MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Closed Thread
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 11-09-2009, 02:58 PM   #21
spartandude
Custom User Title

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
750 honda shadow spirit

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSXR_911 View Post
Well if you DO get away and some how HPD's FOX wasn't dispatched (the copper chopper) and the officer sees you again down the road, chances are you'll get pulled over for "low tire pressure", "dirty license plate", "low blinker fluid" or whatever it is we can "find" for reasonable suspicion (for traffic stops, don't get this confused with probable cause).
Oh drat!
I haven't been checking that. Runs to make sure the reservoir is full.

Don't run. Not just my opinion.
I need to find who said "flesh; like butter on asphalt"
My left eye turned into my skull and attempted to eat its way through my brain to escape the visual assault of stupidity. Awww , it just got to my Primary Motor Cortex. I can feeeeeeeeeeelllkknowqenf npnvpjw jwq uqvrp
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hit & Run - Need Plate Run MadseasoN General Discussion (Moto Related) 77 08-30-2016 09:32 PM
Run forest run cruise.. Fastola Events, Meets and Rides 6 04-27-2013 01:13 PM
MH Superbike showdown pre run run ? H2447INTX Events, Meets and Rides 29 01-09-2010 06:33 PM
RUN RONNIE RUN lanzer913 Off Topic 0 03-14-2009 08:01 PM
Advertisement
Old 11-09-2009, 03:08 PM   #22
TomballD

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
DR350
XR50
TDub-200
XR100-Tarded
1981 XR80

I've been pulled over in my car because it matched the description of a vehicle that fled earlier in the day. The cop was cool and let me go cause I was speeding, but they will and do pull people over without discretion. Just take the ticket people, its cheaper and safer.
Old 11-09-2009, 03:44 PM   #23
FlipSideUp
This Flip Rides Nekkid

Feedback Rating: (13)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'03 Honda 919 Hornet
'89 Yamaha FZR400 Trackbike
'83 Honda CB650SC Nighthawk
'07 Step-2 (ok, it's my daughter's)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
Typically 4 things happen if you run;
1) You get away.
2) You get caught, your bike gets towed and impounded, you go to jail and face a felony charge on your record.
3) You get way initially, LEO shows up at your door and takes you away in cuffs, see #2.
4) While evading, you hit a wall / car / curb etc. and an RIP or jimmyjoebob went down and is in ICU thread gets made, creating much drama.

Risk vs. reward isn't worth it, but that's just me, YMMV.
+1... and that RIP may include the baby in the backseat that your bike just slammed into.
Old 11-09-2009, 07:22 PM   #24
Snow
Can I kick it?

Feedback Rating: (0)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Sick 7-5

A while back I passed a cop who was going in the opposite direction on one of my frequented roads going over 15% of the posted speed limit. I looked in my mirrors and saw his brake lights. Never knew if he turned around or anything.

I did not gun it, I pretty much maintained my speed (which really was not a dangerous speed at all), but I did take a side road very shortly after passing him. I do not feel my actions harmed, or could have harmed anyone... and really have no idea if that constable ever turned around for me.

Another time I passed a cop who was sitting on the side of the road, facing in my direction ... and I immediately pulled over. I was pulled over before he was pulled out.

No sense in risking your life, the police officer's life, or someone else's life for a $200 traffic ticket.

I actually got out of the ticket where I immediately pulled over.
Old 11-09-2009, 07:55 PM   #25
Davekg
Honda Rider

Bike(s):
08 CBR

I'm not going into details in open forum but my luck sucks to much to run from popo....me,, I don't do it...

Old 11-09-2009, 08:19 PM   #26
mx6er

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
TL1KR
street legal xr50

Member Garage

my luck with johnny always sucks. most of the time i've been caught at the single time that i've been messing around (car or bike). Or on an unfamiliar road. i always try to play it as cool as possible by giving plenty of time to travel. its very hard transitioning from 20+second civic to 10 second bike. roads i take and ways i ride/drive are different like night and day.

and yea sometimes when i see a cop and i know that i just fckd up i just pull over and look like my bike is jacked up or make it look like im lost n dnt know wtf. last week going to school there is this nice sweeping left by a hospital, i take the turn then spot HPD charger with ghost letters. i go and pull into hospital and start looking for parking. i pull into a no outlet place and u turn back. cop actually followed me. so i parked it and pretended to call someone then left. whew!
Old 11-09-2009, 11:47 PM   #27
usmc23
Banned

User is banned

Old 11-10-2009, 12:01 AM   #28
Speedy179

Glad I didn't get my degree from whatever college you attended, apparently spelling and grammar don't count.

FWIW, it's their not there, and know instead of no.

You are correct though:

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmc23 View Post
I am a dumb ....
You prove it with every post you make.
Old 11-10-2009, 12:04 AM   #29
AJFLo

Feedback Rating: (8)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
K7 GSXR 600
06 Honda 50

^^^ Noob hating on a noob...
Iím really happy for you and Iím going to let you finish but AJFlo is one of the baddest mother fockers of all time!!!
Old 11-10-2009, 02:03 AM   #30
usmc23
Banned

User is banned

Old 11-10-2009, 02:04 AM   #31
usmc23
Banned

User is banned

Old 11-10-2009, 02:15 AM   #32
usmc23
Banned

User is banned

Old 11-10-2009, 02:30 AM   #33
Davekg
Honda Rider

Bike(s):
08 CBR

wow

Old 11-10-2009, 02:32 AM   #34
usmc23
Banned

User is banned

Old 11-10-2009, 02:47 AM   #35
burnboy
upliftmofopartyplan

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
2011 kawi z 1000

with posts like yours you wont last long here at motohouston. but you're the coolest guyin the world,lol. not. i said before humility goes a long way. did they teach you the definition of the word humility? you're an idiot. there ya go. no one gives a **** about your inheritance or you for that matter. can we get a ban hammer in the house please? someone get rid of this dude. mods? here, let me report you. we'll just let the moderators do their thing.
Old 11-10-2009, 02:53 AM   #36
burnboy
upliftmofopartyplan

Bike(s):
2011 kawi z 1000

Quote:
when I said nothing to insult them!!!!
are you kidding me? most of your posts here of late are insulting to most anyone i would assume. directly directed or not. you sir are offensive in every way. i dont think you have made any friends here, i'm pretty sure actually. between this and your posts the other evening. grow up
Old 11-10-2009, 02:54 AM   #37
Davekg
Honda Rider

Bike(s):
08 CBR

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnboy View Post
with posts like yours you wont last long here at motohouston. but you're the coolest guyin the world,lol. not. i said before humility goes a long way. did they teach you the definition of the word humility? you're an idiot. there ya go. no one gives a **** about your inheritance or you for that matter. can we get a ban hammer in the house please? someone get rid of this dude. mods? here, let me report you. we'll just let the moderators do their thing.
+++ I feel you on that one Burnboy, at first at 0200hrs he's faintly entertaining then suddenly

Old 11-10-2009, 03:01 AM   #38
usmc23
Banned

User is banned

Old 11-10-2009, 03:17 AM   #39
burnboy
upliftmofopartyplan

Bike(s):
2011 kawi z 1000

if these insults are so personal for you, then maybe internet chat forums are not for you. you leave yourself openlike a book when you open your mouth. quite easy to read actually. my expression that you are an idiot, is not personal. i dont know you. but you dont know me. like you said, yu dont know anyone here. most of us personally know eachother. many of us consider eachother friends. you sir will miss out on that if youre not careful. believe it or not, people actually care around here. about fellow riders in general. when you spout from your fingertips nothing usefull, such as condoning things that obviously are not going to be welcome, just leads me to believe you make these posts on purpose. therefore trying to start problems. especially to think your financial position in life like, hurts mine or anyone elses feelings is quite childish. you have assumed. therefore making an out of only you. so you have succeeded. maybe you should show your own self out. if not, keep it up and you'll get perma banned from visiting the site forever. maybe you dont care if that happens. then why are you here?
Old 11-10-2009, 03:22 AM   #40
burnboy
upliftmofopartyplan

Bike(s):
2011 kawi z 1000

Quote:
the post I put that was not insulting to anyone.
you should re-read your posts that seem to bring the flames. you get your feelings hurt pretty easy. you shouldnt assume that you have one upped anyone here with your explosive nanananabooboo about your inheritance. which is where my telling you to grow up comes into play.

Advertisement