Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track > Mini's, Motards & Flattrack Racing
Forgot info?

Welcome to! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 11-09-2009, 10:12 PM   #1
Feedback Rating: (0)

hot rods or wiseco??

last race of the year and ofcourse i blow the motor in practice!!! lol just my luck. oh well the motor was tired anyways. my question is.... is the hot rods crank any better then wiseco?? also on the top end? i see alot of bikes out there and they swear they are stock 65s but i know mine is stock and it gets walked on out of the turns. we all know how it is when people say stock. lol may do some work but will it take me out of the 65 classes for next year?? thanks in advance
Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
need help with my rods G1xx3rGuy08 Sports 6 07-20-2010 02:37 AM
Rods SealyGSXR Performance and Modifications 6 06-10-2009 03:18 PM
So you think you know connecting rods navigator Off Topic 33 11-13-2008 08:42 AM
The craziest hot rods ever seen? MudBug Off Topic 4 11-08-2008 01:04 PM
Hot Rods & Honeys Knightrider Events, Meets and Rides 14 08-11-2005 01:32 PM
Old 11-09-2009, 10:33 PM   #2

Not sure about the kx/rm specific, but seems like the general trend is Hotrods over weisco on the cranks.

For the top end, why not stick with OEM (if you are going to stay 65cc). Generally better quality control and cheaper than aftermarket. Shoot me a PM and I will send you a link to a site with good discounts on OEM parts (don't want to step on any sponsers toes!).

Any idea on what happened to your motor? Notice your bike was in pieces on Saturday!

I am going to build my motor this winter also. Why not step up to 72cc? All classes you can run with a kx65 are legal up to 72cc. I cannot say for sure, but I am almost certain those bikes that are leaving you in the straight are 72cc with a fair amount of motor work!
mcd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 10:39 PM   #3

that was kinda part of the question. can we go up to a 72cc and still be legal for all of the f5 classes? i pulled off the track at the end of the last practice and it was making a horrible noise out of nowhere. damon listened to it just for a second and he said it was the lower end. one of the bearings:( i planned on rebuilding regardless though.
Old 11-10-2009, 11:35 AM   #4
The Doctor
Feedback Rating: (8)

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 10+

A Ducati
A KaToom
Several Yamahas...
Some Kawis

Send a message via AIM to BlackWidow
F5 Classes = upto 75cc, so 72 kit or 74.9 kit.. all are legal.

The Motard 65 class = only upto 65cc.

So by boring/stroking, your still good in F5, no more Motard 65 for you though.
A tip somebody gave me on Endurance Racing...

It is necessary to relax your muscles when you can. Relaxing your brain is fatal...
BlackWidow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 07:43 PM   #5

thanks, glad i got 2 bikes that i can race then. gotta see what i can come up with so i can keep up. for sure going with a diff brand of tire. just dunno about what to do with the motor yet. wish i was rich like you j/k
Old 11-10-2009, 10:02 PM   #6
Why am I not a MH sponsor
Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

2012 KTM RC8RS

Member Garage

I just put a Hotrod's crank kit in my WR450. It seems to be the one of choice.
SCRC John is offline   Reply With Quote