MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Information > Introduction Forum
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 10-27-2009, 09:11 PM   #1
speed_junkie

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
R1

"Green Horn"

Hey all,

Got turned on to the site by Fong at cycle world. He was telling me to check it out so here I am.... I have been riding dirt bikes on and off my whole life and now I think it is time to switch to street!

I have ridden a couple of my friends street bikes around the block and just love to hammer it and run through the gears!!!!

I am looking to purchase my first bike soon and was just wondering if any of ya'll had any recommendations or advice..

O'yea I would like to get in to the track scene and I assume you have to posess a certian amount of skill level to enter... or do they offer beginners track days?

Thanks All,
And ride safe!
speed_junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
yea its a Kawi "go team green" green lantern Taking it to the Track 4 02-24-2013 02:23 PM
Is England Green the "go to" place for Corvettes? flip326 Car Forum 4 11-27-2011 09:48 PM
Anyone watch "Around the Horn!" ? BaylorNinja500 Off Topic 0 05-20-2011 04:04 PM
Thanks Al: EPA livestock flatulence tax, more taxes in the name of "green" urbanXJ Off Topic 16 02-03-2009 04:59 PM
Advertisement
Old 10-27-2009, 09:12 PM   #2
Candie

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 9 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2013 Ninja 300
07 CBR 600RR (sold)
09 Ninja 250 (sold)
04 CBR 600RR (sold)
04 GSXR 600 (sold)

Hiya and welcome!
Old 10-27-2009, 09:24 PM   #3
the mother

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
Kawi 08 250r

Member Garage

WELCOME TO MOTOHOUSTON
the mother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 09:27 PM   #4
PimpDaub
I'm Rat 'Tarded

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
1973 Honda Cb750 Four -Cafe in progress
2005 CRF50 STUNT - MONSTER ENERGY
2001 Suzuki DRZ400E/SM (SOLD) :-(
Don't worry, scrot. There are plenty of 'tards out there living really kick- lives.
My first bike was a 'Tard. She's a Pilot now."

Member Garage

get a tard... or motard that is. supermoto to noobs. best of both worlds. dirt & street.

He nailed the take-off, but when he landed, something terrible happened. His front tire exploded like a cannonball, and his handle bars went straight through his head. Blood was everywhere. His teeth were ground down to a powder, and the front of his face exploded out the back of his skull. He died instantly... the next day.
PimpDaub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 09:42 PM   #5
Senator
Dude....Seriously?

Feedback Rating: (17)

Experience: 9 years
Trackdays: 6

Bike(s):
Ducati S2R1000
2006 R6 (sold)
2004 R6 (sold)
97 zx6r (sold)

Welcome to MH!

Sign up for the MSF, then make a decision about what kind of bike you can handle.

Most TD org have a level 1 (or beginner) group. I would get some seat time before hand, even beginner level needs some good basic riding knowlegde.

Advertisement