MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 11-15-2009, 03:42 PM   #21
Pyrofallout
<<<< S.B.N. >>>>

Feedback Rating: (31)

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 10+

Member Garage

Pyrofallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
EZ Tag ? #328 General Discussion (Moto Related) 15 08-16-2011 02:25 PM
EZ Tag Bevo General Discussion (Moto Related) 26 04-09-2009 01:45 PM
EZ Tag specterunseen General Discussion (Moto Related) 32 06-17-2008 11:03 AM
EZ tag The Throwback General Discussion (Moto Related) 4 01-07-2007 03:17 PM
EZ Tag El Magnifico General Discussion (Moto Related) 41 11-17-2006 01:56 PM
Advertisement
Old 11-15-2009, 03:55 PM   #22
MrT713
Grand Kushi

Feedback Rating: (0)

Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
2003 gsxr 600
2007 gsxr 600 Track

Oh wow. You guys r trippin. It's not even that big. Why not mount it on your screen? Or on the dash? But if it works in the storage area, that's all good to. Quick with the pic too.
MrT713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 04:01 PM   #23
cj_sandman
custom user title!!

Bike(s):
'03 CBR 600 F4i
'99 FXST

Brick here as well. Functions perfectly in the EZ-tag lanes where you just fly through, but not so well at booths/gates.

As it was explained to me, when you stick under your seat cowl, it doesn't actually read you until you are directly under the reader. This is why they function poorly at gates, you pretty much have to be parked where the bar is in order for it to read you.
cj_sandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 04:14 PM   #24
Seb656
Forest Gnome in Training

Bike(s):
Passion Red 07 Ninja 650R

I got a sticker like for the car. I have it sitting in my windscreen and it works fine.
Seb656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 05:10 PM   #25
striker
Zip Tie Guy

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
2003 GSXR 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrofallout View Post
motorcycles don't get the sticker tags, they get the blocks.
I have 2 bikes and they both have the sticker type.

Lee Harvey Oswald: Where are you when we need you?
striker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 05:45 PM   #26
SBAtdijetta
Turbo Nut

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
08 CBR1000RR - Sold
12 VROD NRS - Sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrT713 View Post
Oh wow. You guys r trippin. It's not even that big. Why not mount it on your screen? Or on the dash? But if it works in the storage area, that's all good to. Quick with the pic too.
Cause somebody could easily rip it off the inside of your screen? Then they could run up tolls for a few days on your dime?

They would get caught I'm sure, but you still have the hassle of dealing with it and getting a new one. Id say put it under the seat like most do.
Old 11-15-2009, 06:53 PM   #27
timboslice
public punchin bag

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
A quick one

if you do a wheelie through it, your license plate won't get caught in the photo. and i think they have trouble catching stuff over 100 mph. but and ez tag is probably smarter
timboslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 07:14 PM   #28
Versatile337
They call me V or Franco

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2009 GSX-R 750 (Blk/Matte Blk)

Member Garage

So they give us the brick because it's weatherproof. But the part of my windscreen I would put the sticker in never gets wet. I wish I would've known this before I got it. They suggested I put it in front of my bike...riiight, like I paid for a machine that is practically on 2 wheels to have an ugly off white brick in front of it. Under my seat is too full all the time so I guess I'll throw it in my jacket when I need to ride the tollways.
Versatile337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 07:20 PM   #29
ArturoC
51% Geek, 49% SuperHero

Bike(s):
'99 GSXR600
'04 NSR 50
'09 Yamaha WR250X
'07 Triumph 675

Member Garage

Send a message via ICQ to ArturoC Send a message via AIM to ArturoC Send a message via Yahoo to ArturoC Send a message via Skype™ to ArturoC
Quote:

It's really not THAT big. its the same LxW as the stickers, its just thicker.

Also I don't think even that one is waterproof, in fact i would bet it's not judging by the gaps where the battery door is, it can just be easily removed if need be, not so much with the sticker.

Yeah, it's only .5" or .75" longer than the sticker, but the thickness is the deal killer. It's fine for a car, but not for a bike. Especially my 'tard where space is at a premium
CMRA [Prov Nov]ice #404
Sponsors: D&D - GoPro - Amsoil
ArturoC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 07:24 PM   #30
ormand
Deelish!

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 9

Bike(s):
2009 Ninja 650r
Total Mileage: 42,000

I've had the EZ Tag Brick for over 4 months now. I was told to place it in the breast pocket of my jacket, under my seat, etc. I put it in my jacket.

To this day, it has never worked and I have never been billed anywhere lol. I do have to take it out of my jacket for it to work at the gates and I do get billed for that. I was told I would get charged since they can read plates but this have never happened to me I dont ride the tollway much anyway with the bike.
Old 11-15-2009, 07:32 PM   #31
Pyrofallout
<<<< S.B.N. >>>>

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArturoC View Post
Yeah, it's only .5" or .75" longer than the sticker, but the thickness is the deal killer. It's fine for a car, but not for a bike. Especially my 'tard where space is at a premium
I don't think it's any longer than the sticker. But just put it in your pocket dude. I don't get why people are complaining that it's huge. I wouldn't "mount" it on my bike for fear of it being stolen. Or everyone could just you know not have one at all and stop at every toll, dig in your pockets with gloves on and pay each toll cash.
Old 11-15-2009, 07:34 PM   #32
Pyrofallout
<<<< S.B.N. >>>>

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ormand View Post
I've had the EZ Tag Brick for over 4 months now. I was told to place it in the breast pocket of my jacket, under my seat, etc. I put it in my jacket.

To this day, it has never worked and I have never been billed anywhere lol. I do have to take it out of my jacket for it to work at the gates and I do get billed for that. I was told I would get charged since they can read plates but this have never happened to me I dont ride the tollway much anyway with the bike.
Yes it will charge from the plate number if it doesn't read the tag, the tags are highly unreliable and rarely pickup unless you hold them up in the air (like I have to do at exit gates with arms) but the issue with reading plates is most motorcyclists, especially those with sportbikes custom mount their license plate obscuring their view ability from up high where the cameras are located.
Old 11-15-2009, 07:37 PM   #33
Pyrofallout
<<<< S.B.N. >>>>

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile337 View Post
So they give us the brick because it's weatherproof. But the part of my windscreen I would put the sticker in never gets wet. I wish I would've known this before I got it. They suggested I put it in front of my bike...riiight, like I paid for a machine that is practically on 2 wheels to have an ugly off white brick in front of it. Under my seat is too full all the time so I guess I'll throw it in my jacket when I need to ride the tollways.
Read homie, there is no way that things is completely waterproof.

Quote:
Originally Posted by striker View Post
I have 2 bikes and they both have the sticker type.
You can try and ask for a sticker, I did, from multiple people, if they are doing their job like they are supposed to though, they should not be issuing stickers for motorcycles. If you caught some dumbass who didn't realize you were asking for a motorcycle tag, then you got lucky I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by timboslice View Post
if you do a wheelie through it, your license plate won't get caught in the photo. and i think they have trouble catching stuff over 100 mph. but and ez tag is probably smarter
those cameras are capable of taking images without any issue well beyond 100 mph. that is normal speed for half the people on the tollway.
Old 11-15-2009, 07:42 PM   #34
ArturoC
51% Geek, 49% SuperHero

Bike(s):
'99 GSXR600
'04 NSR 50
'09 Yamaha WR250X
'07 Triumph 675

Member Garage

Send a message via ICQ to ArturoC Send a message via AIM to ArturoC Send a message via Yahoo to ArturoC Send a message via Skype™ to ArturoC
Quote:
I don't think it's any longer than the sticker.
It is.. I have both of them right here

Quote:
But just put it in your pocket dude. I don't get why people are complaining that it's huge.
Because it's huge?

Quote:
I wouldn't "mount" it on my bike for fear of it being stolen.
Which is why a sticker makes MUCH more sense. Easier to mount, more inconspicuous, and like tags or inspection stickers, they rip/tear if someone trys to remove it.

WIN WIN WIN!

Quote:
Or everyone could just you know not have one at all and stop at every toll, dig in your pockets with gloves on and pay each toll cash.
Thank you HCTRA spokesman.
CMRA [Prov Nov]ice #404
Sponsors: D&D - GoPro - Amsoil
ArturoC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 08:03 PM   #35
1340HIGH
1340HIGH

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
Harley FXDC
420 Honda Rancher ATV

Before the sticker Cars and Bike got the brick hoever the Bike Brick is bigger.

It is to be more powerful than the car brick, and able to trigger the toll while in a saddle bag, or jacket.
1340HIGH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 08:51 PM   #36
blaknwite

Bike(s):
KTM SuperDuke
SV650 Track
Shuttleworth 500
Ninja 250
Aprilia SR50 DiTech

stickers work fine after removal/reinstall. I have had the same one on three windshields on my truck. Works like a charm.

Watched a guy on a bobbed HD the other day bold as brass flip his number plate down and then back up after the EZ tag lane. Not a big fan of the lifestyle set but was impressed that morning.

As for me, I just ride outlaw on 2 wheels. After all, I'm saving the 'kin planet.
blaknwite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 07:57 AM   #37
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

i have a sticker in my tank bag, dunno if it's legal or if it works, but i have 1.

i need to change it over to the 'busa though.
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 08:37 AM   #38
Pyrofallout
<<<< S.B.N. >>>>

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X View Post
i have a sticker in my tank bag, dunno if it's legal or if it works, but i have 1.

i need to change it over to the 'busa though.
you can't "switch" them from one vehicle/motorcycle to another. The greedy fcks at HCTRA don't allow that. The only thing you can change yourself is the license plate via the website. If you call and try to change the make/model, chances are they are going to deactivate that tag, and send you a new one, after charging a $15 fee to your account that is.
Old 11-16-2009, 08:41 AM   #39
Pyrofallout
<<<< S.B.N. >>>>

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArturoC View Post
It is.. I have both of them right here

Because it's huge?

Which is why a sticker makes MUCH more sense. Easier to mount, more inconspicuous, and like tags or inspection stickers, they rip/tear if someone trys to remove it.

WIN WIN WIN!

Thank you HCTRA spokesman.
Whatever homie, like I said, the tag isn't huge or anything. But whatever, it is what it is. I wouldn't want the sticker on my bike, my bike gets soaked when washing, and at $15 each I don't want to risk destroying my eztag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1340HIGH View Post
It is to be more powerful than the car brick, and able to trigger the toll while in a saddle bag, or jacket.
If it's supposed to be more powerful then it really sucks at it, mine does not read from in the tail or even in my jacket pocket, I have to take it out of my pocket and hold it up at the gate before the arm lifts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blaknwite View Post
stickers work fine after removal/reinstall. I have had the same one on three windshields on my truck. Works like a charm.

Watched a guy on a bobbed HD the other day bold as brass flip his number plate down and then back up after the EZ tag lane. Not a big fan of the lifestyle set but was impressed that morning.

As for me, I just ride outlaw on 2 wheels. After all, I'm saving the 'kin planet.
The last time we took a sticker tag of a windshield the backing comes off. Maybe if your real careful you can move it from one to the other, but after repeated removal, the strength of that glue is gonna get worse every time. One, i don't want some halfway falling off sticker making my vehicle look like , and 2, if you lose it in a truck thats one thing, you can pick it up and slap it back on. You lose it on a bike, and bye bye.

Last edited by Pyrofallout; 11-16-2009 at 08:43 AM.
Old 11-16-2009, 08:41 AM   #40
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

Quote:
you can't "switch" them from one vehicle/motorcycle to another. The greedy fcks at HCTRA don't allow that. The only thing you can change yourself is the license plate via the website. If you call and try to change the make/model, chances are they are going to deactivate that tag, and send you a new one, after charging a $15 fee to your account that is.
i've switched the boxes, haven't tried w/ the sticker yet. we'll see. is this from personnal experience?
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is online now   Reply With Quote

Advertisement