MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 11-17-2009, 10:52 PM   #41
chase
LOCTITE

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
07 yamaha R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Trav View Post
really ?
yes, really. If you can't keep control at those speeds, slow down to the point you can. Congratulations on getting offended bc someone told you something you didn't wanna hear.
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxgs View Post
He's a putz. Don't waste your breath.
Here we go again...
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Why you need to re-evaluate your riding if you EVER run wide RACER X General Discussion (Moto Related) 60 10-22-2012 06:24 PM
Riding For Veterans Run The Sooz Events, Meets and Rides 3 04-29-2011 02:00 AM
SUCK IT LONG, SUCK IT HARD AGGIES!!! HoustonGixxer Sports 50 12-01-2009 01:26 PM
I did not realize... tyme2move Off Topic 17 11-07-2008 05:51 PM
Advertisement
Old 11-17-2009, 11:02 PM   #42
maxgs

Member Garage

Go start some more . At least this time you don't have to lie about it.

Idiot.
Old 11-17-2009, 11:39 PM   #43
dudewhrsmybike

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2011 Kawasaki ZX-10R ABS

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to dudewhrsmybike
^Take it to PM's^

It's GREEN, it's FAST, and it says Ninja on it
dudewhrsmybike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 11:56 PM   #44
The Trav
slowpoke

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 6 years

Its not about getting offended because someone said something I didn't want to hear. I don't give 2 about what you think. I was looking for something of value, but as usual someone had to f it up.

And curt, thanks man. Maybe one day I will be able to ride like you, maybe not. But until then ill be trying, not ragging on others because they aren't perfect like some people on here hint hint.
I will not allow myself the weakness to lay aside responsibility of my actions to a higher power and write that weakness off as destiny. Vigilance, intelligence and discipline keep us alive out there.
-kib
Rest In Peace Chris Owens aka faster321, you will be missed...
The Trav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 12:00 AM   #45
chase
LOCTITE

Bike(s):
07 yamaha R6

Quote:
Its not about getting offended because someone said something I didn't want to hear. I don't give 2 about what you think. I was looking for something of value, but as usual someone had to f it up.

And curt, thanks man. Maybe one day I will be able to ride like you, maybe not. But until then ill be trying, not ragging on others because they aren't perfect like some people on here hint hint.
You don't give 2 about what someone online thinks, yet you asked for opinions from people on an online forum...wow. You can look at my post is invaluable, go ahead, but if you can't control your bike at the speeds you are at, you need to slow down and get the basics down again, then pick up speed.

Not ragging on you, just my answer to your question.

butthurt report form
Old 11-18-2009, 12:04 AM   #46
Moc05
Safety Third

Feedback Rating: (10)

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
2007 ZZR600(Sold)
2008 ZX-10R(Stolen)
2014 Honda Grom

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to Moc05 Send a message via Yahoo to Moc05
I have done one trackday and had a blast and was leaning it with no fear. I learned a lot but I can't transition that to the street. I know that my bike has way more potential than I can give it but I always tend to back off more than I'd like. I cant afford to go to a track day all the time so what are my options?
Moc05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 12:05 AM   #47
burnboy
upliftmofopartyplan

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
2011 kawi z 1000

Old 11-18-2009, 12:06 AM   #48
chase
LOCTITE

Bike(s):
07 yamaha R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moctezuma05 View Post
I have done one trackday and had a blast and was leaning it with no fear. I learned a lot but I can't transition that to the street. I know that my bike has way more potential than I can give it but I always tend to back off more than I'd like. I cant afford to go to a track day all the time so what are my options?
cornerworking for trackday credits maybe?

The way I understand your post is basically you know what your bike is capable of, you just aren't comfortable pushing it there. The only way to get more comfortable is get more seat-time. And I think thats best done at the track.
Old 11-18-2009, 12:27 AM   #49
The Trav
slowpoke

Sorry I didn't specify, I don't give 2 about what you have to say, chase. If someone asked me what they should do about a particular problem; I would at least try and add something of value or do some more research before I opened my mouth, like umm I dunno maybe curt? He always has something of positive value to add to a post. Sorry I asked a question in the first place. I should have just figured it out myself because the answer was so simple, learn how to ride. Duh
I will not allow myself the weakness to lay aside responsibility of my actions to a higher power and write that weakness off as destiny. Vigilance, intelligence and discipline keep us alive out there.
-kib
Old 11-18-2009, 12:31 AM   #50
AJFLo

Feedback Rating: (8)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
K7 GSXR 600
06 Honda 50

^^^ Learn how to ride better by going to the track Maybe it is a mental thing but the only way to get over it is by overcoming your mental block. Safest way to do it is at the track.
Iím really happy for you and Iím going to let you finish but AJFlo is one of the baddest mother fockers of all time!!!
AJFLo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 12:33 AM   #51
chase
LOCTITE

Bike(s):
07 yamaha R6

Quote:
Sorry I didn't specify, I don't give 2 about what you have to say, chase. If someone asked me what they should do about a particular problem; I would at least try and add something of value or do some more research before I opened my mouth, like umm I dunno maybe curt? He always has something of positive value to add to a post. Sorry I asked a question in the first place. I should have just figured it out myself because the answer was so simple, learn how to ride. Duh
Would you like me to sugarcoat my response for you?

Lower your corner speeds and make sure the basics are in order before you go trying to blame the bike or thinking its anything other than the rider. There you go.

What research is needed for that?

and plz, stop nutswinging
Old 11-18-2009, 12:39 AM   #52
switch
two fifty

Trackdays: 10+

Quote:
ive got a 03 gsxr1k with the suspension dialed in for me, re-valved with racetech springs, steering damper, mich pp 2cts, ebcHH pads, and more power than i probably need for the street (so a well tuned machine) and I CONSTANTLY run wide, often so wide i have to park it in the turns and risk running off... i DONT GET IT. i Never ran wide till my wreck last year... so im assuming its something in my head? what do i do? im getting owned in the turns by guys i taught to ride a yr ago on 600's...
have you done a trackday? sounds like you're riding way over your head. maybe its time to stop upgrading the ride, and upgrade the rider. heck, downgrade to one of those 600's (or a 250) thats owning you turns. it kinda sounds like you don't know how to brake properly either.
CMRA #250
"Me? I stand for uncertainty, insecurity, bad taste, fun, and things that go boom in the night."
switch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 12:51 AM   #53
chase
LOCTITE

Bike(s):
07 yamaha R6

Man where's the self-evaluation thread when ya need it.

Oh yah, it's on the forum where people actually know how to ride.
Old 11-18-2009, 01:18 AM   #54
The Trav
slowpoke

aj, yes maybe i should go to the track. thanks for the helpful insight.

chase, choose your words carefully.
-kib
Old 11-18-2009, 01:20 AM   #55
AJFLo

Feedback Rating: (8)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
K7 GSXR 600
06 Honda 50

Quote:
chase, choose your words carefully.
Quit being a Chase...
Iím really happy for you and Iím going to let you finish but AJFlo is one of the baddest mother fockers of all time!!!
AJFLo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 01:31 AM   #56
The Trav
slowpoke

all i asked was a simple question. i explained my situation, and asked for any input that might help me fix my problem or at least attempt to fix my problem. i thought this forum was more like psychobike when i joined it (you know, where people ask questions, and educated people responded) but to my surprise, there are only an elite few on this forum. there are the guys who know what they are doing, and the guys who ride the keyboard. if you dont have anything of value to add in response to my original question, just keep it to yourself.
-kib
Old 11-18-2009, 01:38 AM   #57
The Trav
slowpoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by switch View Post
have you done a trackday? sounds like you're riding way over your head. maybe its time to stop upgrading the ride, and upgrade the rider. heck, downgrade to one of those 600's (or a 250) thats owning you turns. it kinda sounds like you don't know how to brake properly either.
yes i have done a trackday, it was a few years back, and perhaps i do need to get some more practice, maybe i need a lot more practice (probably the latter). the ride isnt the problem, the rider is the problem (i think i stated that in the original post), i was asking what i should do to overcome whatever it is that is holding me back now that wasnt holding me back before. and explain to me how to brake properly when running too wide?
-kib
Old 11-18-2009, 01:51 AM   #58
faster321
i loop spreader circles

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
(2)XR100
RM250 (no longer in my possession)

Send a message via AIM to faster321 Send a message via MSN to faster321 Send a message via Yahoo to faster321
ok, well I usually don't get into things like this, especially on MH; but chase I need to stop you right there. UNLESS you have rode with the person you are talking about, then shut your mouth!!!!! I'm getting really irritated, from the last post I have read of your's why not try some constructive criticism. Rather trying to just talk bad about someone to make yourself feel better, now like I said; I have never rode with you but really just try to be cool and help a fellow rider out when they have a question like a "normal" civilized motorcyclist would do! geez!
Old 11-18-2009, 01:55 AM   #59
The Trav
slowpoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by faster321 View Post
ok, well I usually don't get into things like this, especially on MH; but chase I need to stop you right there. UNLESS you have rode with the person you are talking about, then shut your mouth!!!!! I'm getting really irritated, from the last post I have read of your's why not try some constructive criticism. Rather trying to just talk bad about someone to make yourself feel better, now like I said; I have never rode with you but really just try to be cool and help a fellow rider out when they have a question like a "normal" civilized motorcyclist would do! geez!
chris, thanks man. at least i know there ARE a couple of people on here who grasp the concept of constructive criticism.
-kib
Old 11-18-2009, 01:58 AM   #60
faster321
i loop spreader circles

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
(2)XR100
RM250 (no longer in my possession)

Send a message via AIM to faster321 Send a message via MSN to faster321 Send a message via Yahoo to faster321
It's cool, I really don't have a problem with people talking (of course you and zackers would know) as long as they know you and ain't some two bit douche turtle who, gets off to talking to people he doesn't know about how much they suck, I mean son go and ride and quit being a computer gangster!

Advertisement