MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 11-05-2009, 10:30 PM   #21
Osiris102406
Osiris

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
05 CBR 600RR
99 GSXR 600
01 GSXR 750
01 CBR F4I
06 GSXR 1000

you have 7 years experience and this is your first ticket.....?

i could own a small Island off the coast by now, not to mention the amount of Com service i have had to do, and all of the differed driving,,, you are a F@kin saint.

be glad you have a licence and probably a decent Insurance rate @ least you only got a ticket, he could have been worse... trust me!
Osiris102406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
speeding ticket 1slowR1 General Discussion (Moto Related) 10 08-19-2013 08:21 PM
Speeding ticket! darklineninja General Discussion (Moto Related) 25 12-27-2012 05:04 AM
Speeding ticket pwned Fresnel Phan Attorney At Law 1 11-04-2010 04:52 PM
Speeding Ticket FieroReinke Off Topic 9 06-11-2009 10:50 AM
How to Get Out of a Speeding Ticket bioGuru Off Topic 1 03-29-2009 06:37 PM
Advertisement
Old 11-05-2009, 10:34 PM   #22
lanzer913
Cool Story Bro

Feedback Rating: (6)

Experience: 7 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
08 GSXR 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osiris102406 View Post
you have 7 years experience and this is your first ticket.....?

i could own a small Island off the coast by now, not to mention the amount of Com service i have had to do, and all of the differed driving,,, you are a F@kin saint.

be glad you have a licence and probably a decent Insurance rate @ least you only got a ticket, he could have been worse... trust me!
first speeding ticket. not first ticket. those improper use of a motor vehicle, unsafe moving, reckless drving, and careless driving tickets still hurt too. not to mention being military usually helps get out of speeding violations
lanzer913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 10:45 PM   #23
Osiris102406
Osiris

Bike(s):
05 CBR 600RR
99 GSXR 600
01 GSXR 750
01 CBR F4I
06 GSXR 1000

double post PC issue
Old 11-06-2009, 01:42 AM   #24
ChrisGo

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
gsxr600-sold
looking for a trackbike!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanzer913 View Post
not trying to fight it. plan and simple i was speeding.
The point isnt to prove that you weren't speeding, its to keep it off your record and to save the points against your DL
ChrisGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 04:02 AM   #25
Inago

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
2007 R6

I haven't gotten a ticket on the bike yet, but in my car, I've been pulled over more times than I can remember. But even then, not one ticket is on my record - lawyers can really help you out with the point hit. They have been tightening up the system recently, making it harder to work the ticket, but the majority of the time (if the officer is there) the lawyer can work deals that citizens just don't have access to. It's well worth the cost in my opinion.

As far as the officers actions are concerned, I believe what he did to be unacceptable. Just because of his apparent prejudice towards bikes, he though you were a threat to run you off the road. I have never run when being pulled over (or even considered it), but usually signal I see him, and wait for a safe place to pull over (a lot of them appreciate that and I have been given small breaks because of that). But forcing you to the shoulder was dangerous of the officer and could have injured someone who was paying less attention. As far as the key is concerned, that would be a pet peeve of mine, and I would have asked kindly for the key back. He was not entitled to your personal property unless he deems you to be a danger with that property to himself, others, or to yourself, and it seamed like you didn't do anything to entice him other than riding a bike. For some reason, an officer taking my key would me off more than him almost blindsiding me with his car, but that's just me.
Inago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 06:54 AM   #26
GAU-8
official thread ender.

LANZ,

There are may few things that may have enticed him to thinking you were a runner. Now it still does NOT condone his actions, but he may have been ready to give pursuit, and then was stopped "mid chase" by your actions before a chase began.

you dont have to answer, but some things to think about.

1-HOW FAST were you going over the posted S.L.?

--> 5 mph over, ok, 30 or faster..no no! almost any LEO will have a problem, even if you slow down quickly.)

2. did you KNOW he was coming after you? and how long did it take to come up to to you after his initial light up?

--> in short the moment you see lights go up- pull over. "worst case" scenario, it looks like you are just making room for the officer to use the road, if he was actually chasing someone else. if they are after you it acknowledges that you are not going to "play dumb" until he is right onyour . "earn that ticket writing bubba..make me pull over"

3. people pull runners. cage or bike. mostly high performance bikes.

--> as soon as you stop. pull your keys out. hold em out high/far and hold for a few seconds, then slowly place them on the ground. dont chuck em, or drop em. SLOWLY place them down. anything else show an attitude.

your words say you are responsible for the illegal action you did, but riding language/scenario that arose may have looked different to the LEO. again it doesnt justify his actions, but he could have been speeding up to give chase, and then realised you were slowing down, and caught in difficult moment to pull you over properly.

in short, if you are doing wrong, and know it, pull over QUICKLY, and put LEO at ease. anything else could be used in court (like video) against you - like you were arrogant, or making the officer needing to go above normal meanse to pull you over.

better luck next time, and hope it works out for ya this round.
GAU-8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 07:20 AM   #27
zerobounds
Captain Concussion

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAU-8 View Post
as soon as you stop. pull your keys out. hold em out high/far and hold for a few seconds, then slowly place them on the ground. dont chuck em, or drop em. SLOWLY place them down. anything else show an attitude.
Old 11-06-2009, 08:26 AM   #28
Texas94fs
SBN Bus Driver

Trackdays: 5

Bike(s):
2006 Triumph Thruxton

Member Garage

heath thats pretty f-ed up. file a complaint at least and you may actually want to go the lawyer route in court. Sure you were speeding but he endangered your life, I think that is your best bet. This is what happens because of all the waffles that run unfortunately.

April 2009 BOTM
Texas94fs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 08:45 AM   #29
tiatool
Pro Racer Mode Enabled

Feedback Rating: (14)

Bike(s):
08 Raven
05 Vstar 1100

Trial by jury. David Sprecher.
Old 11-06-2009, 09:55 AM   #30
morvegil
Banned

Bike(s):
2008 Night Rod Special(s)
2008 1200 Sportster(s)
2008 Triumph Bonneville(w)
2008 Triumph Sprint ST
2010 Ducati Streetfighter

User is banned

morvegil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 10:00 AM   #31
GAU-8
official thread ender.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerobounds View Post
I made a mistake once that LOOKED like i was gonna pull a runner.... frozen grass in your mouth doesnt feel good at 2 in the morning and 2 cops with a knee in your back and a hot laid over bike on your legs.

learned my lesson, and am absolutely passive/ slow as soon as the blips flip.
GAU-8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 11:45 AM   #32
urbanXJ
erect engorged member

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
2008 Versys

Raymond S Rutherford Law Ofc
1812 Lubbock St
Houston, TX 77007
713-880-8310

you'll thank me later
urbanXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 12:45 PM   #33
GSXR_911
I'm awesome, mom said so

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
2008 GSX-R750 Black/Black

GAU-8 said it best, how long was he behind you before you noticed him? Sucks bro was it HPD? We saw 6 on our trip back to Katy last Wed and each had someone pulled over on I-10. Sorry that you got a ticket, but should be a pretty easy fix if its your first "speeding" ticket. I will say it takes a real man to own up and say what you said about you did wrong. So
Old 11-06-2009, 02:06 PM   #34
lanzer913
Cool Story Bro

Bike(s):
08 GSXR 600

i came onto 610 from 45 northbound lane as soon as i was rounding the turn onto 610 he was sitting right there i was doing 75-80 mph, posted was 60 mph. as soon as i saw him i slowed to about 55-60 mph, to late he was coming on the road and hauling . he didnt turn his lights on till he was on my left side pushing me onto the shoulder, traffic was bad it was during lunch hours. it was HPD. white car with reflective white lettering across the side
Old 11-06-2009, 02:26 PM   #35
AJFLo

Feedback Rating: (8)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
K7 GSXR 600
06 Honda 50

Quote:
i came onto 610 from 45 northbound lane as soon as i was rounding the turn onto 610 he was sitting right there i was doing 75-80 mph, posted was 60 mph. as soon as i saw him i slowed to about 55-60 mph, to late he was coming on the road and hauling . he didnt turn his lights on till he was on my left side pushing me onto the shoulder, traffic was bad it was during lunch hours. it was HPD. white car with reflective white lettering across the side
I've seen those Reflective Lettering cars before. Ya... Im sure he/she has seen alot of runners. If I felt my life in danger I would be extremely and file a complaint.

I would have maybe said something to the LEO (In a Respectful Manner) but I doubt that would do anything but anger him a little more or maybe have him take it as an insult.
Iím really happy for you and Iím going to let you finish but AJFlo is one of the baddest mother fockers of all time!!!
AJFLo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 05:24 PM   #36
darktoy02
Whats HAddddenin

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
07 Honda CBR600RR

was it a skinny black cop by the name of officer green? that dude did the same thing to me 4 months ago and i was only goin 8 over. he wedged me up against the i-10 bridge going to 610 s. if he would have hit me i would have for sure went over. he ran to my bike took the keys out told me to get off then slammed me against his hood and put me in handcuffs and threw me in the back of the car while he ran my license. He was in the same white car with silver police lettering.

-Bobby LIGHT-
darktoy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 09:47 PM   #37
humbleassassin
χαμαλός

Bike(s):
2007 Kawasaki zx-6r Totaled
:(

Yeah i will be honest I woulda gone to jail. I woulda lost it and smacked the out of him.
I then woulda got out of jail simply with fear of my life. If your job is to protect and serve. who the **** are you to endanger my life? Being a cop dont make you a . I have utmost respect for police officers. But they cant touch you unless you have done something severe. 8-10 miles over isnt that severe.

You guys talk what you want, but it dont matter if you are a cop or you are a thief, If you are in life threatening danger you have teh right to defend yourself. His Captian woulda been summoned. BTW they have to call a superior officer out of you demand it.

One asscop is what messes it up for the 1000 good ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squoddybody View Post
Hello. My name is Squoddy and I'm a . Sometimes I just can't help myself; I CRAVE !
GIVE IT TO ME!
humbleassassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 10:55 PM   #38
Osiris102406
Osiris

Bike(s):
05 CBR 600RR
99 GSXR 600
01 GSXR 750
01 CBR F4I
06 GSXR 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAU-8 View Post
I made a mistake once that LOOKED like i was gonna pull a runner.... frozen grass in your mouth doesnt feel good at 2 in the morning and 2 cops with a knee in your back and a hot laid over bike on your legs.

learned my lesson, and am absolutely passive/ slow as soon as the blips flip.
AMEN
Old 11-07-2009, 12:31 AM   #39
lanzer913
Cool Story Bro

Bike(s):
08 GSXR 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by darktoy02 View Post
was it a skinny black cop by the name of officer green? that dude did the same thing to me 4 months ago and i was only goin 8 over. he wedged me up against the i-10 bridge going to 610 s. if he would have hit me i would have for sure went over. he ran to my bike took the keys out told me to get off then slammed me against his hood and put me in handcuffs and threw me in the back of the car while he ran my license. He was in the same white car with silver police lettering.
yep black cop, ticket says Green.
Old 11-07-2009, 12:32 AM   #40
AJFLo

Feedback Rating: (8)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
K7 GSXR 600
06 Honda 50

Quote:
yep black cop, ticket says Green.
File a complaint!!!! Obviously he has done it plenty of times
Iím really happy for you and Iím going to let you finish but AJFlo is one of the baddest mother fockers of all time!!!
AJFLo is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement