MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 10-26-2009, 10:21 PM   #41
Chris24
Thread Savior

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
1979 Yamaha XS1100 Special

Send a message via AIM to Chris24 Send a message via MSN to Chris24 Send a message via Yahoo to Chris24
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJFLo View Post
Chris24... You're not doing it right!

For any 600ss most of the powerband is in the Upper RPMs. Hard to get there just rolling around Houston unless youve got your AK with you and are planning on murdering the streets
oh, i know how to murder the streets allright. lol. and do you really think i rode that many bikes, plus all the ones ive owned to work and back everyday...and somehow NOT know where the powerband is????! seriously? SRSLY?! if you mean traffic, that wasnt a problem for me. while everyone was at work in their offices, i was at work too...test riding their bike on a freeway with plenty of room. 59 between airport blvd and 610 was my "office".

i think we all know that, yes, 600's dont have the get up of 1000's but my point about the r6 is that the thing is incredibly underwhelming compared to other 600's that i rode.

in the end though everything was lame to me after riding...and you would never guess...a KX65. yea...weird i know. but the thing is bite sized greased lightning. itll power wheelie in 3rd with a fat man on it. (i witnessed it)

im really thinking my next bike is going to be a 2 stroke 250 something or other set up for street. speed is overrated. acceleration is where its at.