MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Closed Thread
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 11-09-2009, 01:11 PM   #1
mx6er

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
TL1KR
street legal xr50

Member Garage

to those who run from 5.0

what happens then? im just curious as no one i've talked (i dont talk to many pple) to can give me a true answer

if this is a repost sorry and point me in a direction of thread

for those who have ran away and will continue to... im not hating critising(sp) flaming etc... just want to know what happens?

situation:
-run from cops, and u sucessfully get away
-but they dont got your plates cuz of tucked plates or whatever just a visual description of bike
-now some pple have one of a kind bikes easily ID custom paint, chrome etc.. easily idable and others arent
-flash foward a week or so etc... later the same cop that you got away from identifies you/the bike

then what?? does he pursiut again? proceed to process u with ticket, jail etc... or let u off. do they not bother at all cuz they cant prove or not worth his time??

what happens??
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hit & Run - Need Plate Run MadseasoN General Discussion (Moto Related) 77 08-30-2016 09:32 PM
Run forest run cruise.. Fastola Events, Meets and Rides 6 04-27-2013 01:13 PM
MH Superbike showdown pre run run ? H2447INTX Events, Meets and Rides 29 01-09-2010 06:33 PM
RUN RONNIE RUN lanzer913 Off Topic 0 03-14-2009 08:01 PM
Advertisement
Old 11-09-2009, 01:14 PM   #2
Patrick
Motorcycles Unlimited

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'14 Speed Triple R, '82 CB900F, '13 Streetglide

Typically 4 things happen if you run;
1) You get away.
2) You get caught, your bike gets towed and impounded, you go to jail and face a felony charge on your record.
3) You get way initially, LEO shows up at your door and takes you away in cuffs, see #2.
4) While evading, you hit a wall / car / curb etc. and an RIP or jimmyjoebob went down and is in ICU thread gets made, creating much drama.

Risk vs. reward isn't worth it, but that's just me, YMMV.

NEED GEAR? We have a great selection in stock but if we need to order it we GUARANTEE FIT!
Where Houston riders go to have their bikes worked on, done right the first time!

muad

1964 FM 1960 West
Houston, TX 77090
Hours: Tues.-Fri. 9:30-6:00 Sat. 9-5:30
www.motorcycles-unlimited.com
http://www.facebook.com/motorcyclesunlimited
e-mail: patrick@motorcycles-unlimited.com

Last edited by Patrick; 11-09-2009 at 01:17 PM.
Old 11-09-2009, 01:16 PM   #3
Hooligan
Presrvtionthrudestruction

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
08 CBR 600rr
06 GSXR600
07 Honda crf50 (stunt)
Your mom

Send a message via AIM to Hooligan
Cops can haul you off for any reason they want, Probable cause or not. They are the law and can do whatever they want with you.

But I always pull over yessir
I learned the awesomeness that is Hooligan.
Never trust your own eyes, believe what you are told.
Old 11-09-2009, 01:18 PM   #4
Mark06gsxr
Let 'er eat

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):
06/09 hybrid gsxr 750
'08 Duc' 848(sold)
'06 Gsxr 1000(sold)
'02 954rr(sold)

Prob harass the sh*t out of you.

Im sure its diff for a chase, but I think its only like a certain amount of hours before they really cant do anything. At least when cali got hit-n-run. Thats what the cop said. If they dont find the guy within X amount of time then its over..

BTW do a google search.. Was bored one night and looked some of that up. Someone even too the time to do a write up of what to do.. Kinda crazy to me.. Never worth it.
Old 11-09-2009, 01:19 PM   #5
AJFLo

Feedback Rating: (8)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
K7 GSXR 600
06 Honda 50

1) You get away.
2) You get caught, your bike gets towed and impounded, you go to jail and face a felony charge on your record.
3) You get way initially, LEO shows up at your door and takes you away in cuffs, see #2.
4) While evading, you hit a wall / car / curb etc. and an RIP or jimmyjoebob went down and is in ICU thread gets made, creating much drama.

Iím really happy for you and Iím going to let you finish but AJFlo is one of the baddest mother fockers of all time!!!
Old 11-09-2009, 01:20 PM   #6
mx6er

Bike(s):
TL1KR
street legal xr50

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
1) You get away.

agree with risk vs reward, not saying im going to run around and do it. how does he know to show at your door with no plates to run by and check?

just wanting to know the after effect: u run, u dissapear. some time goes by cop is driving next to you or he spots you .... does he
1. go after u again and assuming u dont run get jail, ticket etc...
2. doesnt even bother
Old 11-09-2009, 01:21 PM   #7
Patrick
Motorcycles Unlimited

Bike(s):
'14 Speed Triple R, '82 CB900F, '13 Streetglide

If LEO see's you afterwards and thinks you're the guy that ran, he'll probably attempt to pull you over again, especially if your plate is obscured.

NEED GEAR? We have a great selection in stock but if we need to order it we GUARANTEE FIT!
Where Houston riders go to have their bikes worked on, done right the first time!

muad

1964 FM 1960 West
Houston, TX 77090
Hours: Tues.-Fri. 9:30-6:00 Sat. 9-5:30
www.motorcycles-unlimited.com
http://www.facebook.com/motorcyclesunlimited
e-mail: patrick@motorcycles-unlimited.com
Old 11-09-2009, 01:21 PM   #8
AJFLo

Feedback Rating: (8)

Bike(s):
K7 GSXR 600
06 Honda 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by mx6er View Post
agree with risk vs reward, not saying im going to run around and do it. how does he know to show at your door with no plates to run by and check?

just wanting to know the after effect: u run, u dissapear. some time goes by cop is driving next to you or he spots you .... does he
2. doesnt even bother
PoPo cans ay you fit the description of a wanted Serial Killer and your goes to jail. Just saying...
Iím really happy for you and Iím going to let you finish but AJFlo is one of the baddest mother fockers of all time!!!
Old 11-09-2009, 01:24 PM   #9
dudewhrsmybike

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
2011 Kawasaki ZX-10R ABS

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to dudewhrsmybike
I got pulled over once in Pearland cause they thought I was a suspect. Something about a Yellow bike running from them earlier that day. Well, my bike is Orange Anyways, that will tell you right there that they will stop you if they think you fit a description. If your not doing anything wrong, no need to split.

It's GREEN, it's FAST, and it says Ninja on it
Old 11-09-2009, 01:26 PM   #10
MudBug
Banned

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 6

Bike(s):
1994 kawi zx7
1991 DR250

Member Garage

User is banned

Old 11-09-2009, 01:27 PM   #11
lisiecki1
survivor of 7/4/08 ride..

Feedback Rating: (5)

Member Garage

It's my understanding (though i haven't researched it) that they have a 72 hour window to locate and arrest you if they have a good way of identifying you. After that 72 hours is up I'm sure you can look forward to a lot of harrassment if you "fit the description" (read: you were riding a motorcycle). The best and safest thing to do is pull over, but reading your original post it looks like you already know that.
Old 11-09-2009, 01:27 PM   #12
MudBug
Banned

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 6

Bike(s):
1994 kawi zx7
1991 DR250

Member Garage

User is banned

Old 11-09-2009, 01:29 PM   #13
SBAtdijetta
Turbo Nut

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
08 CBR1000RR - Sold
12 VROD NRS - Sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by mx6er View Post

2. doesnt even bother
They can't really show up at your door if they don't get your plate.

But the only reason I can see for running is if the risk < the consequences of stopping. I don't see that ever being the case unless you have a warrant, are wanted for murder, or just robbed a liquor store or something similar... lol

IMHO take your ticket and get it dismissed if you can (Deferred adjudication, or MSF) otherwise pay up.
Old 11-09-2009, 01:33 PM   #14
Chubby Racer
The Confusion

Bike(s):
'07 R6
'02 KLX110(tarded)

Send a message via ICQ to Chubby Racer Send a message via AIM to Chubby Racer Send a message via MSN to Chubby Racer Send a message via Yahoo to Chubby Racer
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisiecki1 View Post
It's my understanding (though i haven't researched it) that they have a 72 hour window to locate and arrest you if they have a good way of identifying you. After that 72 hours is up I'm sure you can look forward to a lot of harrassment if you "fit the description" (read: you were riding a motorcycle). The best and safest thing to do is pull over, but reading your original post it looks like you already know that.
I don't believe there's ANY statute of limitations on speeding tickets. If they can prove it was you at any time in the future, they can still write the ticket.
A motorcycle is a joy machine. It's a machine of wonders, a metal bird, a motorized prosthetic. It's light and dark and shiny and dirty and warm and cold lapping over each other; it's a conduit of grace, it's a catalyst for bonding the gritty and the holy.

CMRA #302
Old 11-09-2009, 01:38 PM   #15
GSXR_911
I'm awesome, mom said so

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
2008 GSX-R750 Black/Black

Well if you DO get away and some how HPD's FOX wasn't dispatched (the copper chopper) and the officer sees you again down the road, chances are you'll get pulled over for "low tire pressure", "dirty license plate", "low blinker fluid" or whatever it is we can "find" for reasonable suspicion (for traffic stops, don't get this confused with probable cause). Now hopefully you don't have pressing plans, cause you'll be on the side of the road for a little while. As every little detail of your driving record and every set of numbers on your bike is run. Then if the barrage of questions it hopes you let something slip, and THEN since there are up to three lines of violations to fill (why let two go to waste) prepare to sign on the dotted line...oh and hope you have all your insurance and license up to date. If not its a long walk home. So basically prepare to be hassled as you only brought it on yourself. But thats not the best part, when you tell your tale of triumph to all your biker friends, and you see the disgust in their eyes cause thanks to YOU they too went through the same bullshit We refer this as a P.O.P. charge ( off the police)
And to those that are saying " cops can do whatever they want" not true but knowledge of the law that state reps have passed, sure helps.
Old 11-09-2009, 01:41 PM   #16
S@int

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
2007 R6(sold)
01' Gixxer 750 (sold)
2010 Yamaha R1

plain and simple if you get caught a few weeks later they have to be able to prove it was you 8 times out of 10 you where going to fast for them to see your plates and since they make more then one of what ever bike you have it would be dismissed(you'll prob. get harrassed and let go)but its not worth it. if you run and get caught its felony evasion they take your bike keep it and you do time.
Old 11-09-2009, 01:42 PM   #17
Moc05
Safety Third

Feedback Rating: (10)

Bike(s):
2007 ZZR600(Sold)
2008 ZX-10R(Stolen)
2014 Honda Grom

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to Moc05 Send a message via Yahoo to Moc05
I guess it depends on the cop, I had a cop come up on me after I had been traveling a high rate of speed. I pulled over and he told me he paced me at 120 in a 65. I had my plate visible, insurance, inspection. He let me go with just a speeding ticket, did deffered and it got dismissed. It was actually on the way to meet up with the forest group one morning, I think Cali said he had got a ticket that morning too

I have talked to alot of cops that say they wont even chase a bike if it evades tho.
Old 11-09-2009, 01:45 PM   #18
jetcycles
DRIVEN BY ANGER

Feedback Rating: (14)

Bike(s):
1950 Chevy Deluxe
1980 Honda CT70
1987 Kawasaki 650SX
1996 Honda Z50

do a search for nosravenr1 and you'll see what happens when you run. . .Search it now!!!
Old 11-09-2009, 01:53 PM   #19
BigComfy

Bike(s):
SV1k (sold)
CRB6 Track Bike (sold)
Daytona 1200 (parted)
1st Gen FZ1 (sold)
1st Gen SV650 (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetcycles View Post
do a search for nosravenr1 and you'll see what happens when you run. . .Search it now!!!

"Life doesn't start until 150mph'
Old 11-09-2009, 02:27 PM   #20
mx6er

Bike(s):
TL1KR
street legal xr50

Member Garage

so from what i gather its mostly a case by case with many variables that effect outcomes. there is no "formula by books?" . variables are with LEO (HPD, HCS, constable), plates wether they can track it, offenses speeding and etc

nothing that set in stone? can any one direct quote something from a law book?
Closed Thread

Advertisement