MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 10-24-2009, 07:34 AM   #21
FKNA

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
2005 Yamaha R1
2008 Goldwing

I have three words....NEGOTIATE NEGOTIATE NEGOTIATE.....I recently bought a new bike and only used one of those words. Do I think I could have gotten a better deal? YES! But sometimes we make sacrifices....and I had to jump onto getting a new bike will the wife was still semi-open to the idea. Moral of the story, NEGOTIATE NEGOTIATE NEGOTIATE......as long as you are willing to walk out the door without a bike, the better your negotiating skills can be.
FKNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Driving to Sunny California... Do's and Don'ts? Ares Car Forum 12 07-31-2011 12:42 AM
Buying a new bike Lucille225 General Discussion (Moto Related) 5 10-26-2010 01:18 PM
Where to park bike when at shopping areas(Malls)? DOs and DON'Ts? TheCyclist General Discussion (Moto Related) 48 12-03-2009 12:02 PM
I'm thinking of buying a bike cam, but don't know where to start Hooligan General Discussion (Moto Related) 27 03-15-2009 11:49 AM
the do's and don'ts of picking up girls in the computer lab Swift E Off Topic 0 12-16-2005 10:51 AM
Advertisement
Old 10-24-2009, 07:47 AM   #22
Hail
Middle Aged Crazy Member

Feedback Rating: (7)

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2013 Triumph Speed Triple R
2012 DR-Z 400S

The good thing for you right now is that you can get better deals on new bikes than you have been able to for the past 10 years. Almost all manufacturers and dealerships have rebates ATM. Some of the financing deals are rediculous. They will all try to get you to tack on a warranty. If you take good care of your bikes you probably do not need it. If you buy a bike that is proven through several generations you probably also do not need a warranty.

If I were to buy.... lets say the new VFR? I would get the warranty.
Hail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 08:00 AM   #23
DNGRMOUSE
Banned

Location: Noorf East side, Hillbilly , In the Dog house normally
Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 9-12 months

Bike(s):
'97 Honda VFR 750
'09 Buell Firebolt Xb12R
Fatboy
Tricycle
pocket rocket

User is banned

DNGRMOUSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 12:10 PM   #24
cj_sandman
custom user title!!

Bike(s):
'03 CBR 600 F4i
'99 FXST

+1 to everything Big Comfy said.
Old 10-24-2009, 01:06 PM   #25
didimao0072000

Bike(s):
50cc metropolitan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigComfy View Post
The only thing you shpould be concerned about is the bottom line not individual line items. Also, exteneded warranties are not bs just make sure your getting a good warranty. I plan on purchasing a 450x and plating her...I WILL PURCHASE A WARRANTY as id know ill rag on her and cause it to blow up.

Btw frieght isn't bs there is a cost involved in getting the bikes to a dealership as they don't just magically appear in our warehouse fyi. Bmw cars charge a destination fee no? Some of these places you see on ebay listing at super super low prices are actually loosing money on units and they don't pay a sales person. I know we suck(sales people) in most of ya'lls views but guess what? I've helped more than a few people stay alive or make the right purchase decision even if it cost me money. I'm a motorcyclist before a sales guy and my bosses know it. Buy me a beer and ill be more than happy to break it down for you after work one day dngmouse but you better bring shorty with ya

Just playing about the last part.

Martin

Ps. When you sell fairings on ebay do you charge freight and paypal cost on top of the said item or at least take it into consideration? I do bc it's a REAL COST.
do you work for mancuso hd?
didimao0072000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 05:23 PM   #26
Hail
Middle Aged Crazy Member

Bike(s):
2012 DR-Z 400S

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNGRMOUSE View Post
will be getting a '10 VFR next - why down on them ????
Not down on it al all. I have been waiting for a sign that the new VFR would come to life for a very long time. I just could not wait any longer and got the FZ1. I lovethe FZ1 but that VFR sure is purdy. In fact if you get one I may just rape it in your driveway.

I would just worry that with all the new technology in the new VFR and the fact that it is GenI there may be a few issues. I think a extended warranty on any GenI bike is a good idea.

With the new FZ1 in the garage it will be 2013 before I get my VFR (without warranty by then).

Last edited by Hail; 10-24-2009 at 05:27 PM.
Old 10-24-2009, 05:24 PM   #27
Hail
Middle Aged Crazy Member

Bike(s):
2012 DR-Z 400S

Quote:
Originally Posted by eltejano View Post
I never got the whole new thing. I got my bike with 600 miles, 1200 bucks of extras and for 2000 dollars less than the exact same new bikes 30 feet away.
I like my bikes to be virgin like. When I start to track I will get a .
Old 10-24-2009, 05:50 PM   #28
C.Hern5972
Street Ninja Four Father

Feedback Rating: (5)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
96 ZX7R 37k miles and still strong
2007 HD Softail
2002 Springer Classic
2007 GSXR600

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerobounds View Post
kawi doesnt suck, zuki doesnt suck, harley sucks.

GTFOOH

Chris H
"I dont follow rules to well"
C.Hern5972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 09:18 PM   #29
Princess
MH's ex fake mod

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
06 ZX-6R
09 Santa Cruz SL
Serotta Legend Ti

Send a message via AIM to Princess
Maybe you people with Kawis saying they suck actually suck at riding and/or taking care of your . My 06 636 has 31,000 problem free miles. It's at redline a LOT, high miles, and has seen several wrecks. , my last one was at 100mph. All I had to do was hammer the shift rod back into place and replace a broken footpeg.

Bill, you're talking about a dirtbike frame breaking. Who knows how many times it's had hard landings, cased jumps, etc. . If I recall correctly, wasn't it YOUR year GSX-R 1000 that had a problem with frames snapping? Thought so.
Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 01:57 PM   #30
Robopath
Post Crusader

Bike(s):
20th Ann. GSX-R 600

Send a message via AIM to Robopath
Quote:
Originally Posted by didimao0072000 View Post
do you work for mancuso hd?
He works at Stubbs Metric
Old 10-25-2009, 02:16 PM   #31
texlurch
Official MH tag inspector

Bike(s):
04 ZX-10R
02 ZX-12R BOTM 12/11
00 ZX-12R
07 GSXR 600
00 TL1000R BOTM 07/12 (sold)

Member Garage

Well Princess, if you were more studly and rode 12 o'clock wheelies everywhere, yours would have for sure blown up by now!
.... Home of the "Black Ninja's"
texlurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 06:39 PM   #32
Squoddybody
This is me.

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
Custom 2003 SV650

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigComfy View Post
The only thing you shpould be concerned about is the bottom line not individual line items. Also, exteneded warranties are not bs just make sure your getting a good warranty. I plan on purchasing a 450x and plating her...I WILL PURCHASE A WARRANTY as id know ill rag on her and cause it to blow up.

Btw frieght isn't bs there is a cost involved in getting the bikes to a dealership as they don't just magically appear in our warehouse fyi. Bmw cars charge a destination fee no? Some of these places you see on ebay listing at super super low prices are actually loosing money on units and they don't pay a sales person. I know we suck(sales people) in most of ya'lls views but guess what? I've helped more than a few people stay alive or make the right purchase decision even if it cost me money. I'm a motorcyclist before a sales guy and my bosses know it. Buy me a beer and ill be more than happy to break it down for you after work one day dngmouse but you better bring shorty with ya

Just playing about the last part.

Martin

Ps. When you sell fairings on ebay do you charge freight and paypal cost on top of the said item or at least take it into consideration? I do bc it's a REAL COST.
I told him that with the deal they had, he wouldn't get anything free.

Now I really have to figure out a way to lower it... it's so freakin' tall.

follow me on IG - squoddybody
Squoddybody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 07:29 PM   #33
Princess
MH's ex fake mod

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
06 ZX-6R
09 Santa Cruz SL
Serotta Legend Ti

Send a message via AIM to Princess
Quote:
Originally Posted by texlurch View Post
Well Princess, if you were more studly and rode 12 o'clock wheelies everywhere, yours would have for sure blown up by now!
That must be my problem there. Guess I'll keep riding it hard and just say fk taking care of it.

Oooooooor, I can do something as simple as general routine maintenence and know my bike won't leave me stranded.
Princess is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement