MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-01-2006, 09:21 PM   #21
SE_Ryder122

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
2001 R6 Champions Edition (Sold)

i think having a spanish version of our national anthem is ridiculous. to translate the US national anthem for understanding is one thing, but to create a seperate version just for immigrants is crazy. the anthem is US tradition and history. you don't demonstrate patriotism by making up a version of the national anthem to accomadate one's culture. you have to learn and appreciate the real version for what it is: US culture.
SE_Ryder122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
need a banner done evobusa7 Off Topic 3 05-07-2009 01:41 PM
New Banner DvlRacer Forum Updates & Feedback 75 09-04-2008 04:08 PM
NEW BANNER 1fastchevy General Discussion (Moto Related) 4 09-03-2008 11:07 AM
Advertisement
Old 05-01-2006, 10:10 PM   #22
hotcknstrips
Bevo's royal guard.

Feedback Rating: (8)

Experience: 7 years
Trackdays: 7

Bike(s):
09 Buell 1125CR

I was born and raised in Mexico, so my main language is spanish, no secrets there, but I agree that messing with something so sacred as the national anthem of another country like that is just the wrongest of wrongs (did that come out right?).

What's next? a reggaeton or rapped one? or the same with the "take me to the ball game" song? or worse!! the Oath of Allegiance?

i think those artists went too far, I understand most of them are liberals, but this is ridiculous.

My take is that the Fed's take this too slightly, let me tell you how is it in Mexico, you cannot use the image of the flag anywhere but in an actual flag, if you paint your bike or car with the flag, jail, just like that, if you sing the national anthem in public and forget it or make fun of it, a fine or even jail time. Guess what? no one messes with the flag or the national anthem. We should do the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Weird Lady
Mucus Membrane!
hotcknstrips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 08:39 AM   #23
B.S. Motorsports
non agent jake

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
20th ann. gsxr 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArturoC
Ya know it's funny. I've worked with people from India here as contractors. Always curious, I would ask them lots of questions about India and life there. One of the interesting things is that there are many sooo many dialects in India, that they guys I worked all from India, could not really communicate with each other in their native dialect. And even though Hindi is the 'official language' not everyone speaks it so their common language to communicate with each other here was English. Go figure.

I wish people would quit trying to force wedges between people here.
Well this isnt india this is the good ol US of A...and in this country we speak english. In my opinion if you cant speak it and dont wanna learn it your too damned lazy to be here. This makes thread me sick...Personaly im getting sick of the little *****s in washington or where ever thats letting people do like this....This is a outrage on casiaty(i cant spell that damned word)......

morefun00800033mr[/IMG][/
!!If it aint its !!
B.S. Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 09:16 PM   #24
hotcknstrips
Bevo's royal guard.

Feedback Rating: (8)

Experience: 7 years
Trackdays: 7

Bike(s):
09 Buell 1125CR

Yes, I agree, this is the USA, we should speak english, including you, I don't know what language is that you write. some dead tongue from ancient times?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Weird Lady
Mucus Membrane!
hotcknstrips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 07:47 AM   #25
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
lots of em

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia
thats pretty cool
sad:eh:

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]
ScooterTrash is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement