Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 10-27-2009, 08:26 AM   #41
Zapata
a.k.a Dos Equis

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
'13 Victory Cross Country
'13 Victory Judge

Member Garage

Back in the early 2000's if you remember when PP1 was at JCI, a lot of squids were pulling stunts and high speed wheelies, well a young kid crash very bad when a cage turn left in front of him while he was pulling a wheelie, when the LEO's arrive one of them was making fun of the fallen kid!!! "another one that bites the dust". I'm not kidding here. I was in shock for the coment of the cop. The other cops were like who care's

I still believe cops don't care about us the bikers.
Zapata is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Rush Hour - Indonesia Bevo General Discussion (Moto Related) 34 06-18-2014 01:56 AM
Rush Hour 3 DvlRacer General Discussion (Moto Related) 8 04-02-2009 03:44 PM
Rush Hour 3 tomLSTD Off Topic 9 12-30-2007 04:49 PM
And you thought rush hour on 45 was bad.... TxVrod Off Topic 4 09-26-2006 09:25 AM
Advertisement
Old 10-27-2009, 08:28 AM   #42
zerobounds
Captain Concussion

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):

thats the most narrow minded ive ever heard.
Old 10-27-2009, 08:32 AM   #43
Ulric
Dirty Old

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

Quote:
Back in the early 2000's if you remember when PP1 was at JCI, a lot of squids were pulling stunts and high speed wheelies, well a young kid crash very bad when a cage turn left in front of him while he was pulling a wheelie, when the LEO's arrive one of them was making fun of the fallen kid!!! "another one that bites the dust". I'm not kidding here. I was in shock for the coment of the cop. The other cops were like who care's

What do you expect them to do? Break down in tears? Seriously stop and think a moment about how many accidents, how many deaths and serious injuries they've witnessed due to the stupidity of the operator.
Old 10-27-2009, 08:34 AM   #44
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by zapata View Post

that was gixxerjamie, a friend of mine, he died. not sure of the mocking part, as a another friend of mine held jamie in has lap as he passed.

they (cops/firefighters) see death everyday, just as do emts and hospitals, is it any diff. then them calling them donorcycles? or "death pools"

and after seeing enough of them, you get callous towards it.....sounds like somebody familiar.......
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 08:43 AM   #45
Pyrofallout
<<<< S.B.N. >>>>

Feedback Rating: (31)

Experience: 5 years

Member Garage

i can't say i've never made a funny comment or made light of a really bad situation at a scene, but that in know way means that i am happy that person is in such a terrible situation. when you do a job like that, seeing people severely injured or dying kinda becomes a normal part of your job. It doesn't mean that they WANT anyone to be in that position or to die, it's just them doing their job.
Pyrofallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 08:44 AM   #46
Zapata
a.k.a Dos Equis

Bike(s):
'13 Victory Judge

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X View Post
that was gixxerjamie, a friend of mine, he died. not sure of the mocking part, as a another friend of mine held jamie in has lap as he passed.

they (cops/firefighters) see death everyday, just as do emts and hospitals, is it any diff. then them calling them donorcycles? or "death pools"

and after seeing enough of them, you get callous towards it.....sounds like somebody familiar.......
Yeah!!! That was right!!! Remember the Constable that arrive to do the Accident investigation?? He was also a rider and got mad with the HPD cop for the comment. He use to be also a rider and had his own message board back in the day. Don't remember his name. I'm very bad with names.

Anyway...I stick to my guns" Cops don't care about us!!!!

and I will keep my toughts about cops for myself, this board has a lot of Cops and out of respect to the owner of this board will not make any other comment bashing the pigs ooppsssss...!!!! sorry...I mean the Cops.
Old 10-27-2009, 08:47 AM   #47
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Bike(s):
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

Quote:

Anyway...I stick to my guns" Cops don't care about us!!!!

why should they, don't "we" do enough to ourselves to create these situation ?
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Old 10-27-2009, 08:48 AM   #48
Zapata
a.k.a Dos Equis

Bike(s):
'13 Victory Judge

Member Garage

Quote:
why should they, don't "we" do enough to ourselves to create these situation ?
True...true....
Old 10-27-2009, 08:50 AM   #49
Pyrofallout
<<<< S.B.N. >>>>

Feedback Rating: (31)

Member Garage

OK, so a cop made a comment, I have said some things to another person at a scene and didnt realize a family member over heard, they weren't exactly pleased, but you know what, we came out and did the best job we could.

Doesn't mean I wanted to see someone get hurt. But it comes with the territory.

If you want cops to go about and never make any jokes or comments about something they are working you might try doing whatever your job is without any laughter, jokes, playing around, ect. Strictly business and nothing otherwise is to be done or spoken. It's not exactly easy. Gotta make the day go by man.
Pyrofallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 08:51 AM   #50
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Bike(s):
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

Quote:
True...true....
they get to see the aftermath.........and after a while and enough accidents.....who cares.

i mean the rider didn't care enough about anybody enough else when
"he's" riding like a jackass, so why should cops care?
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Old 10-27-2009, 08:54 AM   #51
Zapata
a.k.a Dos Equis

Bike(s):
'13 Victory Judge

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrofallout View Post
OK, so a cop made a comment, I have said some things to another person at a scene and didnt realize a family member over heard, they weren't exactly pleased, but you know what, we came out and did the best job we could.

Doesn't mean I wanted to see someone get hurt. But it comes with the territory.

If you want cops to go about and never make any jokes or comments about something they are working you might try doing whatever your job is without any laughter, jokes, playing around, ect. Strictly business and nothing otherwise is to be done or spoken. It's not exactly easy. Gotta make the day go by man.
You have a point there.... c'est la vie
Old 10-30-2009, 12:39 PM   #52
honorsdaddy
Professional Donor

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
2012 BMW K1600GTL
2013 Triumph Trophy SE (sold)
2009 Harley-Davidson Road Glide(sold)
2007 Star V-Star 1300T (sold)
2007 Star V-Star 1100 (sold)

Send a message via Yahoo to honorsdaddy
Quote:
Originally Posted by FKNA View Post
Just wanted to share my experience of the drive home from work yesterday. Normally when I ride the bike to work I take the toll road. But since I recently added another bike to the garage, I transferred the EZ-tag from the R1 to the Goldwing. So on the way home last night on the R1 I was taking the city streets to get home. While sitting at a light (a couple of vehicles in front of me) this woman hits my back tire. Barely taps, but nonetheless, hits my back tire. I turn around and point at the front of her car. At first she laughs, then she mouths something off. Don't know what she mouthed off, but this much I do know, it wasn't "I'm sorry" or anything along those lines. No I'm . So when it's time to go, I do a burn out which leaves a nasty black mark on her painted bumper. Mind you, there is now way that she can know anything was done to her bumper at this point. Next light I have one vehicle in front of me (two lanes going same direction). This nutcase decides to do the same thing. This time when the light turns green......I just sit there.....and sit there.....and sit there. All the while she is laying on her horn. She can't get around me since shes on my tire. She finally gets out of her car and starts cursing me out. She gets back in the car (light is still green) and lays on the horn again. When the light turns yellow I leave another nasty black mark on her painted bumper. She proceeds to run the red light to catch up with me. Next light had lots of traffic, probably 40 cars deep in both lanes. At this point I'm tired of dealing with this whacked out nut job, so I just lane split to get to the front of the line. End of story
You have a LOT more patience than I do. The first tap I might have let go depending upon my mood that day. The 2nd one? Um - no. The cops would be called on that. Getting out of the car and reaming your ? Um...well...lets just say I have very little patience for that kind of garbage.
Old 10-30-2009, 12:45 PM   #53
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Bike(s):
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro Navaja View Post
You are required to tell the police. In fact if you are in a cage and a cop pulls you over, when they ask for the driver's license you are supposed to give them the CHL and tell them where you are carrying (though they should know from your license plates). .
NOT anymore as of sept 1,2009. i still will, but it's no longer 1 of the rules.
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Old 10-30-2009, 01:34 PM   #54
Pedro Navaja

Quote:
Cool. Like you, I will continue to show/notify of the CHL. Can never be sure if the cops got the message or not. BTW, Carter Country in Pasadena is selling .380 auto FMJ. One box limit. Picked one up this morning
Pedro Navaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 01:35 PM   #55
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Bike(s):
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

45acp FTW! lol
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Old 10-30-2009, 06:45 PM   #56
Greg in H-town

Bike(s):
'07 ZZR600

Quote:
I'd show them the CHL anyway - doesn't it show up when they run your license? Might as well save them an extra trip back to your car ...
Greg in H-town is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 09:18 PM   #57
Pedro Navaja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg in H-town View Post
I'd show them the CHL anyway - doesn't it show up when they run your license? Might as well save them an extra trip back to your car ...
I took the CHL course at TopGun a few years back. The instructor said that when they run your plates it shows up. Probably need a LEO here to verify that.
Pedro Navaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 09:40 PM   #58
FKNA

Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
2005 Yamaha R1
2008 Goldwing

After reading through all of the replies, there are two recurring themes.
1) Opening up a can of whoop a$$
2) Calling the cops.

Both of which end up dealing with the cops and possible court. Might sound all fine and dandy on paper, but in reality.....you are probably looking at taking an additional two hours of my life (minimum). That's just waiting for the cops to arrive and do some paper work. Throw a court date in there, now even more of my free time is being wasted on this low life. Thanks but no thanks....after a 12 hour day.....all I wanted to do is get home and start my long awaited weekend.
FKNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 09:58 PM   #59
Davekg
Honda Rider

Bike(s):
08 CBR

Don't know what I woulda done in your shoes, glad you got out of there without getting hurt or having to do paper work though.

Davekg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 01:23 AM   #60
HMFIC

Bike(s):
08 Super Duke R
08 YZ450F
Santa Cruz Blur 4x
09 YZ250F

Im going to use Zapata's rationalization from now on!

About a yr ago, I had a guy on a GSXR try to get me to chase him. I thought he was a moron. Therefore, under Zapata's mindset, all SB riders are morons who love to run.

I saw a guy on a 998 with a Ducati T, Ducati Oakley sunglasses, and flip flops. I think thats squidly, therefore, all are squidly?

Sportbikers who want to do burnouts in front of clubs in Midtown, either rich tire shop owners, or dumb ? Dunno yet.

I went to an accident where a drunk HD rider wrecked. Now, all HD riders are to be known as drunks.

I can go on and on and on and on......

Advertisement