MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 11-18-2009, 01:29 PM   #101
Silent636
It's called a 6'Dirty'6

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
06 ZX-636 (Stolen)
EX-500 (Sold)
00 Aprilia RSV Mille

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by chase View Post
I'm gonna address people invidually and don't feel like multi-quoting

Brandt - thank you, thats what I meant to say but obviously bc I don't sugarcoat things, people think I'm just making fun of them instead of actually trying to help them. I AM an , and I'm ok with that.

faster321 - I am not sure what 'business class' you are referring to, as I haven't been to any classes whatsoever in almost 3 years. Wrong Chase maybe? I have only been in one wreck, and it was at the track, so your talks of multiple wrecks and situations leads me to believe you've got the wrong guy. I hear there are others out there...

thetrav - I see that you took my words as more attacking than helpful, and for that I apologize. I meant what Brandt said, he is more personable than me, I work in a shop where you learn to be blunt and tough-skinned, that has obviously worked its way into my outside conversations and people get offended bc they aren't used to that.

Curt - I apologize to you for not engaging in your 12 year old e-battle, you can talk online in PM all day long, then stalk my posts to attack me all you want, yet never uttering a word to anyone in person. Go ahead, PM me, say something on this thread trying to belittle me so I can have a good laugh, I've said what I have to say, see you around big guy
Chase, i can say that 'trav' didn't care and does not care about you but just posting learn to ride is not considered a helpful input.

You said you have tough skin and are blunt from working in a shop, try being the the military (USMC) i know what u mean about being precieved an in that way. What people were complaining about is that you didn't really say anything to help understand why he might be constantly going wide.

I was on the ride with 'trav' when he had this said wreck (was my first time meeting him and riding with a group and him) I have been riding with him alot ever since and know there was a difference in his cornering from then and now. Trav is a very experienced and level headed rider that yes likes to go fast (but who doesn't). What he was looking for was more people to tell him what he could do to get back into the zone (trail breaking, slowing down in the turns earlier so to not park it...) things we learn from the track. He use to race in CMRA back in the day before i ever meet him and have seen his riding.

I agree that that the track is the best place to break these habits but i also strongly feel that facing the fears and beating them is also the best thing.

The problem people had is that you said 3 words with no actual definitive help.
Silent636 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Why you need to re-evaluate your riding if you EVER run wide RACER X General Discussion (Moto Related) 60 10-22-2012 06:24 PM
Riding For Veterans Run The Sooz Events, Meets and Rides 3 04-29-2011 02:00 AM
SUCK IT LONG, SUCK IT HARD AGGIES!!! HoustonGixxer Sports 50 12-01-2009 01:26 PM
I did not realize... tyme2move Off Topic 17 11-07-2008 05:51 PM
Advertisement
Old 11-18-2009, 01:34 PM   #102
Badchev
Slow

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'01 Bandit

I doubt there is a person on here that hasn't made a mistake when riding, probably the guy's who have been riding 20+ years have the steepest learning curve. My first bike was a 1975 CB750, when it was new, and other than the fact that it sat on 2 wheels there is no comparing the way it handled to the way the new 600's handle.
The first step in becoming a better rider is understanding that you DON'T know it all and asking questions. Just signing up and doing track days isn't going to put you on the podium, observing other riders and asking questions and SEAT time will improve your riding IF you can put what you learn into practice.
A board like this has a wide range of skill sets, so you'll get as much BS as you do usable information......the tough part is understanding the difference.

Good luck, and keep asking questions.
Badchev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 01:51 PM   #103
chase
LOCTITE

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
07 yamaha R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent636 View Post
Chase, i can say that 'trav' didn't care and does not care about you but just posting learn to ride is not considered a helpful input.

You said you have tough skin and are blunt from working in a shop, try being the the military (USMC) i know what u mean about being precieved an in that way. What people were complaining about is that you didn't really say anything to help understand why he might be constantly going wide.

I was on the ride with 'trav' when he had this said wreck (was my first time meeting him and riding with a group and him) I have been riding with him alot ever since and know there was a difference in his cornering from then and now. Trav is a very experienced and level headed rider that yes likes to go fast (but who doesn't). What he was looking for was more people to tell him what he could do to get back into the zone (trail breaking, slowing down in the turns earlier so to not park it...) things we learn from the track. He use to race in CMRA back in the day before i ever meet him and have seen his riding.

I agree that that the track is the best place to break these habits but i also strongly feel that facing the fears and beating them is also the best thing.

The problem people had is that you said 3 words with no actual definitive help.
Ok, going wide means you are either carrying to much cornerspeed, or not enough lean angle...

too much corner speed - slow down

not enough lean angle - get the basics down so you know how to remedy that, or my blunt post of learn how to ride.

once again, what I said applies, whether it was nice or not.
Old 11-18-2009, 01:53 PM   #104
Badchev
Slow

Bike(s):
'01 Bandit

Quote:
Ok, going wide means you are either carrying to much cornerspeed, or not enough lean angle...

not enough lean angle - get the basics down so you know how to remedy that, or my blunt post of learn how to ride.

once again, what I said applies, whether you think it was nice or not.
Can't argue with that.
Badchev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 01:55 PM   #105
Silent636
It's called a 6'Dirty'6

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
06 ZX-636 (Stolen)
EX-500 (Sold)
00 Aprilia RSV Mille

Member Garage

Quote:

once again, what I said applies, whether you think it was nice or not.
and like i said, Learn how to ride is not a definitive answer, I see no reason why you couldn't have said you have 2 much corner speed or not enough lean angle. If i was a new rider and asked a question like this and someone told me to Learn to ride...i would then have known just as much if i never asked the question. not everyone thinks like you do, thats all i am saying. I am not here to see whos epeen is bigger you can have that title i dont care. All i am saying is how you commented had no contribution to being an actual helpful answer to the avg. rider or person.
Silent636 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 02:03 PM   #106
cdill35

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
2014 Phoenix 921 Pro XP w/ Merc 250 ProXS
11 Yam Zuma 125
Specialized Stumpy

Quote:
and like i said, Learn how to ride is not a definitive answer, I see no reason why you couldn't have said you have 2 much corner speed or not enough lean angle. If i was a new rider and asked a question like this and someone told me to Learn to ride...i would then have known just as much if i never asked the question. not everyone thinks like you do, thats all i am saying. I am not here to see whos epeen is bigger you can have that title i dont care. All i am saying is how you commented had no contribution to being an actual helpful answer to the avg. rider or person.
Ok man...frankly, the dude told you he was a CMRA racer and he doesn't know why he is running wide? He should know this stuff.

Something is fishy. and I think I know what it is.

Last edited by cdill35; 11-18-2009 at 02:05 PM.
cdill35 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 02:04 PM   #107
chase
LOCTITE

Bike(s):
07 yamaha R6

Quote:
You're acting like I'm giving myself the title of instructor, or wannabe know-it-all...never have, never will. I'm not gonna pinpoint what you need to do to fix your issue, on a forum, when I've never seen you ride, and honestly I may not have the right answer anyways

I know what I know, it may not be alot, I can promise it's not everything, but I can assure you I do not participate in this 'eween' contest you speak of. I merely say what I feel, and get attacked for it and called all kinds of names by douchebags like Curt, who really need to take a long hard look at themselves in a mirror before they go trying to label people (hi curt)

If you don't like my answers, fine, not gonna argue with you on that, but some of you guys need to learn the difference between being overly direct, and being a big meanie head.
Old 11-18-2009, 02:14 PM   #108
zerobounds
Captain Concussion

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):

learn to post.
Old 11-18-2009, 02:16 PM   #109
Gixxer-Joy
Banned

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
K8 GSXR-600 (The Pearl)

User is banned

Last edited by Gixxer-Joy; 11-18-2009 at 02:19 PM.
Gixxer-Joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 02:18 PM   #110
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

thread save!

cindy crawford covered only in soap in allure magazine main 10328

340x

d9
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 02:18 PM   #111
chase
LOCTITE

Bike(s):
07 yamaha R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerobounds View Post
learn to post.
Teach me?
Old 11-18-2009, 02:36 PM   #112
ThomAss
I like to ride

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
07 CBR1000rr
06 CBR1000rr
05 CRF450r
09 Ruckus

Why is Curt angry at Chase??
ThomAss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 02:44 PM   #113
Mr. Evo IX

Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
08 GSXR1000
04 KTM SX50

I'm no experty by any means, but the one thing that will send you wide quicker than anything else is a bad line. If you have a good line you can always increase lean angle as necessary to hold your line. I've given myself the pucker factor, but thank I had a good line and I just pressed the bar a little more and made out fine

Are you flattening out your corners.. i.e. starting on the outside of the turn, driving towards the apex? Also what are you looking at in the corner? Are you watching the guy in front of you or the 'line' that you want to be running? Always keep your eyes where you want to go.
Mr. Evo IX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 02:55 PM   #114
Romeo36
Mother****ersi'llkillyou

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
sv650,rc51,gsxr750,6oo,sdg107

Send a message via AIM to Romeo36
All I gotta say is if you Arent running wide every so often then you are trying hard enough
Old 11-18-2009, 02:57 PM   #115
chase
LOCTITE

Bike(s):
07 yamaha R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romeo36 View Post
All I gotta say is if you Arent running wide every so often then you are trying hard enough
We are talkin' about the street here dude.

Oh wait, that's your outlook on the street too, nvm
Old 11-18-2009, 02:57 PM   #116
AJFLo

Feedback Rating: (8)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
K7 GSXR 600
06 Honda 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romeo36 View Post
610 aint the Race Track Romeo!!!
Iím really happy for you and Iím going to let you finish but AJFlo is one of the baddest mother fockers of all time!!!
AJFLo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 03:01 PM   #117
ormand
Deelish!

Trackdays: 9

Bike(s):
2009 Ninja 650r
Total Mileage: 42,000

Im still learning after a few months of riding...the other day, I learned (through youtube videos) that proper body positioning involves pointing your knee in the direction you want to travel. There's soo much to learn lol
Old 11-18-2009, 03:04 PM   #118
Gixxer-Joy
Banned

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
K8 GSXR-600 (The Pearl)

User is banned

Gixxer-Joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 03:10 PM   #119
ormand
Deelish!

Trackdays: 9

Bike(s):
2009 Ninja 650r
Total Mileage: 42,000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixxer-Joy View Post
this is a track technique.... I wouldn't really do this unless you want to drag knee on the streets!

but who am I to tell you what my opinion is....
haha I know. Trust me, I am not dragging anything on the streets but its good to learn proper techniques for when the time is ready
Old 11-18-2009, 03:10 PM   #120
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold