MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 11-16-2009, 08:47 AM   #41
Pyrofallout
<<<< S.B.N. >>>>

Feedback Rating: (31)

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 10+

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X View Post
i've switched the boxes, haven't tried w/ the sticker yet. we'll see. is this from personnal experience?
its not a matter of is it physically possible to move the sticker/box from one vehicle to another, HCTRA does not allow the transfer of a tag from one vehicle to another, they haven't since as long as I have been driving, even when we had the bricks, they stated it was for use in the registered vehicle it was assigned to only. Can you move the tag, sure, but when you get pulled over and hassled about the tag being on the wrong vehicle, don't be whining. The information in the system for that tag number will always be tied to that vehicle. Especially on bikes, it seems them tags rarely read like they should, I would think it'd be easy to be going through a main lane toll and it not read just in time for a LEO close by sees that light go off.
Pyrofallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
EZ Tag ? #328 General Discussion (Moto Related) 15 08-16-2011 02:25 PM
EZ Tag Bevo General Discussion (Moto Related) 26 04-09-2009 01:45 PM
EZ Tag specterunseen General Discussion (Moto Related) 32 06-17-2008 11:03 AM
EZ tag The Throwback General Discussion (Moto Related) 4 01-07-2007 03:17 PM
EZ Tag El Magnifico General Discussion (Moto Related) 41 11-17-2006 01:56 PM
Advertisement
Old 11-16-2009, 09:11 AM   #42
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrofallout View Post
its not a matter of is it physically possible to move the sticker/box from one vehicle to another, HCTRA does not allow the transfer of a tag from one vehicle to another, they haven't since as long as I have been driving, even when we had the bricks, they stated it was for use in the registered vehicle it was assigned to only. Can you move the tag, sure, but when you get pulled over and hassled about the tag being on the wrong vehicle, don't be whining. The information in the system for that tag number will always be tied to that vehicle. Especially on bikes, it seems them tags rarely read like they should, I would think it'd be easy to be going through a main lane toll and it not read just in time for a LEO close by sees that light go off.
like i said, i've moved the boxes before physrically and on their records. they didn't have a prob. w/ it......
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 09:25 AM   #43
Pyrofallout
<<<< S.B.N. >>>>

Member Garage

Can a single EZ TAG be used in more than one vehicle?

No. Just as your license plate is unique to your vehicle, your EZ TAG is unique to a license plate.

As the user's agreement states, if you change vehicles and/or license plates you must update your information via your online account, or call 281-875-3279 (M-F 7:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. and Saturday 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.) or visit your local EZ TAG Store with the new license plate/vehicle information. Keeping your data current will ensure your EZ TAG continues to read properly and you will not be charged with "violations" if your new (unregistered) vehicle or license plate is used on the toll road system.

Why can't the new EZ TAGs be removed from my windshield?

Sticker-type EZ TAGs generally become inactive once removed from the windshield and attempting to transfer these TAGs is likely to render them inoperable and you at high risk of receiving toll violations.

HCTRA does not advise attempting to transfer tags; we recommend the purchase of a new EZ TAG when replacing your windshield or purchasing a new vehicle to ensure your toll road access. If you do attempt this transfer, however, please be aware the tag is not likely to operate effectively by raising toll gates or registering at EZ TAG only lanes – you should check your account online or call a customer service representative within 48 hours of your first post-transfer toll road use to ensure your tolls are being posted properly.

via https://www.hctra.org/about_faq/

ed, maybe way back when, but i got an eztag on my first vehicle at 16, since then every new vehicle required a new tag, they never allowed myself or anyone else on my account to simply move the tag.

blaknwite you might want to make sure your tag is working, it could be "working" at the moment simply by reading your plate.

fwiw, i think the tags are stupid, why can't they just all charge via your license plate, the technology is there and already in place. anyone can add a temporary vehicle to their account via the website, but it only allows it for so many days. forbid they don't get to charge their $15 for every $1 RFID sticker they hand out.

Last edited by Pyrofallout; 11-16-2009 at 09:28 AM.
Old 11-16-2009, 09:32 AM   #44
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Bike(s):
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

Quote:

No. Just as your license plate is unique to your vehicle, your EZ TAG is unique to a license plate.

As the user's agreement states, if you change vehicles and/or license plates you must update your information via your online account, or call 281-875-3279 (M-F 7:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. and Saturday 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.) or visit your local EZ TAG Store with the new license plate/vehicle information. Keeping your data current will ensure your EZ TAG continues to read properly and you will not be charged with "violations" if your new (unregistered) vehicle or license plate is used on the toll road system.

Why can't the new EZ TAGs be removed from my windshield?

Sticker-type EZ TAGs generally become inactive once removed from the windshield and attempting to transfer these TAGs is likely to render them inoperable and you at high risk of receiving toll violations.

HCTRA does not advise attempting to transfer tags; we recommend the purchase of a new EZ TAG when replacing your windshield or purchasing a new vehicle to ensure your toll road access. If you do attempt this transfer, however, please be aware the tag is not likely to operate effectively by raising toll gates or registering at EZ TAG only lanes you should check your account online or call a customer service representative within 48 hours of your first post-transfer toll road use to ensure your tolls are being posted properly.

via https://www.hctra.org/about_faq/

ed, maybe way back when, but i got an eztag on my first vehicle at 16, since then every new vehicle required a new tag, they never allowed myself or anyone else on my account to simply move the tag.

blaknwite you might want to make sure your tag is working, it could be "working" at the moment simply by reading your plate.

fwiw, i think the tags are stupid, why can't they just all charge via your license plate, the technology is there and already in place. anyone can add a temporary vehicle to their account via the website, but it only allows it for so many days. forbid they don't get to charge their $15 for every $1 RFID sticker they hand out.

what can i tell you, i've changed boxes when i've sold veh. i've also destroyed boxes trying to take them off.

nowadays i'll just deactivate the sticker. i have 4 stickers. 2 still w/ the backing since i use them w/ the bikes. i keep 1 of them in my tank bag, and i need to change it over to the busa.

i'll let you know how that goes.
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Old 11-16-2009, 10:30 PM   #45
jcsanchez68

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
DUCATI
DUCATI
BMW
Triumph
Aprilia

I have one brick and two street bikes I change it from one bike to the other right before I leave so it is possible
jcsanchez68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 10:32 PM   #46
eltejano
I smell pretty

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 9

Bike(s):
2004 CBR600RR
2002 F4i
2003 CBR600RR track

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcsanchez68 View Post
I have one brick and two street bikes I change it from one bike to the other right before I leave so it is possible
I just leave mine in my jacket in the inside pocket.
Originally Posted by cashtown View Post
tejano? Rape me
eltejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 10:51 PM   #47
Ogre
Ancient one

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
Blackbird

I have a sticker that goes in my tank bag.

I have no idea if it works and don't care. Told them it was for a bike, so if they sent the wrong type it's their issue (I'm no expert on their hardware). If it works great, if not and they photo my plate, they'll bill me, if not and they don't get the plate photo "Oh well".

"The only thing in life that can't be taken away from you is your integrity. You have to give it away"
Ogre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 10:58 PM   #48
Pyrofallout
<<<< S.B.N. >>>>

Member Garage

Quote:
see above, that is against your terms with HCTRA, if you are driving the bike it is not registered to, you risk the fines.
Old 11-16-2009, 11:05 PM   #49
ormand
Deelish!

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 9

Bike(s):
2009 Ninja 650r
Total Mileage: 42,000

https://www.hctra.org/about_faq/

Quote:

Quote:
Can I use my EZ TAG in a rental vehicle?
No because EZ TAGs cannot be transferred from vehicle to vehicle. However, to temporarily add a rental car's license plate to your EZ Account and enjoy the designated EZ TAG lanes, simply call us at 281-875-EASY.

"Since EZ TAGs cannot be transferred from vehicle to vehicle, you cannot use your EZ TAG in a rented vehicle. You do have options on the toll road when in a rented vehicle, however:

1. Our new EZ Plate feature enables you to call us at 281-875-EASY and temporarily add a license plate number to your EZ Account.

2. PlatePass.com enables you to enjoy the speed and convenience of high speed non-stop toll road use while renting a vehicle throughout the United States – simply get in your rental and drive! In most cases, tolls will be charged to the credit card used to rent the vehicle – it’s that EZ! Visit PlatePass.com for cost and details or call PlatePass customer service at (877) 411-4300.

3. Use the cash lanes while you are driving a rental vehicle. NOTE: You will be subject to toll road violation assessments if you fail to pay the tolls. In this event you may receive a violation invoice from HCTRA, or the rental car company may elect to assess additional administrative fees directly. Please ask your rental agent for details"
Old 11-16-2009, 11:15 PM   #50
knee_dragger

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
crf450

I have the brick too. They said bc it's weather proof.
December 2, 1980-October 13, 2007
You will be missed.
knee_dragger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 09:33 AM   #51
urbanXJ
erect engorged member

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
2008 Versys

x2, if the HCTRA dosn't have a tag assigned to the plate you use, you may get a violation in the mail.

I thought I would be smart and put those sticker EZ tags on a thin piece of Lexan plastic so that I chould move it from one car to anther.

I got violations.
urbanXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 09:45 AM   #52
kdog22
Wheelie it son..

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):
2004 Honda xr50
1991 Honda z50
2004 WR450 Supermoto
1988 Honda ZB50 - For Sale

Member Garage

I got a brand spankin new EZ box for the bike and activated it.. 4 days later i hopped on the beltway for a trip to ASI and those never still to this day never posted to my account.. I even called up EZ tag numerous time to ask about it just to make sure i don't get fined.. Still nothing.

I've got my tag under my solo seat cowl but that SHOULDN'T make a difference from what i've heard.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator View Post
Muhammad.........Nostradamus..........Kdog
The cycle continues.
kdog22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 09:48 AM   #53
jcsanchez68

Bike(s):
DUCATI
DUCATI
BMW
Triumph
Aprilia

Like I said I go to the HCTRA website and change it from one bike to the other, maybe this was not clear.

Ofcourse if I dont do this I will get a fine

Quote:
see above, that is against your terms with HCTRA, if you are driving the bike it is not registered to, you risk the fines.
jcsanchez68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 10:07 AM   #54
Pyrofallout
<<<< S.B.N. >>>>

Member Garage

Quote:
Like I said I go to the HCTRA website and change it from one bike to the other, maybe this was not clear.

Ofcourse if I dont do this I will get a fine
You cannot change make/model/color of the vehicle on the website.
Old 11-17-2009, 10:07 AM   #55
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Bike(s):
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

Quote:
You cannot change make/model/color of the vehicle on the website.
sometimes it makes sense to go in person. the old fashioned way.
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Old 11-17-2009, 10:09 AM   #56
Davekg
Honda Rider

Bike(s):
08 CBR

Quote:

+++ on that, when I registered for a tag on my bike I screwed up my tag number. Well, I started getting toll violations even though I had a tag because the tag didn't match the plate.

Davekg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 10:11 AM   #57
Pyrofallout
<<<< S.B.N. >>>>

Member Garage

Quote:
sometimes it makes sense to go in person. the old fashioned way.
Lol. Your gonna go stand in line an hour everytime
you swap bikes?

Anytime I have ever been to an actual EZTag store, it's a nightmare.

And as shown above, their policy does not allow moving a
tag from one vehicle to another. If you can find someone who doesn't realize changing the year, make, model and color is a different bike, then your real lucky. Most the workers I've dealt with there are pretty dumb, but I'm not sure they are THAT dumb.

How about stop being so cheap and spend the $15 to
avoid the $75 in fines.

Last edited by Pyrofallout; 11-17-2009 at 10:13 AM.
Old 11-17-2009, 10:13 AM   #58
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Bike(s):
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

everytime i've been it's been 1-2 people in line tops.....and i've done it a few times. not recently 1-2yrs
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Old 11-17-2009, 10:16 AM   #59
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage

Bikes get the brick. Mine is in the tail and works fine and I picked it up at the EZ Tag store. There was no line.
Bevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 10:17 AM   #60
Pyrofallout
<<<< S.B.N. >>>>

Member Garage

Quote:
everytime i've been it's been 1-2 people in line tops.....and i've done it a few times. not recently 1-2yrs
I've been 3 times in the past few years, everytime there was a line that wrapped around the room.

The last time when I bought my truck in January I was at the Almeda EZTag store for an hour.

Even if it's only 10 mins, your going to go and hope rainman is working everytime you swap your tag from bike a to bike b? good luck.

Advertisement