Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 11-17-2009, 02:48 PM   #41
jetcycles
DRIVEN BY ANGER

Feedback Rating: (14)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
1950 Chevy Deluxe
1980 Honda CT70
1987 Kawasaki 650SX
1996 Honda Z50

FWIW, ProPowersports of Conroe sucks twice as hard as cycleshack!!!
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cycle shack north Bdean92 General Discussion (Moto Related) 5 07-08-2015 09:50 AM
Cycle Shack North still open? bioGuru General Discussion (Moto Related) 4 03-29-2011 11:20 AM
cycle shack in conroe has some decent deals on gear right now loosenoose Gear Talk 0 11-11-2010 03:01 PM
Advertisement
Old 11-17-2009, 02:54 PM   #42
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

for all you Motorcycles Unlimited people, and i do take my work there as well, i don't think Motorcycles Unlimited can handle the warranty work either. cuz they're not "suzuki" they're just a GOOD shop.
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 01:26 AM   #43
loosenoose
veteran novice

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
07 sv650!

Member Garage

i went to their old location before i got my 1st bike and talked to some of the sales guys for a while. one of them asked about my miata which was out in the parking lot and then commenced to make fun of me for owning a miata (what??)
they gave me a little bit of decent advice, sv makes a good starter bike, but they did also try to sell me the repsol that was lookin' so fine.
any time i have gone there for work or parts it has been a dissapointment.
i went there for a tire after picking up a screw and the bill was astronomical.
next month i hit another screw and Motorcycles Unlimited got me a new rear tire for $140something, mounted and balanced.
ccn is a bad shop. they are lazy and they have work ethics. thats about the same thing you can say for most places in conroe. it's a town. get out of that shithole if you want quality.
loosenoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 01:27 AM   #44
loosenoose
veteran novice

Bike(s):
07 sv650!

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetcycles View Post
FWIW, ProPowersports of Conroe sucks twice as hard as cycleshack!!!
ugh. those guys.
Old 11-18-2009, 01:30 AM   #45
loosenoose
veteran novice

Bike(s):
07 sv650!

Member Garage

there used to be a buell shop on the southbound side of 45 just north of rayford/sawdust. years before i owned a bike, i liked to check out the bikes in that shop and talk to the people who worked there. it was a friendly staff who didnt try to sell me their biggest, fastest, most expensive bike, or intimidate me away by being so cool and , but it seemed like a good place. i still glance at the office it was in when i pass by.
Old 11-18-2009, 05:01 AM   #46
GAU-8
official thread ender.

Feedback Rating: (0)

Trackdays: 1

allthough its not fair, i think some of the "tude" comes from how the customer carries themselves., and the jackhole shop peeps feed off that.

ex: i have been to "MH's preffered shop" 3 times, and each time something was just ""off" or not quite normal...

first jet kit...they had the parts in stock. they were CLEAN, but obviously used in bike for some time..they were NOT NEW buy any means. minor dings on the flat head slot, discolorations of dark brown, and green like copper. I has assumed maybe it was a "trade out" item, as long as they werent damaged or something. i asked the dept guy, "are these these used?.. he said he thinks they maybe be..are, but they are within "spec", and no defects. the discoloration is from sitting over time. so I looked at em closely, and looked good to me (but used) so i bought em. (it was the last set they had, they told me over the phone, and NOBODY ELSE in houston had them..)

second time was for more jets about 2 months later for my OTHER bike of the SAME make and model. this time the jets were SHINY NEW, but they were not labeled/stamped the same way the first set i got. so i asked "do you guys take trade outs? for parts like these? last set looked identical, but stamping on the top didnt have this "D" look to it" (again it looked identical, but stampings had me scratching...never saw them like this before. but numbers DID match)

"?...ah, the "D" stands for dyno-jet" (yet i have never had "D" stamped dynojets before, but the shape/style looked the same) no, something like this we wouldnt trade out, cause we would eventually have only certain sized jets, and not what everybody needs."...i didnt bring up the old/different jets issue because i didnt have that receipt with me, (and they worked anyways) and it was a different worker.

later on a month or so later i was DESPERATE for a front "take off tire" (cause at that moment i could not afford new) and stopped by to see what my chances were of them having something available. went in and told the guy i was near on showing thread/cord, and that i cannot afford new. He asked me what size front it was. I told them it was a 120/60/17 front. guy told me that my tire was irregular, (which it is NOT, my bike has an 18 in REAR RIM..but the front is STANDARD SIZE to any bike!!..i have had the same model since 92') He stated that it was a "special" rim, and have to get a "special" tire for it. then told me if i order today they could have a brand new tire "next week".....told him i dont have the money for new, again, and that i need something QUICK, on cord, but i could order a tire in two weeks. but need something now.. again stated he could have my "special size tire" in a week if i order that day.

I left. I wont be back.
GAU-8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 09:01 AM   #47
didimao0072000

Bike(s):
50cc metropolitan

wow.. putting used parts on a bike and trying to pass it off as new. that's some straight up shady t...
didimao0072000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 10:42 AM   #48
HtownStunta

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
1986 Honda Spree

Member Garage

Some one email this link to the GM at Cycle Shack North and let him know what a chitty shop it is... lol
Old 11-18-2009, 10:51 AM   #49
cdill35

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
2014 Phoenix 921 Pro XP w/ Merc 250 ProXS
11 Yam Zuma 125
Specialized Stumpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAU-8 View Post
allthough its not fair, i think some of the "tude" comes from how the customer carries themselves., and the jackhole shop peeps feed off that.

ex: i have been to "MH's preffered shop" 3 times, and each time something was just ""off" or not quite normal...

first jet kit...they had the parts in stock. they were CLEAN, but obviously used in bike for some time..they were NOT NEW buy any means. minor dings on the flat head slot, discolorations of dark brown, and green like copper. I has assumed maybe it was a "trade out" item, as long as they werent damaged or something. i asked the dept guy, "are these these used?.. he said he thinks they maybe be..are, but they are within "spec", and no defects. the discoloration is from sitting over time. so I looked at em closely, and looked good to me (but used) so i bought em. (it was the last set they had, they told me over the phone, and NOBODY ELSE in houston had them..)

second time was for more jets about 2 months later for my OTHER bike of the SAME make and model. this time the jets were SHINY NEW, but they were not labeled/stamped the same way the first set i got. so i asked "do you guys take trade outs? for parts like these? last set looked identical, but stamping on the top didnt have this "D" look to it" (again it looked identical, but stampings had me scratching...never saw them like this before. but numbers DID match)

"?...ah, the "D" stands for dyno-jet" (yet i have never had "D" stamped dynojets before, but the shape/style looked the same) no, something like this we wouldnt trade out, cause we would eventually have only certain sized jets, and not what everybody needs."...i didnt bring up the old/different jets issue because i didnt have that receipt with me, (and they worked anyways) and it was a different worker.

later on a month or so later i was DESPERATE for a front "take off tire" (cause at that moment i could not afford new) and stopped by to see what my chances were of them having something available. went in and told the guy i was near on showing thread/cord, and that i cannot afford new. He asked me what size front it was. I told them it was a 120/60/17 front. guy told me that my tire was irregular, (which it is NOT, my bike has an 18 in REAR RIM..but the front is STANDARD SIZE to any bike!!..i have had the same model since 92') He stated that it was a "special" rim, and have to get a "special" tire for it. then told me if i order today they could have a brand new tire "next week".....told him i dont have the money for new, again, and that i need something QUICK, on cord, but i could order a tire in two weeks. but need something now.. again stated he could have my "special size tire" in a week if i order that day.

I left. I wont be back.
I have a headache after reading that...three times. And I still dont understand it. Maybe I am a moron.
cdill35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 11:55 AM   #50
jetcycles
DRIVEN BY ANGER

Feedback Rating: (14)

Bike(s):
1950 Chevy Deluxe
1980 Honda CT70
1987 Kawasaki 650SX
1996 Honda Z50

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdill35 View Post
I have a headache after reading that...three times. And I still dont understand it. Maybe I am a moron.
that makes 2 of us
Old 11-18-2009, 12:00 PM   #51
lisiecki1
survivor of 7/4/08 ride..

Feedback Rating: (5)

Member Garage

Quote:
you moron.

how you doin Brandt?
lisiecki1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 12:50 PM   #52
dnix600

Feedback Rating: (7)

Bike(s):
06 GSXR 600

Quote:
+3 and which shop is he talking about??? CCN or Motorcycles Unlimited?????
dnix600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 01:01 PM   #53
Predator04
Proud Former Marine!

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
07R1 street bike
07R1 Racebike
08GSXR-750 streetbike.... Totalled

Quote:
Originally Posted by logik View Post
Worst experience ever. Short and sweet my 06 gsxr 1000 was due for a frame recall. So I took the bike in to the one and only service advisor Arland. They took my bike. Two weeks go by no word. So I call them. They have no answers. Week three it needs a frame and needs to be ordered. After 2 months I call them and its done. Arland lacks communication skills. I pick up the bike get it home and notice rear chain adjustment nuts loose, triple tree scratched, screws changed from orginals. I rode the bike 2 days and the clutch lever falls off while in a middle of a down shift. I mean what the f***. I take the bike back argue with Arland for 30 mins about the lever and triple tree. He says the tech didnt touch the lever and the tree was scratched. Asked for service manager. He says just to replace the both. If anything they took care of that. So my bike is registered out of state and need a texas state inspection. I start the state inspection process (since I'm a state inspector) and go and behold the frame that the "quality technician" replaced, screwed up a vin digit and forgot another. You dont do this and not know that you did it but he said nothing. So again another trip back to . I left the bike again this time for a dps officer to determine if the error could be fixed and of course not. So for the second time the bike needs another frame. So you would figure since I told Arland that his communication skills lacked and he should inform his customers more, you would think on this visit their would be more communication. Try again. Another 2 months goes by Arland calls to tell me the bike is done. Now lets not forget over all these months I have a payment to make for something that I dont even have. When I pick it up nothing but more conflicts with other things, it gets resolved and I take the bike home. Now on the way home as I hit bumps their is a knocking noise. Go and behold our "Quality Tech" didnt let me down. He left the bolts for the front headlight assembly loose. I also found that the bolts at the triple tree which tighten the forks up top one bolt was loose while another wasnt even there. After all of this I would I never think of taking even my lawn mower there to be repaired. I have received better service and repairs from hole in the shops.
2 months? That is outrageous! I bought a bike from them in april 08 I had to literally beg THEM to sell me the bike. It was 1.5 hrs from closing time and they said they had to go home to come back the next day. Well i was goin out of town and had to have the bike. Long story I wont grace them with my shadow either.
scott
Old 11-18-2009, 01:09 PM   #54
Patrick
Motorcycles Unlimited

Bike(s):
'14 Speed Triple R, '82 CB900F, '13 Streetglide

As far as I know it's not us.
I've got a bunch of 120/70 take offs that will work just fine on a bike with a 120/60 profile so I wouldn't have sent him away.
I also checked for his name in our customer base and it doesn't come up, so I highly doubt it.

NEED GEAR? We have a great selection in stock but if we need to order it we GUARANTEE FIT!
Where Houston riders go to have their bikes worked on, done right the first time!

muad

1964 FM 1960 West
Houston, TX 77090
Hours: Tues.-Fri. 9:30-6:00 Sat. 9-5:30
www.motorcycles-unlimited.com
http://www.facebook.com/motorcyclesunlimited
e-mail: patrick@motorcycles-unlimited.com
Patrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 03:37 PM   #55
logik

Bike(s):
2006 GSXR 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownStunta View Post
Some one email this link to the GM at Cycle Shack North and let him know what a chitty shop it is... lol
Well I did just that. I emailed the gm at ccn. Told him all about my experince and sent him pics of what I found this last visit. By 930 the next day he called me aplogizing and said he didn't have any excuses just that he was Sorry they went ahead and gave me some oil, filter and a air filter on them. They said that I could bring the bike in so the sErvice manager would look it over himself with me. They are really trying to make it right but the damage is done.
logik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 04:18 PM   #56
cashtown
Lawyers Guns and Money

Bike(s):
'05 Hayabusa '98 ZX-6E

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANTISOCIAL View Post
that does suck ! As for the (go & behold ).... i think it's (low & behold ). lol
sorry to bust but I actually think it's 'lo and behold.'

Fat Freddy says, "Busas are for posing!"
cashtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 07:39 PM   #57
miguel!!
dont forget the streets

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
f thrill

Member Garage

tru that big dealer ships r shity,,aj foyt cycles ,,cough,,
Old 11-18-2009, 07:42 PM   #58
Moc05
Safety Third

Feedback Rating: (10)

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
2007 ZZR600(Sold)
2008 ZX-10R(Stolen)
2014 Honda Grom

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to Moc05 Send a message via Yahoo to Moc05
Quote:
Originally Posted by logik View Post
Well I did just that. I emailed the gm at ccn. Told him all about my experince and sent him pics of what I found this last visit. By 930 the next day he called me aplogizing and said he didn't have any excuses just that he was Sorry they went ahead and gave me some oil, filter and a air filter on them. They said that I could bring the bike in so the sErvice manager would look it over himself with me. They are really trying to make it right but the damage is done.
You should go up and there and get it it and change that stuff out yourself
Moc05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 08:51 PM   #59
logik

Bike(s):
2006 GSXR 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moctezuma05 View Post
You should go up and there and get it it and change that stuff out yourself
And that just what i did. I'll be changing the oil this weekend
logik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 02:59 AM   #60
GAU-8
official thread ender.

its not THAT hard to understand is it????

first visit:
got used jets

second visit:
got new jets, yet stamped differently, but was told they are the same jets (although they did LOOK the same, stampings were different) but just the fact if both sets where the same, why are stampings different between the two visits

third visit:
front tire was on cord, needed a "take off" if they had one. I could NOT DO A NEW TIRE. (not until 2 weeks) I was told my bike takes a "special tire" and if i ordered that day, could have it next week. said it is not the front, but the REAR TIRE that was different, the front is "normal"- (repeat this converation twice) i left. (got a take off from MH member that day)
GAU-8 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement