MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 11-17-2009, 08:45 PM   #1
JJARRELL

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
HONDA VFR 800
GS500 (Stolen)
GSXR 600 (SOLD)
FZ1 (SOLD)

Member Garage

Send a message via Skype™ to JJARRELL
Post i need so help on with a gs500

whats happening MH. i'm new on here and this is my first post and i hope is not a bad post. i have a 97 gs500 that needs some a little work. i bent the forks about a years ago. now i'm just trying to get it to run right again. i have been dealin with some forks that act like they know what they are doing but don't. sorry long story short can anyone get it running back right?

i have been had people working on it for a couple of weeks and its still not right
p.s. is my post ok?
JJARRELL is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
input on Gs500 tunaluna General Discussion (Moto Related) 24 02-15-2014 12:48 AM
Sold the GS500, now what? 1308cc General Discussion (Moto Related) 25 07-18-2011 09:29 PM
Need Help GS500 Iautorico How To's and Q & A's 1 02-14-2011 01:18 PM
Old school GS500's? cedestech General Discussion (Moto Related) 8 10-09-2010 11:59 PM
GS500 parts? InNeedOfBoost Performance and Modifications 7 10-11-2006 03:12 PM
Advertisement
Old 11-17-2009, 08:49 PM   #2
Japawhat02
02 Tona

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
2002 Daytona

Old 11-17-2009, 08:57 PM   #3
BigComfy

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
SV1k (sold)
CRB6 Track Bike (sold)
Daytona 1200 (parted)
1st Gen FZ1 (sold)
1st Gen SV650 (sold)

Member Garage

You can pick up new forks on ebay or better yet call around the local salvag shops: Sam's Cycle Salvage and Union Cycles.

If you want to do it yourself you will need to be a little mechanically inclined (not much as it really is pretty simple but does require some time), a support for the bike, and a few basic tools.

If you are no comfy doing it yourself visit the super duper MotoHouston.com sponsors--Motocycles Unlimited or Sunny's.

It sounds like the 2nd option might be a better bet for you. Also, Motorcycles Unlimited is holding a basic maintenance class this weekend that will help you keep her running after she's fixed. click--> http://www.motohouston.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=118942
Old 11-17-2009, 09:05 PM   #4
JJARRELL

Bike(s):
HONDA VFR 800
GS500 (Stolen)
GSXR 600 (SOLD)
FZ1 (SOLD)

Member Garage

Send a message via Skype™ to JJARRELL
i already have the forks on and have been able to ride a little bit. now what i need done is work on the idle. i have had someone work on the carbs but the idle will not set and also i not sure if i connected the valcum hoses but up right. while it was sitting up the tank rusted. i had the sand blasted
JJARRELL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 02:15 PM   #5
Diderich

Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
Sprint Ride Smart

where are you located?
Diderich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 02:25 PM   #6
Patrick
Motorcycles Unlimited

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
'14 Speed Triple R, '82 CB900F, '13 Streetglide

NEED GEAR? We have a great selection in stock but if we need to order it we GUARANTEE FIT!
Where Houston riders go to have their bikes worked on, done right the first time!

muad

1964 FM 1960 West
Houston, TX 77090
Hours: Tues.-Fri. 9:30-6:00 Sat. 9-5:30
www.motorcycles-unlimited.com
http://www.facebook.com/motorcyclesunlimited
e-mail: patrick@motorcycles-unlimited.com
Patrick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 02:30 PM   #7
BRYAN
Big and Cranky...

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
A Trackbike
Another Trackbike
A Motard

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJARRELL View Post
i already have the forks on and have been able to ride a little bit. now what i need done is work on the idle. i have had someone work on the carbs but the idle will not set and also i not sure if i connected the valcum hoses but up right. while it was sitting up the tank rusted. i had the sand blasted
i ran into the same problem on my FJ600...get some tank coating for the inside. also, run to Patrick (motorcycles unlimited) as fast as you can if you want it done right the first time...

Welcome to MH...

Advertisement