was found and someone called an ambulance. Trent said the attackers threatened partygoers with harm if they cooperated with the investigation.

The victim was a popular football player at Klein Collins High School who also posed for a fashion layout in the school yearbook, the Houston Chronicle reported. Because the boy is a juvenile sexual assault victim, he was not identified.

Dozens of postings from friends on the victim's Myspace.com page send wishes for recovery in styles ranging from Bible verses to obscene, rap-like poems urging violent ends for the attackers. The boy's last posting was Saturday, the day of the attack.

http://www.click2houston.com/news/9072667/detail.html

I can't believe it ninja
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
No hate crime? jimmy the gent The Circus 16 01-21-2012 10:24 AM
Interesting | Police probe 'hate crime' in beating of white teen... CaJuNsOuLjA The Circus 49 06-04-2010 11:35 AM
Prosecutors: Snipes should serve maximum for tax crime NoFear Off Topic 41 04-28-2008 03:45 PM
Advertisement
Old 05-02-2006, 10:44 AM   #2
Rick H.I.C.
Got Surf? Snow? Track?

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
03' 600RR, 05' CR125, 88'NSR 250

Not condoning anything here. What part did hispanic play? Guessing he will be made to look totally innocent. There's always two sides to a story not just the medias side.
Old 05-02-2006, 10:59 AM   #3
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Bike(s):
lots of em

I understand the two sides to each story, but beating and sodomizing someone till near death? You win you walk away its done.
I'm sure he wasnt innocent, lets hope he lives to learn the lesson.

There is more that we are not hearing obviously.
sad world we live in today no doubt

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]
ScooterTrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 10:59 AM   #4
BrutusTx

Member Garage

We don't need people like this running the streets.......period.
Old 05-02-2006, 11:09 AM   #5
Prodigy

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
Honda 1000rr
Kawasaki ZX6r
Honda CBR F4i
Suzuki Gsxr750
T-Rex

Member Garage

his tried to kiss someone OMG!
Prodigy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 11:17 AM   #6
bdmpastx
The Cripple

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
2009 Nissan GTR - sold
2015 Nissan GTR

Doesn't this need to be moved to the Political section?
Old 05-02-2006, 11:22 AM   #7
Petro
C'Mon... Building 7

Feedback Rating: (2)

i would understand if this boy did something horrible to the girl... but from what they are saying, he didnt... these lil bastards need to go to jail for a long time. the poor 13 y/o boy was just being a boy... hes only 13 still a youngin....
Petro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 11:23 AM   #8
2XTURBO
that's a space peanut

Experience: 7 years

sick people
2XTURBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 11:31 AM   #9
michellies
Mrs. HoPD

that's so sad.. i'll never try to kiss anyone ever again.. racial slurs blurted... umbrella poles getting sharpened and some how shoved into something... my stomach getting carved or something i don't know bout all this but these people are sick and diluted.
FULL SERVICE MOTORCYCLE SHOP
(281) 651-1961
michellies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 11:33 AM   #10
jrock
straight shooter

Bike(s):
2003 Kawi ZX9r Green Machine-sold
1995 Honda CB 1000 Big One

Send a message via Yahoo to jrock
it goes back to the roots of unsupervised kids. Thats all . Where the were the adults. Were the parent/s of the "house" the party was thrown at even around. Kids will get away with some evil if you let them and the two that did the attack were outta control before that party ever happened.
"I get a total charge out of inspiring others to follow their dreams and not to fear change. Embrace it. Realize that money isn't the end-all, be-all. What is important, what really has value, is Time. As motorcyclists, we all face increased risks on the road, and on the track. Do something with your time; don't have a bag full of regrets when the train comes to a stop. "
jrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 11:36 AM   #11
rickykline
super squid

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
1999 yamaha r1 RIP
2005 zx10r

Quote:
Originally Posted by michellies
that's so sad.. i'll never try to kiss anyone ever again.. racial slurs blurted... umbrella poles getting sharpened and some how shoved into something... my stomach getting carved or something i don't know bout all this but these people are sick and diluted.
awwww i guess im going without a kiss now.. THANKS ALOT:BangHead:

I WISH MY GRASS WAS EMO SO IT WOULD CUT ITSELF....
rickykline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 11:38 AM   #12
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Bike(s):
lots of em

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrutusTx
We don't need people like this running the streets.......period.
agreed, but as I learned with the kid pulling a gun on me. they (DA) acted like it never happened and decided to not "accept" the charges. It just never happened in their eyes because they couldnt find a gun, no matter how many people say they saw it. Another example of our screwed up justice system at work to protect us.

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]
Old 05-02-2006, 11:41 AM   #13
rickykline
super squid

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
1999 yamaha r1 RIP
2005 zx10r

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScooterTrash
agreed, but as I learned with the kid pulling a gun on me. they (DA) acted like it never happened and decided to not "accept" the charges. It just never happened in their eyes because they couldnt find a gun, no matter how many people say they saw it. Another example of our screwed up justice system at work to protect us.
can i hear an amen... welcome back tim... missed ya.. lol

I WISH MY GRASS WAS EMO SO IT WOULD CUT ITSELF....
rickykline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 11:41 AM   #14
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Bike(s):
lots of em

Quote:
Originally Posted by p0opstlnksal0t
i would understand if this boy did something horrible to the girl... but from what they are saying, he didnt... these lil bastards need to go to jail for a long time. the poor 13 y/o boy was just being a boy... hes only 13 still a youngin....
They definately need to be put away where other criminals can have their way with them as they see fit.

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
[/QUOTE]
Old 05-02-2006, 11:42 AM   #15
michellies
Mrs. HoPD

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickykline
awwww i guess im going without a kiss now.. THANKS ALOT:BangHead:
hahaah don't get all disgruntled.. you'll be okay. hahahaa =].
why would you want a kiss if you couldn't even talk to me
hahaha
FULL SERVICE MOTORCYCLE SHOP
(281) 651-1961
michellies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 11:43 AM   #16
jrock
straight shooter

Bike(s):
2003 Kawi ZX9r Green Machine-sold
1995 Honda CB 1000 Big One

Send a message via Yahoo to jrock
hey scooter , Welcome !!hehehe i mean Welcome back!!
"I get a total charge out of inspiring others to follow their dreams and not to fear change. Embrace it. Realize that money isn't the end-all, be-all. What is important, what really has value, is Time. As motorcyclists, we all face increased risks on the road, and on the track. Do something with your time; don't have a bag full of regrets when the train comes to a stop. "
jrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 01:33 PM   #17
Rick H.I.C.
Got Surf? Snow? Track?

Bike(s):
03' 600RR, 05' CR125, 88'NSR 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by p0opstlnksal0t
16 yr old boy, 12 yr old girl. Figure he was probably talking trash, and the dufuses that jacked him up will get there's in jail.
Old 05-02-2006, 01:46 PM   #18
2KBUSA

Bike(s):
zx14r

Send a message via AIM to 2KBUSA Send a message via Yahoo to 2KBUSA
its a sad story but there is more going around we just dont know about because there mom and dad have the money to cover for them..but now its getting bad with this i am hispanic and this is a hate crime. you know who should be arestted the parents of the 12 years old girl. thats who and the two guys. but this is only going to be used for fuel to the hispanics for see this and that. 1st there were the i am black problem we kind of solved that no we are going to have the i am hispanic your hating me because of that..i think that kind fcked up knowing that he should beeen there trying to mack to a 12years old girl. if that was my sister i would of kick him out the door. but the two guys went crazy on them they were all drunk and it may of happend at a trailer park.no disrespect for people that live there but thats were like that goes down in spring.
Old 05-02-2006, 01:47 PM   #19
iraisp
Ninja N00b

Bike(s):
99 EX 250 Ninja

Send a message via AIM to iraisp
This story makes me sooooo fkn angry, I don't even want to comment. *need to take a deep breath*
iraisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 01:57 PM   #20
TxVrod

You know, there would be no need for the "hate crime" catagory if the offense is properly prosecuted in the first place. Take James Byrd - the black fella who was dragged behind a truck several years back... Should those who were sent to the death chamber have been treated any more stringently than if the victim were white? I think not. Enforce the fookin laws which already exist instead of "modifying" or amending.
TxVrod is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement