MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-26-2006, 04:23 PM   #21
BrutusTx

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krimlin
and the "top" speed is along with the busa (only after calulating the real speed[9% difference from the readings])
:laughing6 :laughing6 :laughing6
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Got me an aprilia nwall1 General Discussion (Moto Related) 22 01-29-2015 11:11 AM
neither the aprilia nor the 250 obed Taking it to the Track 7 03-25-2012 01:48 PM
My New Aprilia DvlRacer General Discussion (Moto Related) 55 10-22-2008 07:52 AM
NEW APRILIA! 04RSVR General Discussion (Moto Related) 53 02-26-2008 03:16 PM
Aprilia Supermoto? Or something else... Pre-K General Discussion (Moto Related) 25 09-25-2007 03:28 PM
Advertisement
Old 04-26-2006, 04:31 PM   #22
Vandals
Scooter

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2003 Yamaha r1
1981 Honda Trail 110 -"The Tank"

Quote:
yes i really want to stand out
Ride a ninja 250 if you wanna stand out :laughing6
Vandals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 04:45 PM   #23
2KBUSA

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
zx14r

Send a message via AIM to 2KBUSA Send a message via Yahoo to 2KBUSA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krimlin
so over all a good bike, also yes i have had experience with "sport" bike been riding a r-1 sold it then messed around on a friends hayabusa, ugly but fun, now i want another bike, kinda looking for a Aprilia RSV Mille Factory "good bike"
slow very high cost to maintain ect. hard to get parts and slow for a liter bike. you call the busa ugly and your looking at on of the uglyest euro bike get a bike. if you have the money get a ducati looks pimp still slow but very sexy bike.m2c i was going to buy a 749r but they cost too much for what it is ....its no better than a gsxr750...and 7k more.
Old 04-26-2006, 04:46 PM   #24
2KBUSA

Bike(s):
zx14r

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrutusTx
:laughing6 :laughing6 :laughing6
wow dude get tha slowprilla and i ll race you and we see how it keeps up with a busa...ha ha noob
Old 04-26-2006, 04:52 PM   #25
2KBUSA

Bike(s):
zx14r

never in this world any stock euro bike was build that can come close to the speed of a busa.i am not going to lie i raced a new gsxr1000 and from 40 till about 140 he was in front of me but after that it was all the busa the toped out dont know how fast but my bike said 210 when i glanced at the speedo..so i dont think the aprilla has any luck to walk the ground of a busa. not just that i own one i love ducatis and aprillas but they are track bikes not top speed bike that bike will top out about 170mph i have seen stock r1 make a ducati and a aprilla 1k look like they are sitting still.
Old 04-26-2006, 05:07 PM   #26
Mad Max

Feedback Rating: (3)

Send a message via AIM to Mad Max
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2KBUSA
slow very high cost to maintain ect. hard to get parts and slow for a liter bike. you call the busa ugly and your looking at on of the uglyest euro bike get a bike. if you have the money get a ducati looks pimp still slow but very sexy bike.m2c i was going to buy a 749r but they cost too much for what it is ....its no better than a gsxr750...and 7k more.

Krimlin, seriously go check out apriliaforums.com, and read up/ask guys that actually ride them. many of them also have bikes so they can provide more real world input. you can also find some sweet bikes there.
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 05:08 PM   #27
B.S. Motorsports
non agent jake

Bike(s):
20th ann. gsxr 750

2kbusa my 750 will stomp a mud whole in a duc 750 lol overpriced pos in my opinion....ok back on topic...

Its like a fine wine you have to have a taste for it....If thats what you like then cool go for it i mean im getting out of the ss bike world and into the supermotard thing its all about what you wanna do its your bike.....

Now im going to be honest bro...Dont take this the wrong way and i could be totaly wrong but you kinnda sound like you may be lieing about the riding exp.....If that is the case you should in no way shape or form even think about such a bike....Its enough to total a 10000 doller bike but a 17-25 grand **** that plus ins. is a total too....Like i said if im wrong then just ignore the comment and my bad.

Anyways good luck on your desition...

morefun00800033mr[/IMG][/
!!If it aint its !!
B.S. Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 05:14 PM   #28
2KBUSA

Bike(s):
zx14r

oh one more thing think about this you line up against a new 600cc bike and he will make wish you never dished out the money for a slow bike.but if you like the looks of it buy it your money but dont go comparing a bike that peforms equal to a 600cc bike with the still king busa.on speed

motorcyclest mag may 2006 isue

aprilla rsv mille 108.5@9250 hp 66.9@7250 torque 1/4 10.60@132.2 top speed 165.00
aprilla rsv1k tuono 114@9250 66.8@8500 torque 1/4 10.92@126 top speed
172.00 red line
hp and tq are at the wheels

here is the facts on the bike you want here is the facts of the 600cc bikes
honda cbr600rr 106@13.750 44.6@11.000 1/4 10.49@133.3 top speed 162.00
kawi.zx636 113.8@13.250 48.1@11.000 1/4 10.38@135.6 top speed 165.00

suzuki and yamaha are about the same to the honda zx636 is the fastes 600cc and is way faster then a aprilla.

ok suzuki hayabusa 1300 156.8@9500 100.5@6758 1/4 9.80@143.25 top speed 99-2000 over 200mph 01-06 198.00....

you tell me how is the aprilla even close to a busa when has the same stats as a 600cc bike.
Old 04-26-2006, 05:14 PM   #29
bdmpastx
The Cripple

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2009 Nissan GTR - sold
2015 Nissan GTR

I have been on an Aprilla before. It is just as fast as any liter bike and is easy to ride fast in the twisties. The you can be in the wrong gear and still make it through a turn relativly easy without stalling the bike. It also depends on how you wanna ride. If you are wanting to ride in a straight line on the freeway, go with a bike and save the cash.

BTW, the busa may be fast in a straight line but it gets lost in the twisties compaired to a SV650 and if I could still ride, I'd race you anytime down the dragon 2KBusa :P
Old 04-26-2006, 05:16 PM   #30
B.S. Motorsports
non agent jake

Bike(s):
20th ann. gsxr 750

lol chill busa man....He simply made a mis conseption thats all...

!!If it aint its !!
Old 04-26-2006, 05:17 PM   #31
2KBUSA

Bike(s):
zx14r

Quote:
Originally Posted by B.S. Motorsports
2kbusa my 750 will stomp a mud whole in a duc 750 lol overpriced pos in my opinion....ok back on topic...

Its like a fine wine you have to have a taste for it....If thats what you like then cool go for it i mean im getting out of the ss bike world and into the supermotard thing its all about what you wanna do its your bike.....

Now im going to be honest bro...Dont take this the wrong way and i could be totaly wrong but you kinnda sound like you may be lieing about the riding exp.....If that is the case you should in no way shape or form even think about such a bike....Its enough to total a 10000 doller bike but a 17-25 grand **** that plus ins. is a total too....Like i said if im wrong then just ignore the comment and my bad.

Anyways good luck on your desition...
i just love the way the ducati looks but when i got to ride one and a new zx6 made me look like i was on a scooter i was like no.they are very slow the cost a arm and aleg and are junk if you have the money thats great just remeber in 2year you spend on a ducati aprilla mv bmw you could buy a nice used 600cc bike.
Old 04-26-2006, 05:18 PM   #32
2KBUSA

Bike(s):
zx14r

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdmpastx
I have been on an Aprilla before. It is just as fast as any liter bike and is easy to ride fast in the twisties. The you can be in the wrong gear and still make it through a turn relativly easy without stalling the bike. It also depends on how you wanna ride. If you are wanting to ride in a straight line on the freeway, go with a bike and save the cash.

BTW, the busa may be fast in a straight line but it gets lost in the twisties compaired to a SV650 and if I could still ride, I'd race you anytime down the dragon 2KBusa :P
i was simply telling him that never a euro bike will stay with a bus aon a topspeed run they are track bikes read what i have stated.
Old 04-26-2006, 05:28 PM   #33
B.S. Motorsports
non agent jake

Bike(s):
20th ann. gsxr 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2KBUSA
i just love the way the ducati looks but when i got to ride one and a new zx6 made me look like i was on a scooter i was like no.they are very slow the cost a arm and aleg and are junk if you have the money thats great just remeber in 2year you spend on a ducati aprilla mv bmw you could buy a nice used 600cc bike.
the 749 is junk but the 999's are very very powerfull bikes esp the 999r also on the r you get alot of highend track day stuff....and remeber ducs are geared way high so the can pass sound emissions...

BUt im w/ you a 100% now i love the duc monster s4rs but its just not practicle.....

!!If it aint its !!
Old 04-26-2006, 06:41 PM   #34
2KBUSA

Bike(s):
zx14r

Quote:
Originally Posted by B.S. Motorsports
the 749 is junk but the 999's are very very powerfull bikes esp the 999r also on the r you get alot of highend track day stuff....and remeber ducs are geared way high so the can pass sound emissions...

BUt im w/ you a 100% now i love the duc monster s4rs but its just not practicle.....
yeah but this was when the 749 came out i saw ferrari lol not a big it was cool looking yes the 999r is bad but 30k is alot of money for that bike just like the r1 that cost 19k its over priced too me you want a track bike with 30k or 20k you can have two track bikes and run circles around the high dollar bikes.. but back to the aprilla if you want a new one its a great bike for looks and of a track bike from what i know but dont expect to take your friends 600cc or any liter bike you will get draged. and that guy that got to ride on one it feels fast just like a liter bike but its not..it was build for the track..not speed..
Old 04-26-2006, 06:51 PM   #35
B.S. Motorsports
non agent jake

Bike(s):
20th ann. gsxr 750

Mr.busa i think he was refering to the trakc the bike was just as fast on the track (circuit)...but anyways the 18k r1 is a great deal for peepsthe like r1s and are competitive..It has op of the line suspention on it that would easlily run you around 10k extra...the 999r is the same way and it uses alot of carbon fiber (will do anthing to help that fat lol) would i pay 30gs for it probably not just not worth that much to me lol....But anyways you get the point...

The ape doesnt have anything to offer other then looks.and i still think the r1 is the sexiest bike ever,

!!If it aint its !!
Old 04-26-2006, 06:51 PM   #36
BrutusTx

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdmpastx
Heard that 100 times, I would disagree with you. The busa can do just about anything the others (smaller) bikes can do, it just takes more work and probably a better rider. That's probably why the younger guy's like the little bikes so much............they don't have to WORK so hard!!!:laughing6
Old 04-26-2006, 06:56 PM   #37
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

Quote:
Heard that 100 times, I would disagree with you. The busa can do just about anything the others (smaller) bikes can do, it just takes more work and probably a better rider. That's probably why the younger guy's like the little bikes so much............they don't have to WORK so hard!!!:laughing6
so when you gonna head to the track to "make reality" of your assumptions

Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 06:56 PM   #38
2KBUSA

Bike(s):
zx14r

Quote:
thank you i didnt want to feel stupid for saying this but i was going to.i know sometimes i say to much but feels like everyone that doesnt have the ball to get on a real bike talk about it.i will find out just how slow busas are around turns this weekend i am going riding with some buddy.
brutus sunday morning what time at the exxon on 1960 and 45 i got to go early to bed on sat lol i dont want to miss this and not make it so if your still going i am down.
Old 04-26-2006, 07:04 PM   #39
2KBUSA

Bike(s):
zx14r

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X

as soon as i find the pic and web site for the hayabusa track bike they have videos and stuff the race in europe just like here..
Old 04-26-2006, 07:07 PM   #40
BrutusTx

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X

Been out to TWS (Texas World Speedway) several times, and the busa was holding it's own........all over the track. Don't misunderstand me, I don't have the skills to handle the busa or anything else that good.........but I've seen others doing it.
Now a different track/rider might be a different story...............either way

Advertisement