MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Reply
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 10-26-2009, 08:10 PM   #21
thatboygeorge
powpows ftw
 
thatboygeorge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: pasadena
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 6,444

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
05 r6









Send a message via AIM to thatboygeorge
Quote:
Originally Posted by klassik View Post
well congrats on the bike dood
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by B.S. Motorsports View Post
please if it wasnt for me neither of yall would be stunntin yall would still be doing power woolies in 1rst gear haha....
thatboygeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 10-26-2009, 09:19 PM   #22
Badchev
Slow
 
Badchev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Here
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,350

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'01 Bandit









Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpio View Post
Congrats man!
Very sweet bikes.
PM me if you have any questions.
I'd like to line it up against the 848 one of these days just for curiosity's sake.
I think they would be pretty close.
Me and my old '02...
standard

Miss that bike..
Me too.......fun bike!!!
But we should have bought the one at Motorcycles Unlimited.
Badchev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 09:30 PM   #23
Badchev
Slow
 
Badchev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Here
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,350

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'01 Bandit









.......
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BAD RC51.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	44.9 KB
ID:	28940  
Badchev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 09:37 PM   #24
Romeo36
Mother****ersi'llkillyou
 
Romeo36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: stinkadena
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 5,326

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
sv650,rc51,gsxr750,6oo,sdg107









Send a message via AIM to Romeo36
Hey klassik call me tomorrow I got some parts for it
__________________
Riding a Duc is kind of like, you may get a cramp in your wrist, but you keep on trucking because it feels so good.
Romeo36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 09:45 PM   #25
mcd
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Cypress
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 884












Definantly fun bikes, and have a personallity to them.

If you are going to ride the street with it, check into the mods to the radiator fans. Like Romeo said, get the fans set up on a switch. Also, another trick is to reverse to polarity on the fans. If I am not mistaken, the fans blow the hot air from the engine outwards. Reversing the polarity makes them suck in the outside air, which is cooler. I think you can also remove one fan and the bike will run cooler.

Check out RC51.com and the speedzilla forums for more info.

As for bodywork/lights, get a set of race body work and cut a hole in one side for a head light, like some of the endurance bike replicas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpio View Post
I'd like to line it up against the 848 one of these days just for curiosity's sake.
I think they would be pretty close.
Tom, next time you have you 848 out at the track we can run them. I too am curious to see how the Duc would do. I know the 1098 will smoke the RC, and I think the 999's are pretty comparable.
mcd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 10:01 PM   #26
Romeo36
Mother****ersi'llkillyou
 
Romeo36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: stinkadena
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 5,326

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
sv650,rc51,gsxr750,6oo,sdg107









Send a message via AIM to Romeo36
The rc51 should out run the 848 but not by much but the 848 will whoop it's in the handling department. Good match up
__________________
Riding a Duc is kind of like, you may get a cramp in your wrist, but you keep on trucking because it feels so good.
Romeo36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 10:12 PM   #27
TheMagicMan
SBN Mechanic
 
TheMagicMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NW Houston
Feedback Rating: (7)
Posts: 4,292

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'97-DR650 '01-RC51 '03-XR250R '83-XR80R '93-XR80R '03-XR50









Quote:
Originally Posted by Romeo36 View Post
Hey klassik call me tomorrow I got some parts for it
Me too whatcha got?
TheMagicMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 10:13 PM   #28
Romeo36
Mother****ersi'llkillyou
 
Romeo36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: stinkadena
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 5,326

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
sv650,rc51,gsxr750,6oo,sdg107









Send a message via AIM to Romeo36
What ya need
__________________
Riding a Duc is kind of like, you may get a cramp in your wrist, but you keep on trucking because it feels so good.
Romeo36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 10:14 PM   #29
TheMagicMan
SBN Mechanic
 
TheMagicMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NW Houston
Feedback Rating: (7)
Posts: 4,292

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'97-DR650 '01-RC51 '03-XR250R '83-XR80R '93-XR80R '03-XR50









look at these sires plenty of good info here.
Do the free mods. If you have any questions about it let me know.


http://www.speedzilla.com/forums/honda-sport-twins/
http://www.fireblades.org/forums/honda-rc51/
http://www.rc51.org
TheMagicMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 10:14 PM   #30
TheMagicMan
SBN Mechanic
 
TheMagicMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NW Houston
Feedback Rating: (7)
Posts: 4,292

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'97-DR650 '01-RC51 '03-XR250R '83-XR80R '93-XR80R '03-XR50









Quote:
Originally Posted by Romeo36 View Post
What ya need
any aftermarket stuff? left fairing?
TheMagicMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 10:24 PM   #31
Romeo36
Mother****ersi'llkillyou
 
Romeo36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: stinkadena
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 5,326

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
sv650,rc51,gsxr750,6oo,sdg107









Send a message via AIM to Romeo36
No aftermarket stuff got headlights a tank a tail and I think I might have a upper. It's been awhile since I has mine. Oh and a subframe for a sp1
__________________
Riding a Duc is kind of like, you may get a cramp in your wrist, but you keep on trucking because it feels so good.
Romeo36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 10:29 PM   #32
TheMagicMan
SBN Mechanic
 
TheMagicMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NW Houston
Feedback Rating: (7)
Posts: 4,292

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'97-DR650 '01-RC51 '03-XR250R '83-XR80R '93-XR80R '03-XR50









Quote:
Originally Posted by Romeo36 View Post
No aftermarket stuff got headlights a tank a tail and I think I might have a upper. It's been awhile since I has mine. Oh and a subframe for a sp1
this all for sp1?
TheMagicMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 10:55 PM   #33
Romeo36
Mother****ersi'llkillyou
 
Romeo36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: stinkadena
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 5,326

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
sv650,rc51,gsxr750,6oo,sdg107









Send a message via AIM to Romeo36
Tank bodywork headlights are all the same. Trees wheels diScs motor swingarm wiring and throttlebodies and ignition module and exhuast are different. Oh and I think the radiators might be different
__________________
Riding a Duc is kind of like, you may get a cramp in your wrist, but you keep on trucking because it feels so good.
Romeo36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 08:57 AM   #34
TheMagicMan
SBN Mechanic
 
TheMagicMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NW Houston
Feedback Rating: (7)
Posts: 4,292

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'97-DR650 '01-RC51 '03-XR250R '83-XR80R '93-XR80R '03-XR50









Quote:
Originally Posted by Romeo36 View Post
Tank bodywork headlights are all the same. Trees wheels diScs motor swingarm wiring and throttlebodies and ignition module and exhuast are different. Oh and I think the radiators might be different
the paint scheme isnt the same on some of them. They will fit but wont look right lol.

Last edited by TheMagicMan; 10-27-2009 at 08:59 AM.
TheMagicMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 09:27 AM   #35
IndyRC
Mutant
 
IndyRC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Colorado
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 3,414

Experience: 4-8 months

Bike(s):
None









Quote:
Originally Posted by mcd View Post
Definantly fun bikes, and have a personallity to them.

If you are going to ride the street with it, check into the mods to the radiator fans. Like Romeo said, get the fans set up on a switch. Also, another trick is to reverse to polarity on the fans. If I am not mistaken, the fans blow the hot air from the engine outwards. Reversing the polarity makes them suck in the outside air, which is cooler. I think you can also remove one fan and the bike will run cooler.
The fans actually run opposite of this. Stock they pull the air in from the outside. People switch the polarity to blow the out because when moving, the fairings are designed to pull the air out from the rads. So what happens in stock form is that when moving, the fans are trying to pull the outside air in while the fairings are trying to pull it out so it takes a while to cool the bike down. Reversing the polarity to blow air out works in conjunction with the fairing design and the bike cools much faster WHEN YOU ARE MOVING.

HOWEVER, when sitting in traffic with reversed fans, the bike gets hot, very hot. I just recently reversed mine to try it out...I'm going to change back because the hottest I ever saw was 222 or 223, but after I reversed the fans I've seen 235 The only reason it didn't get hotter was because traffic finally started moving. If you're going to be in traffic I don't recommend it.
IndyRC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 10:25 AM   #36
klassik
Senior Member
 
klassik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Rosharon Tx
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 7,984

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
929
rnz450








Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyRC View Post
The fans actually run opposite of this. Stock they pull the air in from the outside. People switch the polarity to blow the out because when moving, the fairings are designed to pull the air out from the rads. So what happens in stock form is that when moving, the fans are trying to pull the outside air in while the fairings are trying to pull it out so it takes a while to cool the bike down. Reversing the polarity to blow air out works in conjunction with the fairing design and the bike cools much faster WHEN YOU ARE MOVING.

HOWEVER, when sitting in traffic with reversed fans, the bike gets hot, very hot. I just recently reversed mine to try it out...I'm going to change back because the hottest I ever saw was 222 or 223, but after I reversed the fans I've seen 235 The only reason it didn't get hotter was because traffic finally started moving. If you're going to be in traffic I don't recommend it.
cool. thanks
__________________
www.teamstunters.com
klassik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 10:30 AM   #37
McLintock
Senior Member
 
McLintock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: alvin
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 380

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
2005 zx10r









hey was it a guy named mike that had the bike.
McLintock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 10:37 AM   #38
klassik
Senior Member
 
klassik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Rosharon Tx
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 7,984

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
929
rnz450








Quote:
Originally Posted by McLintock View Post
hey was it a guy named mike that had the bike.
idk
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	rc51 002.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	95.1 KB
ID:	28949  
__________________
www.teamstunters.com
klassik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 10:39 AM   #39
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?
 
RACER X's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Richmond, Tx
Feedback Rating: (26)
Posts: 33,486

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold






that bikes been on C/L forever.........even crashed while it was on there.......lol
__________________
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
2014 GROM
181cc's BABY!
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 10:40 AM   #40
IndyRC
Mutant
 
IndyRC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Colorado
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 3,414

Experience: 4-8 months

Bike(s):
None









Nice. What year is she?
IndyRC is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:01 AM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy