Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 10-23-2009, 07:17 PM   #21
Feedback Rating: (0)

User is banned

Badzx14r is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Anyone else around ride a Blackbird? BirdmanXX General Discussion (Moto Related) 33 06-12-2013 08:51 AM
400hp Blackbird Infinite General Discussion (Moto Related) 10 10-08-2012 06:25 AM
is the blackbird obsolete now Wallace,owens General Discussion (Moto Related) 62 06-10-2012 10:14 PM
Busa, Busa, UGLY Busa navigator General Discussion (Moto Related) 38 01-10-2009 01:34 AM
Busa Busa Busa with Randy Grinchy General Discussion (Moto Related) 2 09-28-2008 06:52 PM
Old 10-23-2009, 07:22 PM   #22

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

'01 Bandit

I've heard a lot of good things about the Blackbird but never owned/rode one, but I loved my Busa put almost 20k miles on it in less then 2 years. Not a bit of trouble.....and I bought it used. Track days, hill country, commuted, and acted a fool on it every chance I had.

500 mile days where not a problem and rode back from the hill country in a downpour (200 miles) and never an "oh SH*T moment.
Looking to buy another one next year.
Badchev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 08:29 PM   #23
Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 1-3 months

Z-rex ZRX1200r
Ninjette 250ex - SOLD :'|
Blondie ZX6R - SOLD :'|

The seat style looks like the one of the ninja's.
RIP Rocky Umali & blue 04 r6
Watch over us!

Originally Posted by Helios View Post
I got the hint and dropped to the back of the ranks just in front of Ares, who btw rocks the outta that 250.
Ares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 11:00 AM   #24
Get out of my way Jimmy

2008 GSX-R 1340 Hayabusa CBR1100XX Superblackbird & CBR600F4 track bike

Originally Posted by G-Man View Post
continued ...

Don't get me wrong, I don't dislike the Hayabusa; the looks just never grew on me. My biggest concern with ever owning one are more from a reliability perspective. Subframe and can chain tensioner failures would be enough to keep me from seriously considering putting one in the garage (if I could ever get over the aestetics issue).

Its funny that you mentioned the 1100xx as being "less comfortable". I love the ergos on the Blackbird and have done several hundred-mile days on it with very few complaints. Once again comfort, like aestetics, is a subjective thing so YMMV.
What up?...

As for the Blackbird vs Busa..

slower ....... busa is faster
bigger....... about I tie from where I sit.
heavier......... still a tie from the seat
les comfortable.. Blackbird has the better ergo's
Buzzy... Blackbird motor is much smoother
Fit and finish........... Honda

Not sure why the Blackbird gets dissed so much. But if you ever ride with one and he gets on the gas 1st don't feel bad if it takes you a while to reel him in no matter what you ride
TeXXass Jay

I hate rules
Busa vs Blackbird?
Track days are like going to Las Vegas If you canít afford to lose it donít go!!!!!
Jaygermeister is offline   Reply With Quote