MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

View Poll Results: What does saying you run 1:50s mean ??
You can run between 1:50 and 1:59 24 33.33%
you run a 1:50. 48 66.67%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 11-03-2009, 02:35 PM   #21
maxgs
Guest
 
Posts: n/a







Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebee View Post
What if your not consistent enough to say for sure? Sometimes I can do a :53 other times it's all I can do to muster a :59
Does that mean I'm not cool?
Traffic is also a huge factor. Just this past weekend, I had a session where I was running 48's and 49's for several laps in some traffic. I was looking at the data, and the sum of the fastest sectors was mid 45's. I think it's this phenomena that racers experience when they move from a track day to a race and all of the sudden decrease their lap times by a few seconds. They don't have to spend time dealing politely with slower riders in their run groups. And, of course, chasing fast people is going to help....
  Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
nifty 50s Tut Car Forum 6 12-21-2012 11:26 PM
Who's still stuntin' 50s? stunt-r Stunters Lounge 29 09-17-2012 02:17 PM
Northside 50s Moc05 Stunters Lounge 14 04-11-2009 12:18 AM
does anyone ride 50s anymore? federal20 Dirtbikes, Mini's, ATV's..... 42 10-31-2008 11:52 PM
50s getting down mekrew General Discussion (Moto Related) 19 10-11-2005 02:17 PM
Advertisement
Old 11-03-2009, 02:35 PM   #22
chase
LOCTITE
 
chase's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Pearland
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 2,062

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
07 yamaha R6









Quote:
Originally Posted by Romeo36
That's fine all you have to say is high 50's. But make sure to put either a high or low before the 50 lol that way it doesn't sound like you are trying to be cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brena23 View Post
I do and that is what I am being called out for... The title was supposed to say high
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brena23 View Post
I never said I could run a 1:50 flat and neither did Tim. I know I cant... I can however run 1:50s out there... Last time I checked that does not mean 1:50 flat. Good try at twisting words though:rofl
Oh really, where is the 'high' in there?
__________________
Ridesmart Motorcycle School
chase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 02:36 PM   #23
dbuck
Stayin' Young
 
dbuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: NW Houston BW8/290
Feedback Rating: (5)
Posts: 19,627

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk









Send a message via AIM to dbuck
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxgs View Post
There are so many people that misrepresent their laptimes, it's ludicrous. I love this one "well, when the timer was on it said 1:56, but I know I was running faster in the previous sessions, so my lap times are more like 1:52..."

Oh please.
This is why I don't own a LT....this is why I don't claim any times at any track. I go to have fun...and go fast. Wanna know my times? Come play in 4 and follow me for a lap.
dbuck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 02:37 PM   #24
lisiecki1
survivor of 7/4/08 ride..
 
lisiecki1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Feedback Rating: (5)
Posts: 4,084

Experience: 10+ years






Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by cdill35 View Post
Means I run a 1:50:. And the 7 that voted otherwise are cluless.
__________________
"DON'T START VAST PROJECTS WITH HALF VAST IDEAS."
Remember the average response time to a 911 call is over 4 minutes.
The average response time of a 357 magnum is 1400 FPS.
lisiecki1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 02:39 PM   #25
Chubby Racer
The Confusion
 
Chubby Racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: between a chair and a screen
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 19,399

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'07 R6
'02 KLX110(tarded)








Send a message via ICQ to Chubby Racer Send a message via AIM to Chubby Racer Send a message via MSN to Chubby Racer Send a message via Yahoo to Chubby Racer
In drag racing when you say you run 12s it means you run 12.0-12.9. I assumed it was the same for lap times. 50s is 50.0-50.9. I use the fact that people say they run 58s as evidence that this is true.
__________________
A motorcycle is a joy machine. It's a machine of wonders, a metal bird, a motorized prosthetic. It's light and dark and shiny and dirty and warm and cold lapping over each other; it's a conduit of grace, it's a catalyst for bonding the gritty and the holy.

CMRA #302
Chubby Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 02:39 PM   #26
maxgs
Guest
 
Posts: n/a







Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by dbuck View Post
This is why I don't own a LT....this is why I don't claim any times at any track. I go to have fun...and go fast. Wanna know my times? Come play in 4 and follow me for a lap.
Eh... just go to the races and then you too can transform into a beast.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 02:41 PM   #27
Brena23
Mothernugget
 
Brena23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Cypress
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 11,884

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2005 CRF450R - tarded
Scooter- 2004 metropoliten
Mini-RM 65
2006 GSXR 1000






Quote:
Originally Posted by chase View Post
Oh really, where is the 'high' in there?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brena23 View Post
My understanding of 50s is anything from 50, to 59... maybe that is the misunderstanding.

As I have said countless times and my words keep getting twisted. I could run 1:50s (meaning high 50s) and ran very low 2:00s.
SOrry I didnt clarify for you EVERY time. I have a 15 week old that doesnt feel good that I am taking care of
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by kibitzer View Post
If I hate you because you're a stupid then I just hate you. If I hate you because you're a specific skin color then I'm a racist. It really is that simple.

Satan ButtNuggets Mothernugget
Brena23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 03:21 PM   #28
bumblebee
Yeah I'm flippin' YOU off
 
bumblebee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Pearland
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 12,264


Bike(s):
'74 Suzuki GT380
'82 XS650 StreetTracker
'10 Ducati Streetfighter
'83 Yamaha Seca 900






Quote:
Originally Posted by dbuck View Post
This is why I don't own a LT....this is why I don't claim any times at any track. I go to have fun...and go fast. Wanna know my times? Come play in 4 and follow me for a lap.
I don't own a lap timer cause I want to be able to brag without actually lying.
__________________
Asphalt is for racing... dirt is for growing potatoes. - J. Diester
When seconds count... the police are only minutes away.
Grow up and be a productive member of society already.
Bevo- "I lack skillz"
bumblebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 03:25 PM   #29
ysr612
Senior Member
 
ysr612's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Beaumont
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 437


Bike(s):
Transalp, DRZ, Hurricane









Quote:
Originally Posted by Romeo36 View Post
That's fine all you have to say is high 50's. But make sure to put either a high or low before the 50 lol that way it doesn't sound like you are trying to be cool
Quote:
Originally Posted by Romeo36 View Post
This is the correct answer. Even to all you trackday junkies. If your not running between ^^^ then y'all need to add the correct number after the 5 and stop trying to look cool
100% agreement but let them try to look cool, the only real cool is where you are when the checkerd falls. I was always way back some where but I had fun and that was cool.

I voted 150.xx as in the poll but with the explantion saying low or high then that means 1:50-1:59
ysr612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 03:46 PM   #30
bluewave18
Safety Third
 
bluewave18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: S.E.
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 34,098

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50








Quote:
Originally Posted by Romeo36 View Post
If we where discussing dragracing you would be correct. Your deallimg with hundeths of a second not actual seconds
Im bored as and being a smart azz. I dont give a about road racing. Its about .1 and .01 to me.
As far as Im concerned were talking 60's here. Knowing the OP I know its not about 60' times though.

Last edited by bluewave18; 11-03-2009 at 03:48 PM.
bluewave18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 04:35 PM   #31
nactx86
Senior Member
 
nactx86's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 833

Experience: 9 years
Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
2013 CRF 450R FOR SALE
06 GSXR 600 Sold
07 DRZ 400 SM Sold




.. i shoulda just made the thread when i had the idea. now Brean gets the credit

Quote:
Originally Posted by nactx86 View Post
Im considering starting a poll thread... what does 1:50's mean to you....
__________________
"You have to be a man before you can be a gentleman." -The Duke
Quote:
Originally Posted by MudBug View Post
...Just think how good all women could of been if would have taken a few days to make them.
nactx86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 04:38 PM   #32
Brena23
Mothernugget
 
Brena23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Cypress
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 11,884

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2005 CRF450R - tarded
Scooter- 2004 metropoliten
Mini-RM 65
2006 GSXR 1000






Quote:
Originally Posted by nactx86 View Post
.. i shoulda just made the thread when i had the idea. now Brean gets the credit
If it counts you were the inspiration
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by kibitzer View Post
If I hate you because you're a stupid then I just hate you. If I hate you because you're a specific skin color then I'm a racist. It really is that simple.

Satan ButtNuggets Mothernugget
Brena23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 04:42 PM   #33
nactx86
Senior Member
 
nactx86's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 833

Experience: 9 years
Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
2013 CRF 450R FOR SALE
06 GSXR 600 Sold
07 DRZ 400 SM Sold




Quote:
Originally Posted by Brena23 View Post
If it counts you were the inspiration
i dont care, im just bored at work

p.s. sorry for misspelling your name in my previous post!!
__________________
"You have to be a man before you can be a gentleman." -The Duke
Quote:
Originally Posted by MudBug View Post
...Just think how good all women could of been if would have taken a few days to make them.
nactx86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 04:44 PM   #34
Brena23
Mothernugget
 
Brena23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Cypress
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 11,884

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2005 CRF450R - tarded
Scooter- 2004 metropoliten
Mini-RM 65
2006 GSXR 1000






Quote:
Originally Posted by nactx86 View Post
i dont care, im just bored at work

p.s. sorry for misspelling your name in my previous post!!
quite alright most cant figure it out.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by kibitzer View Post
If I hate you because you're a stupid then I just hate you. If I hate you because you're a specific skin color then I'm a racist. It really is that simple.

Satan ButtNuggets Mothernugget
Brena23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 09:38 PM   #35
Radar
Senior Member
 
Radar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Near Corpus Christi
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,045


Bike(s):
CBR1000RR









So if you were born in the 50's that means some month during 1950?
Radar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 10:00 PM   #36
Brena23
Mothernugget
 
Brena23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Cypress
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 11,884

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2005 CRF450R - tarded
Scooter- 2004 metropoliten
Mini-RM 65
2006 GSXR 1000






Quote:
Originally Posted by Radar View Post
So if you were born in the 50's that means some month during 1950?
apparently
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by kibitzer View Post
If I hate you because you're a stupid then I just hate you. If I hate you because you're a specific skin color then I'm a racist. It really is that simple.

Satan ButtNuggets Mothernugget
Brena23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 10:02 PM   #37
S.D.W.
...Ready
 
S.D.W.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Galleria
Feedback Rating: (5)
Posts: 3,147

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
2011 ZX10 Racebike
2010 Crf450r
2009 zx6 race bike
2009 ttr110






Quote:
Originally Posted by Romeo36 View Post
Like bluewave said. High 50's or low 50's that way it's a little broader
I agree because ten seconds is alot. I would say use the term, low, mid, or high That way people wont try to pick apart what you say. It can be annoying.
__________________
HouseOfPaint
S.D.W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 10:04 PM   #38
99 Chris
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Richmond, Texas
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 5,293

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2007 Suzuki GSX-R1000
2006 Suzuki GSX-R1000








User is banned

.
99 Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 11:49 PM   #39
Radar
Senior Member
 
Radar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Near Corpus Christi
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,045


Bike(s):
CBR1000RR









Quote:
Originally Posted by Brena23 View Post
apparently
Radar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 11:56 PM   #40
chase
LOCTITE
 
chase's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Pearland
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 2,062

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
07 yamaha R6









Quote:
Originally Posted by Radar View Post
So if you were born in the 50's that means some month during 1950?
if you're too ashamed to name the actual year you were born, I understand.


It's obvious who the serious trackday riders are, the ones on the 70% side of this poll
__________________
Ridesmart Motorcycle School
chase is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:28 PM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy