MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 10-22-2009, 12:42 PM   #41
Elistan

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
07 CBR600RR

When I'm driving my car at night, I've noticed that an approaching motorcycle is just as visible with low-beams only as with both low- and high-beams. Also, when the motorcycle has the high-beams on it's blinding enough that I have a lot of difficulty making out the actual road surface and lane markings. On an unlit two-lane road, I thinking having your high-beams on makes it MORE DANGEROUS for you because the car might drift across the center divider. Also, the driver has more difficulty judging how far away you are.

On my bike, I haven't noticed the high-beams illuminating the road surface any more than the low-beams already do. I only find it useful on unlit roads when I want to get a better view of upcoming corners via illuminated trees, road signs, deer and the like.
Elistan is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
is flashing high beams to an oncoming car not a universal signal!!? coastalgix General Discussion (Moto Related) 24 01-03-2015 05:16 PM
Riding with people at night and having the high beams on... does it bother you?? floyd600 General Discussion (Moto Related) 49 03-19-2011 02:25 PM
High beams won't go off? atexanone General Discussion (Moto Related) 15 06-10-2010 08:44 AM
Flashin High Beams on red light signals??? pwned Off Topic 32 03-24-2010 05:44 PM
hi beams and harley a$$holes jrob General Discussion (Moto Related) 36 08-29-2008 12:09 AM
Advertisement
Old 10-22-2009, 12:44 PM   #42
wes_70x
Shake N Bake

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
2005 GSX-R 750 *STOLEN*
2007 GSX-R 750 "snow camo'd out" (sold)
2008 Hayabusa

hi beams all day in the city
wes_70x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 01:06 PM   #43
zerobounds
Captain Concussion

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow View Post
If you are out at night, and there are other vehicles, saying "I don't want to run over something" is a pathetic excuse.

MSF - overriding your headlight ftw
Old 10-26-2009, 03:01 PM   #44
Syko_racer

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
09 Ninja 250r
110cc Yamaha Racing Cart

I use my hi-beam day and night, except when I'm behind another bike.
Syko_racer is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement