Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 11-09-2009, 06:08 PM   #1
Reformed Squid
Feedback Rating: (0)

In BBC Interview Rossi Says, "It's me or Jor-Gay"
Reformed Squid is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I-45 Jelly Workers Pt. 3 "The Interview" Gumby General Discussion (Moto Related) 23 05-26-2010 07:13 AM
Rossi BBC interview nutmegchoi Taking it to the Track 5 11-09-2007 08:46 PM
Old 11-09-2009, 06:18 PM   #2
On hiatus
Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Until the official link to BBC is posted or better yet the interview, I think this was produced at the onion.
ileono918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 07:14 PM   #3
Reformed Squid

Yeah, because that physical wall that Yamaha transports around and installs in the garage between the two at every race is just so they can have something to hang pictures on. Soup's usually pretty accurate with their news. We'll see, as with Suppo going to HRC the rumor mill is working overtime.
Reformed Squid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 08:26 PM   #4
Sink or swim
Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 3 years

'03 GSXR 600 Sold
??? Not Sure ???

Valentino Rossi
Rossi: "Yamaha Have To Decide Between Me And Lorenzo"
Submitted by David Emmett on Sun, 2009-11-08 23:59.
in DucatiJorge LorenzoValentino RossiYamahaMotoGPValencia, Spain
The Rossi-to-Ducati saga continues apace, with maneuvering for the 2011 contract negotiations taking place even on the grid of the final race of 2009. Interviewed for BBC television, Valentino Rossi got in a powerful blow, demanding that Yamaha make a decision about which of their two star riders they want to build their future on. "Yamaha have to choose between me and Jorge for 2011," Rossi told the BBC.

The Italian freely admitted he had been approached by Ducati, and that he had an option to ride there. "I could change bike, ride for Ducati and try to win the world championship with an Italian bike. That would be a great motivation," Rossi said.

At the same time, Rossi underlined his strong relationship with Yamaha. "I prefer at this moment to stay with Yamaha because the love between me and Yamaha, our relationship, is something special."

Rumors of Ducati's courtship of Rossi have triggered a feeding frenzy in the Italian media, who are desperately keen for the match up to take place. However, plenty of room for doubt remains over how serious Rossi is in considering leaving Yamaha, as the Italian is renowned for making public statements to achieve a desired effect, either from a team, a factory, a rival or even the sport of MotoGP itself. Rossi's statements fit neatly into this pattern of putting pressure on one party, in order to achieve the goals he set himself for the future.
gsxrjai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 10:47 PM   #5

Experience: 1 year
Trackdays: 3

01 Bandit 1200

Member Garage

The interview is part of the pre-race coverage on the BBCplayer. It came as a side bar conversation after Rossi talks thru the last lap in Catalunya where he owned Lorenzo passing him in the last turn. He said it was the best last lap he can remeber. He also comented on the Ducati reference made above and straight up said Yami will have to decide him or me for 2011. Then Rossi goes out and beats his teamate to prove he's the man.
Experience is not something you get until just after you needed it.
kenup283 is offline   Reply With Quote