MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 10-21-2009, 01:56 AM   #1
ormand
Deelish!

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 9

Bike(s):
2009 Ninja 650r
Total Mileage: 42,000

Thumbs down Creepy Tow Truck Drivers

I just came back from a ride from N Houston just now...unrelated to this thread, I went through a drive thru for the first time at Taco Cabana because there lobby was closed...I really wanted some potato/egg tacos with that brown sauce...ohh deelish

Anyway, I continue treking home on 45 Southbound @ 1am and this tow truck driver enters the freeway @ Dickinson...I am in the middle lane. For whatever reason, as soon as I pass him @ 65mph, he cuts over into my lane right behind me and is on my . There is nobody on that stretch of road at this time of night. I encounter another truck on the right lane and decide to cut infront of him to see what the tow truck driver does...hes just following me in the middle lane. I slow down to 60, then 55, then 50 and eventually to 40mph on 45 southbound near TX City and he slows down to match my speed. At this point, I am creeped out and exit TX City but decide to re-enter the freeway behind him where I got his license number and wrecker ID in case he tried to do something stupid.

I've had some creepy moments before in a car but this was my first one on a bike in the middle of the night with no eyewitnesses around. I don't know if the dude was going to do something stupid (ie: rearend me, shoot at me, etc.)...it's a bit unnerving.

Anyone else have any creepy @ night moments with wreckers, or anyone for that matter?
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Texas Move Over Law now includes Tow Truck Drivers. Perf_White_GT General Discussion (Moto Related) 34 05-06-2011 06:34 PM
i need a tow truck Kodak Off Topic 34 05-20-2009 01:06 PM
tow truck revenge Scatter Off Topic 3 12-11-2008 11:31 AM
need tow truck linjy2 General Discussion (Moto Related) 38 02-28-2006 01:01 AM
Advertisement
Old 10-21-2009, 02:11 AM   #2
knee_dragger

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
crf450

Ur the second one who posted this. Hmmmm... Somthin is up
December 2, 1980-October 13, 2007
You will be missed.
knee_dragger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 02:18 AM   #3
Chris24
Thread Savior

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
1979 Yamaha XS1100 Special

Send a message via AIM to Chris24 Send a message via MSN to Chris24 Send a message via Yahoo to Chris24
who knows. i think you did the right thing though. i was driving my car one day and this was following me, giving me funny looks. so i change directions etc. she goes out of her way, u turning from a middle lane and to follow me. had no clue what it was about but figured no kind of chase would end well.

i pulled over into a gas station (with people around) and was all..."can i help you?". turns out she thought the car was hers that had been stolen. i showed her my registration and she zoomed off. crazy .

point is if there is any kind of confrontation, it might be better for it not to happen at 60mph + on the highway.
Old 10-21-2009, 02:22 AM   #4
eltejano
I smell pretty

Bike(s):
2004 CBR600RR
2002 F4i
2003 CBR600RR track

I had a guy on a blue truck get on the freeway, speed up, cut me off and slam on the brakes right in front of me for no reason at like 2 AM with almost no one else in sight. I cut across two lanes to the next exit where he followed me and was on my on the access road on the middle lane to the point where I could not see his head lights. I shot to the right lane, slammed my brakes and he ended up right next to me. He made a move like he was threatening to side swipe me but I had rolled the window down and I had my Ruger pointed at his window like 3 feet away next to me going like 20 by this time. I was about to unload it into his cab and I assume he saw the the gun so he hauled back on the freeway and split FAST.I could not see in his vehicle cause he had tinted windows. I managed to make note of his license plate just in case

Super weird random . Worked late and was just cruising home. Last thing I was expecting was this . It happened like 5 years ago.
eltejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 02:23 AM   #5
eltejano
I smell pretty

Bike(s):
2004 CBR600RR
2002 F4i
2003 CBR600RR track

Quote:
Originally Posted by knee_dragger View Post
You are right, someone else posted about a wrecker following him all the way home.
Old 10-21-2009, 02:23 AM   #6
ormand
Deelish!

Bike(s):
2009 Ninja 650r

Maybe Im overreacting but I got a bad vibe from the whole situation. I like to ride @ this time of night frequently and guess I may start taking more precautions once I hit a quiet stretch of road. With all I have read and heard from friends and others on MH lately, it was a bit unsettling. I know I have had experiences before in a car where tow truck drivers want to cause an accident and slam on the brakes for no reason infront of you.
Old 10-21-2009, 02:27 AM   #7
pwned

Bike(s):
07 gixxer 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by ormand View Post
Maybe Im overreacting but I got a bad vibe from the whole situation. I like to ride @ this time of night frequently and guess I may start taking more precautions once I hit a quiet stretch of road. With all I have read and heard from friends and others on MH lately, it was a bit unsettling. I know I have had experiences before in a car where tow truck drivers want to cause an accident and slam on the brakes for no reason infront of you.
Do you remember what color was the truck? face?

sameshit happend 2 me he just followed me all the way 2 my neighborhood
pwned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 02:29 AM   #8
ormand
Deelish!

Bike(s):
2009 Ninja 650r

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwned View Post
Do you remember what color was the truck? face?

sameshit happend 2 me he just followed me all the way 2 my neighborhood
White truck with LED tailights and "T" thing in the back that looks like a big cross. The dude inside was white...this is in Galveston county though. He entered from Dickinson and exited La Marque. Can't be too hard to find a white guy in La Marque
Old 10-21-2009, 02:31 AM   #9
pwned

Bike(s):
07 gixxer 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by ormand View Post
White truck with LED tailights and "T" thing in the back that looks like a big cross. The dude inside was white...this is in Galveston county though. He entered from Dickinson and exited La Marque. Can't be too hard to find a white guy in La Marque
man glad ur ok... i know it shook the out of me when this happend 2 me

they ****ing think they own the road...

i remember the guy that was doin this 2 me had a bluetooth that was glowing blue

white/blue f350
pwned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 02:35 AM   #10
ormand
Deelish!

Bike(s):
2009 Ninja 650r

Well I do know that he wasn't expecting me to re-enter the freeway hauling behind him to get his plates/wrecker ID.

A peice of me says maybe the guy slowed down because he thought my bike was broken as I slowed down to 40mph and wanted to offer me a service. But a larger peice of me thinks this dude was going to try to do something stupid.

Is this worth reporting to the police?
Old 10-21-2009, 02:36 AM   #11
MrT713
Grand Kushi

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
2003 gsxr 600
2007 gsxr 600 Track

looks like i need to learn to shoot left handed
MrT713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 02:41 AM   #12
eltejano
I smell pretty

Bike(s):
2004 CBR600RR
2002 F4i
2003 CBR600RR track

Most tow truck drivers look like Arian Brotherhood ex convicts. , I know for a fact that some are, we had a few that used to come in the shop that were.

This one tow truck driver I worked on used to be AB in the joint and he would tell me to watch out for those guys cause a lot of them are very shady.

I had to call the cops once on a tow truck driver that was towing a suburban that was legally parked late at night by my work. I asked him why he was doing this and he told me he hadnt had any luck all day and had to get something. He was all runny nose, probably coked up.
Old 10-21-2009, 07:28 AM   #13
urbanXJ
erect engorged member

Experience: 9 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2008 Versys

glad to hear your riding that thing....why is this tow truck thing keep happening to folks?

the police are going to look at you like your a frog or something if you do bother to drive to the station and report it...
urbanXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 08:08 AM   #14
houstonch73
Banned

Experience: 10+ years

Send a message via Yahoo to houstonch73
User is banned

houstonch73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 09:08 AM   #15
ENDO_monkey
loves cupcakes

Bike(s):
2004 GSXR 600

UGHHHHH! Just brought up a bad memory of someone following me on red bluff, from clear lake to Deer Park, at 3 am when I had my TransAm! Scary . I had just done a crazy stero install and was jacking with it while driving back to Deer Park, road is dark at night with nothing around then I notice a car pull up next to me and drop back, I wasnt paying attention to my speed until I noticed him and I was going about 40, people normally drive 60 there. I would speed up and slow down and he was diong the same. I didnt want to gun it because the cross streets make for some nasty bumps and there is standing water on the road a lot and tons of people end up in the ditch. At the cross to fairmont, i am on my phone now with my bf crying and freaking out, dude tries to cut from my right to turn left on fairmont in front of me trying to hit me and block me. I was able to slam on the breaks miss him nice down shift to 2nd and take the **** off!

Most scared I have ever been! Thanks for the heads up about the tow truck I live down here too and the pink mohawk might make me an easy target.
ENDO_monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 09:09 AM   #16
GrayJ
Do a barrel roll!

Bike(s):
2004 SV650
1998 Shadow 1100
2005 CRF450R tard
2007 CRF50
Yamaha PW 50

Wow very strange, glad to hear nothing happened. Very understanding to have a super uneasy feeling. Just plain weird
GrayJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 09:54 AM   #17
Doug
Hangover

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
FLTRX

My rule of thumb is whenever I see a tow truck coming I get out of the way. They are horrible drivers for the most part.

They are probably messing with you because they can. This city is full of strange people; be careful out there!
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 11:16 AM   #18
Urban Ninja
Phuc Dat

Bike(s):
Yamaha FZR600

Quote:
Originally Posted by knee_dragger View Post
Yep. Must be some repos or something.

Either way, I would have been trying to figure out what the Tow Truck driver was up to while I try to get away.
Urban Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 12:57 PM   #19
ormand
Deelish!

Bike(s):
2009 Ninja 650r

Quote:
Originally Posted by ENDO_monkey View Post
UGHHHHH! Just brought up a bad memory of someone following me on red bluff, from clear lake to Deer Park, at 3 am when I had my TransAm! Scary . I had just done a crazy stero install and was jacking with it while driving back to Deer Park, road is dark at night with nothing around then I notice a car pull up next to me and drop back, I wasnt paying attention to my speed until I noticed him and I was going about 40, people normally drive 60 there. I would speed up and slow down and he was diong the same. I didnt want to gun it because the cross streets make for some nasty bumps and there is standing water on the road a lot and tons of people end up in the ditch. At the cross to fairmont, i am on my phone now with my bf crying and freaking out, dude tries to cut from my right to turn left on fairmont in front of me trying to hit me and block me. I was able to slam on the breaks miss him nice down shift to 2nd and take the **** off!

Most scared I have ever been! Thanks for the heads up about the tow truck I live down here too and the pink mohawk might make me an easy target.
Pink mohawk huh? I might have to h0lla atcha if I see you on the freeway..I live down here

My ex gf lived in Deer Park and drove a sh0wkar. She would tell me about all the scary/freaky she would deal with in that area...be safe
Old 10-21-2009, 12:58 PM   #20
ormand
Deelish!

Bike(s):
2009 Ninja 650r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Ninja View Post
Yep. Must be some repos or something.

Either way, I would have been trying to figure out what the Tow Truck driver was up to while I try to get away.
I own everything I have. I think this dude was looking for some . I thought about following him but it wasn't worth it and he's 99% strapped and I am not. It could be just that the dude was just acting creepy on the freeway...some people do that for kicks I guess.

Advertisement